New Crown Discussion

rebeccalouise

MerionMom,

Nope - we did buy some 1/2 pound in cute little Blue Mountain coffee sacks that were more than 10.00. You sure pay for the bag. You can get Blue Mountain in a "plain wrapper" and this will cost less. We bought some in the plain wrapper and some with the fancy label and there wasn't a taste difference.

We stayed at and AI in Mo Bay so we had time to check out the less expensive spots, we also bought rum, and some jewelry at the same connected shop system, so the prices were better.;) After all that the rum and coffee was a bit less at the air port. BTW this was in May of 05, so prices could have increased as well.

Lovn2liv,

Thanks so much for your positive review of the crown princess. After reading some of the reviews on CC, I was beginning to worry about my 8/25 trip. It is nice to hear about the good parts of the crown.

You mentioned in your review that the crown had plenty of quiet nooks to rest and relax. Were there any particular spots you would recommend? I like to read a lot on vacation and my Mom who is accompanying me likes to 'people watch'. Being by the pool, isn't essential. I was just trying to get an idea of some good spots to check out.

Thanks again for all you comments.

Heather

Hello. Hello. Glad to hear about all these wonderful comments about the Crown. I am booked on the 9/21 sailing and am couting down the days! There are just a few questions I was hoping to get answered!

1) Is there a charge for the shushi and where is it located? I am a sushi junkie!

2) What types of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) are provided, in what quantity and quality.

3) I'm currently booked in a BB balcony on the Riviera deck and am thinking of upgrading to a suite, but am having MAJOR anxiety about the exposed balconies. I know that all the mini-suites on the Dolphin deck are exposed, but does anybody know about any of the higher suites and the balcony situation?

4) Stupid question, but are there eggs and such on the room service menu?

Ok, I think I've asked enough for now...I'm sure I'll have more. Thanks in advance for all your help! :cool:

Answers sprinkled and sniped.

1) Is there a charge for the shushi and where is it located? I am a sushi junkie!

I did not have any, but I stopped people carting it around and asked. The sushi got good reviews. It's in the wine bar, of all places. It's a buck a piece.

2) What types of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) are provided, in what quantity and quality.

Lotus Spa stuff in all the rooms. It's okay. I have long, fine hair that's a pain in the neck to style. I thought the shampoo did a decent job and the conditioner was not thick enough and did not detangle as well as the Fructis I dragged onboard (a big public thanks to Carol for bringing the shampoo for both of us). I tried it just to review it! The lotion was not as good as my Keri, but not horrible. My husband will be very pleased with their stuff and will wonder why I am bringing my own on our next cruise. The soap was good and did the job.

3) I'm currently booked in a BB balcony on the Riviera deck and am thinking of upgrading to a suite, but am having MAJOR anxiety about the exposed balconies. I know that all the mini-suites on the Dolphin deck are exposed, but does anybody know about any of the higher suites and the balcony situation?

I have been told, by people on the boards, that the Emerald deck is covered. Try to get one of those.

4) Stupid question, but are there eggs and such on the room service menu?

Nope. It's very basic and for Continental Breakfast you should fill out the paper the night before and hang it on your door. We were in the corner and it would have been easy to miss us, but they got ours both nights that I did it.

There is hot food, but it's limited to burgers and hotdogs etc.

Ok, I think I'm all set now, Cookies at the International Cafe, Pizza in the afternoon, Jamaican Coffee (bargain them down), get up e a r l y for first dibs on the shady lounge chairs. Don't pay the $15 for the sanctuary. Yep, all set :) I actually am waaaay early for our cruise - not sailing until November but you can't start planning or reading too early right? Our group is very excited about this gorgeous new ship. We booked months ago before she was even built. I think we are doing mini suites for the first time. Anybody been in one of those lately? How were they???

:)

Oh, and there is NO such thing as a stupid question on the boards. I don't care what other people say!!!

Thanks, I sometimes the silly little questions can only be answered by people who have already been on board. Your response was very helpful response. Boo to there being a charge for the shushi...:( . I figured the toiletries provided would be okay, and for 9 days I would like to keep the "comfort" of home while on vaca. My boyfriend, who is perfectly fine using anything I put in the shower, also does not understand why I lug those bottles around with me. Men!

I was looking into the Emrald deck, but they all seemed to be sold out. I was looking at the aft suites on all the decks, but I am assuming they work the same way. Such a hard decision...great room with exposed balcony or smaller room with private balcony....hmmm.

Here is my 2 cents on the balcony. Yes, it was nice and I loved it, but I did not need a private balcony. I was with Carol and not my husband! On our spring trip I want a private balcony, but there are none to be had in our price range. Oh well...

It's not a deal breaker for me. No matter what you will have a ball!

Jage....try this link...http://www.*****/forum/create-a-vacation-countdown-ticker-2747.html

then they will give you a code (string of letters/numbers?) and just cut and paste this into your CC signature...from the CC discussion board home page, click on User CP on the top left of screen...then click on edit signature and copy the code ...I think that should do it!

Kathy

Thanks for the info. I have failed miserably! but will try again with husband's help when he comes in! Enjoy your cruise in August - we don't sail until November which seems an eternity away - it's our first cruise and I can hardly wait!!!

Jage

Thanks, I sometimes the silly little questions can only be answered by people who have already been on board. Your response was very helpful response. Boo to there being a charge for the shushi...:( . I figured the toiletries provided would be okay, and for 9 days I would like to keep the "comfort" of home while on vaca. My boyfriend, who is perfectly fine using anything I put in the shower, also does not understand why I lug those bottles around with me. Men!

