HEY!where are you? I am ??????????

empress4bb

Anyone know what kind of walkie talkie type equipment can be rented or purchased for family members can locate each other on board?

I'm thinking kind of like what I've seen on ski slopes so you know which cliff you're buddy went off.:rolleyes:

Anyone know what kind of walkie talkie type equipment can be rented or purchased for family members can locate each other on board?

I'm thinking kind of like what I've seen on ski slopes so you know which cliff you're buddy went off.:rolleyes:

Do a search on "radios" very common topic...

Carnival rents walkie talkies for 25.00 each

buy your own--its cheaper.

make sure that you get the kind with rechargeable batteries or take a lot of batteries onboard with you.

We used cobra talk abouts. Cabins dp have voice mail but you need to set it up when you get into the cabin. You can access the voice mail from any house phone on the ship- all you do is dial the cabin #.

LOTS of people use walkie talkies and its hard to get a clear channel. Please pick another name other then MOM AND DAD... all those moms answering when a kid says mom... remember other passengers as people with those things can get pretty annoying-- no reason to be screaming in them.. if you have to scream you might as well be talking to your party wherever they are

LOTS of people use walkie talkies and its hard to get a clear channel. Please pick another name other then MOM AND DAD... all those moms answering when a kid says mom... remember other passengers as people with those things can get pretty annoying-- no reason to be screaming in them.. if you have to scream you might as well be talking to your party wherever they are

I use them at home to keep track of my daughter in the neighborhood. The ones that I have are Cobra brand , are rechargeable and can be tied to a private channel so that you will not hear every other conversation. This function does limit the range though so I don't know if that would help on the ship. We haven't tried taking them with us onboard yet as I didn't want anything else to carry.

Cabins dp have voice mail but you need to set it up when you get into the cabin. You can access the voice mail from any house phone on the ship- all you do is dial the cabin #.

Nice tip, Serene! Now that's one I didn't know about. So you can set up a voice mail box on your cabin phone and retrieve messages from any house phone around the ship? I gotta tell you, that's a tip I've never seen before on any of the hints threads.

You're really showing your veteran status here!

Steve -- dont know if its new but found out about it when on the Miracle. lots of people dont use it.. but its there-

Its gotta be set up-- if you dont set it up with a password it cant be done.

Steve -- dont know if its new but found out about it when on the Miracle. lots of people dont use it.. but its there-

Its gotta be set up-- if you dont set it up with a password it cant be done.

It's probably not new but I bet most people don't use it. Without cell phones on board (thank God), many groups and families need a way to communicate with each other on board. Checking your messages from a nearby house phone is a lot better than trekking back to your room.

It would be a great way for parents to have their kids check in if neither group knew where the other would be hanging out. The parents wouldn't have to stay in one place and wait for the kids to come by every hour or two. You could just tell them to leave a voice mail every hour saying where they're going to be, who they're with, and what they're doing. That way the parents know right where to find their kids if they want to check on them.

Me and the wife have nextel that work off line as walkie talkie. You turn the phone off and put them on Direct talk and they are good for 6 miles anywhere. They have 10 channels and a bunch of sub channels. Not all nextel have this so you need to check if yours do.

Great tip on setting up voice mail. Does anyone know where the house phones are located so messages can be left and checked without going back to the cabin?

all over the ship- by elevators- up and down the promanade. by the doors in the lido deck.

Archived