Carnival Staff - Shout Out

Karried

Martina from Czech Republic, our waitress on the Spirit was OUTSTANDING!

Gusti (INGST) From Indonesia, our waiter on the Celebration was OUTSTANDING as well!

Juan, cabin steward on Spirit was awesome and Mario, cabin steward on Celebration was awesome too.

All of the people that we have had the pleasure of meeting on Carnival were just outstanding.

We have to agree that Martina on the Spirit was truly outstanding. We sailed Hawaii to Mexico in October and the service provided by Martina and Peter (assistant) was exceptional.

This goes to Hadi, our room steward on the Fantasy in May. Imagine our surprise when we ran into him on the Liberty last week. He said he had been there for all of two weeks after taking off for 6 months to rebuild his home after it was completely blown away by a hurricane in Indonesia. I felt so bad for him. He is a great worker and does this for his family.

Also, a shout out to Todd Whitmer, the CD on the Liberty. He did a great job and is easy on the eyes as well!

This shout out goes to Julia, who was on the Elation in June and she was our favorite waitstaff person.:) She picked up very quickly our likes and dis-likes, and had everything always readily available, sometimes before we would even ask. She could tell DD was shy, and tried to bring her out of her shell a bit. She was always laughing and joking with us and our tablemates, and we will never forget her, she was awesome!:)

We LOVED Louis in the dining room on the Miracle, he waited on us and was so sweet, he knew my daughter was a picky eater and wasn't fond of many of the foods on the menu but loved shrimp so every night he had 2 shrimp coctails waiting for her when she sat down!

I don't even recall some of their names anymore but there were SO many others that were wonderful there!!! A few I could have lived without meeting but there were some that would just come over and talk to us every single day.

Antonio our steward on Glory. He went looking for my missing bag and found it by our personal tag because the Carnival tag had been ripped off. He was friendly, kept ice in our bucket and was nearly invisible the whole cruise.

A huge SHOUT OUT to all the staff on the Sensation Dec. 24-28 2006.

I don't remember most of their names but eveyone was friendly, always smiling and helpful.

Our room steward, Ann ( I think) seemed to always be in the hall to say hello, even though she supposedly only worked in the mornings and the evenings. And she remembered what we said we would be up to and would ask about it.

Made our first cruise outstanding and one to remember.

I want to send a shout out to a couple of people on our cruise. First is Volter are Room Steward. He helped make my husbands 40th birthday suprise go off with out a hitch. Thanks. Linden was our Head Waiter in the Carnivale dining room. Had alot of fun with him. Helped my picky husband have great meals everynight. Imead was our bar waiter in the dinning room but made sure to find us when we were up on Lido. Had our foofoo ready and waiting. Finally there is Myhala (not sure of spelling) she was our bar tender in the Brasserie bar every night of our cruise. There were 7 of us that would spend from 11 until whenever with her. She was fantastic. Thank you guys for your hard work and for making a difference on our cruise.

BIG SHOUT-OUTS TO THE FOLLOWING:

ANTHONY - VICTORY - MAY 2002 - Head Waiter

CHRIS - VICTORY - MAY 2002 - Asst. Waiter

ROOM STEWARD - CONQUEST - MAY 2004 -Panorama Deck

SAM - IMAGINATION - AUGUST 2005 - Bartender near Cigarette Bar - She mixes the best drinks and made our honeymoon that much more special. It was always a pleasure to hang it with Sam.

ROOM STEWARD - DESTINY - MAY 2006 - Lido Deck

Our SHOUT OUT goes to "Anna the Mix Master" as we fondly came to call her. She was the bar tender at the Martini bar on the Valor 9/06. She is a delightful and skilled young lady from Poland. I learned a lot about one of my favorite libations!

Cruise director Malcolm In the Middle on the Imagination this last week - What a character! He actually made the disembark talk fun. Woohoo!

And, of course, our cabin attendant from Jamaica, Rowan. Super nice guy and a great smile.

I thought Lenny was the CD on the Imagination? When we were on the Inspiration in Jan 05, Lenny was the CD and Malcom was the Asst. Malcom was fabulous! We spent alot of time talking to him since his hometown is near where we live and he was encouraging my oldest son to consider applying for a social host position on Carnival.

Edwin, our head waiter on the Glory was such a sweetheart! He brought my daughter special dinners, and spent his free time teaching her how to make napkin designs. When he talked about his son and wife at home in the Philipines, I thought he was going to cry and it broke my heart! I wanted to move him and his family to live with us!

A tremendous SHOUTand a sincere thank you to Miss Rachel and her team in the Seven Seas dining room. We had 5 of our children, a daughter in law and a grand daughter -- children ranged in age from 5 to 35 and a 4 year old granddaughter. Rachel went out of her way to make each dining experience enjoyable for all. Smiling as she fetched the 3rd hot dog bun. Thank you Rachel.

Also, SHOUTING thanks to Richard for faithfully picking up after the kids; making a bed whereever the girls decided to "sleep over"; waking up my sons and in general being the best.

Finally, if there is a cruise director better than Steve, then he or she deserves a double SHOUT. I never had the opportunity to speak to Chris, but I was amazed at his talent with the violin and I loved his "dumb questions" stories. His dedication to his position was evident in the wonderful attitude of the crew -- who spoke 16 languages and represented 40 countries. As a daughter of the south, I would state that Chris was a true southern gentleman and demonstrated Southern Hospitality at its best. Thank you.

The Park West Art Auction was not only fun, it was very educational.

Sale date: 12/28/2006

(((((((((((((((((SHOUT OUTS))))))))))))))))))))))

Peter - Our room steward........Always had a smile on his face and would go out of his way to help.......Thanks for the monkey towel!

Osmond and Alexandra - Our wait staff. OMG These two complimented each other. What incredible people. Thanks for the spoon person.....lol

Omur - Matre'D We had so much fun.....Helloooooooooooooooo from the AAAAAchews!

Steve the CD - What a comic. Thanks for keeping us in stitches!

Carnival Destiny crew - We did NOT come across one rude crew member. Thank you for a wonderful memory:D

In all 7 of my Carnival cruises, I've never even noted the name of, much less received any special attention from, a maitre'd. But Eva heard from our wait staff that we were disappointed about Carnival removing our favorite Bitter and Blanc Brioche Pudding from the menu. She arranged for it to be prepared just FOR OUR TABLE, the final night of this years Christmas cruise. She also provided a copy of the recipe. Now that really is wonderful service, and a real desire to make guests feel special.

Archived