Explorer in Bermuda - which side of ship for Balcony ?

We just got back from the 5 day Explorer cruise to Bermuda. The ship was docked with the port (left) side of the ship facing the dock at King's Wharf. The starbord view was the rest of the Isle of Bermuda across the channel. Our cabin was on the port side, and we thought the view was nice, no containers, etc. They were doing some work on the dock directly below where the ship was moored, but the view across the harbor showed a old fort and the ocean beyond that.

I've attached a couple of pictures that I took from our balcony which will give you an idea of what it looked like from the port side.

1634529265_KingsWharf2copy.jpg.d6788a652c02ec07d918ad30d0ea1e8b.jpg

1802337313_KingsWharf3copy.jpg.b585374e57e54b4e4fffb7cb76dfbd5b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Not a clue, but I was just thrilled. We were on the port side, so we faced the water and the bay breezes. And the beatiful views. When I wanted to see dockside, I went down to deck 4 or up to deck 12.

I remember one lady B'ing cause her TA ASSURED her she would be facing in the Hamilton direction....NOT!

I personally think there are no bad views when docked at King's Wharf! Both sides are beautiful! I would not lose a moments sleep worrying about which side my ship was going to dock on. It is truly a win/win situation! Facing the dock is fun and active but facing the Harbour with Hamilton in the distance and boats sailing by, is beautiful!

I personally think there are no bad views when docked at King's Wharf!

I think we could have used you to mingle with my ex fellow passengers.

I've never seen a more bunch of whiners complaining about practically EVERYTHING.

I would, however, been slightly agitated had I booked a center aft, and ended up facing north! We were aft last Bermuda cruise, facing south, and I think I was in the BEST room on the island! For three days!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166131536/1166677375057720145rHZiYr

I would, however, been slightly agitated had I booked a center aft, and ended up facing north! We were aft last Bermuda cruise, facing south, and I think I was in the BEST room on the island! For three days!

Now, this is sort of funny MrPete, as I also had a center aft balcony on my Bermuda cruise and we faced north and I felt like we had the best view of all! I could look left and see the Dockyard and all the activity and the Maritime Museum, I could look forward and see the stunning view of the ocean and I could look right and see the boats sailing out of the harbour and the Bermuda shore off in the distance. It was absolutely perfect! I was thinking it would have been awful had our ship docked in the other direction! :D So, you see? I was right! There is NO bad view at King's Wharf!

Last November on the Voyager we were on port side--next to the pier. Pretty interesting view--second day as we were preparing to depart--we could watch the port staff and crew pull up the gangways. We heard from below that several passengers were still not there--so we watched as a port staff member got in her car to go pick up some people as they were running towards the pier. Another couple came running up--and everyone was out on their balcony watching the proceedings. As they got closer someone yelled "Run Forest, Run!!!". The couple got a standing ovation. It was a fun sideshow.

Archived