I was looking into the Emrald deck, but they all seemed to be sold out. I was looking at the aft suites on all the decks, but I am assuming they work the same way. Such a hard decision...great room with exposed balcony or smaller room with private balcony....hmmm.

They don't charge for the pre-made sushi at lunch in the Caribe Cafe. It was there the 3 days that I stopped in. The sushi at the wine bar is very good and elegantly presented. Worth the $.

Jage....try this link...http://www.*****/forum/create-a-vacation-countdown-ticker-2747.html

then they will give you a code (string of letters/numbers?) and just cut and paste this into your CC signature...from the CC discussion board home page, click on User CP on the top left of screen...then click on edit signature and copy the code ...I think that should do it!

Thanks MiamiU72 for the countdown ticker info. I was wondering how people did that! If it's on the bottom of this post, then it worked fine for me...

We had a wonderful cruise, even if it was shortened by 2 days. It was our, 5 couples, first Princess cruise so can't compare with other Princess ships. It was beautiful! Hard to tell it had the problems and damage it did. There was a musty smell in the buffet area, but every night some of the carpeting was replaced so by the end of the week you never would have known. Saw no other evidence of damage. The service was fantastic, the food excellent. We wanted a table for 10 in early traditional dining, wound up with a 4 and a 6 next to each other the first night. Generoso, wonderful MT'D, arranged for a table of 10 in anytime DR same time same waiters every night, sent a note to our staterooms on Sunday to confirm and we had a great time every night with Bogdan and Narcissa! The Captain, Sergio was a gem! We spent a great deal of time on the sun deck above the Lous Spa pool, next to the Sanctuary. Most times it was empty! We did'nt have cushy cushiosn but bar people patrolled regularly to get us our drinks, sodas or whatever. It was very peaceful, no kids! And we never felt the need to pay the extra fee to sit 20 feet away, in an enclosed area! The Piazza is very nice, the entertainment, food options, music, frequently busy but nice to go to. Grand Turk was beautiful, water is fantastic. It does get crowded, but the beach to the right when you walk off is not as crowded. Would we sail on her again? In a heartbeat, though we do like to change our destinations every year, so may not be on her till they change.

Posted this earlier; hope it helps!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We had our first cruise ever on the 7/2 sailing. We loved the Crown, and we just booked three rooms for the 4/14/07 sailing!! First, make sure you eat everything in sight! We ate a light breakfast in the caribe cafe/horizon court (cc/hc), then a real breakfast later and sometimes a delicious pastry from the international cafe before lunch. Then of course lunch in the cc/hc. Then we went down to the international cafe and had either one of their yummy, little sandwiches or a quiche or both (all free). Then of course it was appetizers before our seating in the botticcelli dining room. We highly reccommend having reservations. You can get on a waiting list now. We started at 146 and ended up with a table. For dinner, we ate and ate (one night the wife had THREE appetizers. :rolleyes: They're called avocado boats I think.)! You can order two dinners if you want! The princess love boat dessert IS wonderful also. Also, we usually had an after dinner/before bedtime snack in the cc/hc as well. On seafood night, we took a few crab legs back to the room for breakfast! We are active (and thin) people, but we ate like we had never seen food before!! :p My wife bought all new clothes for the cruise in one size bigger than she usually buys! yes, we both gained ten pounds on this cruise!!!:eek:

Are you serious or is this a joke?

We had our first cruise ever on the 7/2 sailing. We loved the Crown, and we just booked three rooms for the 4/14/07 sailing!! First, make sure you eat everything in sight! We ate a light breakfast in the caribe cafe/horizon court (cc/hc), then a real breakfast later and sometimes a delicious pastry from the international cafe before lunch. Then of course lunch in the cc/hc. Then we went down to the international cafe and had either one of their yummy, little sandwiches or a quiche or both (all free). Then of course it was appetizers before our seating in the botticcelli dining room. We highly reccommend having reservations. You can get on a waiting list now. We started at 146 and ended up with a table. For dinner, we ate and ate (one night the wife had THREE appetizers. :rolleyes: They're called avocado boats I think.)! You can order two dinners if you want! The princess love boat dessert IS wonderful also. Also, we usually had an after dinner/before bedtime snack in the cc/hc as well. On seafood night, we took a few crab legs back to the room for breakfast! We are active (and thin) people, but we ate like we had never seen food before!! :p My wife bought all new clothes for the cruise in one size bigger than she usually buys! yes, we both gained ten pounds on this cruise!!!:eek:

Why would you think this is a joke? They like food,so do we. I can see us doing this on our cruise.

Laura

Some people eat on cruises. They posted that they are normally not big eaters and thin people. I drink on cruises and rarely, if ever, pick up a drink at home except for a once every two week or so glass of wine.

Just to add one day in the Caribe Cafe buffet it was all Sushi so you can get you fill on that day. It was maybe the 2nd or 3 day on the cruise.

(Was on the 7/11 cruise)

Fran, come back to the Roll Call! We are having *important* discussions over there! :)

All aft balconies are covered and private. By "aft", I mean actually ON the back on the ship, not "towards" the rear on the port or starboard sides.

HOW DID YOU EVER MISS TEA TIME??? (IN THE DINING ROOM ABOUT 4 PM)

Archived