Carnival Staff - Shout Out

Karried

This is a thread for Shout Outs or Compliments for Outstanding Service..

Here's my Shout Out to Brian ( Carnival Conquest - Head Waiter Extraordinaire on the July 30th Sailing out of Galveston - top floor Monet Dining room).

In the event that Carnival reads this, (in addition to my survey that I checked Exceeded Expectations) I want this cruise line to know that you have one of best professional, friendliest, fun providers of service (above and beyond), staff members that I have ever had the pleasure to sail with!

Here's just a small sampling of the extra touches he did each and every night.

Brian searched high and low for Cherries for a 5 year old who dreamed of a sundae with cherries.. when the ice cream came without cherries, he was a little disappointed .. not a huge deal but Brian overheard him asking ' where are the cherries?' and brought a bowl of cherries and every night after the first.. Brian put cherries on every dessert imaginable! Small thing yes, but wonderul attention to detail all the same.

Brian - You and Your Entire Team Rock!

In fact, I think I'll email Carnival this same message just to make sure they get it ;)

Fantasy, May 13-18, 2006. While I can not remember the names of each person, every Carnival employee that I came in contact with was just awesome! Our room steward was beyond great and the wait staff were incredible. A true SHOUT OUT to everyone that makes the Fantasy a "fantasy". I even e-mailed Mr. Bob to tell him how wonderful our experience was on the Fantasy and that is was due to his great staff. I received a response (I am sure from his assistance) thanking me for my remarks and that they would be forwarded to the superiors in the dining room and for our room steward. It is nice to hear all the good things!! Not just the bad

My "shout out" has to go to Mark Price. After 8 cruises, our youngest son had never won a ship on a stick. I always got at least one for singing and our oldest always got at least one for doing something at Camp Carnival. But since our youngest son is a special needs child, he would never be able to "earn" one. We were standing around talking with Mark one afternoon, when our oldest came up with his "newest acquistion" and our youngest made the comment that one day he would win one.

Later that day, after a "question and answer" session in the main theater, Mark called our youngest son to the front and presented him with his first ship on a stick for being Mark's favorite passenger of the day. (or some such silliness) The Social Hosts were both young ladies and they were there for the presentation, complete with a kiss on each cheek as we took the picture!

He has never forgotten that...and never will. (neither will Mom and Dad)

Which ship was Mark on?

My "shout out" has to go to Mark Price. After 8 cruises, our youngest son had never won a ship on a stick. I always got at least one for singing and our oldest always got at least one for doing something at Camp Carnival. But since our youngest son is a special needs child, he would never be able to "earn" one. We were standing around talking with Mark one afternoon, when our oldest came up with his "newest acquistion" and our youngest made the comment that one day he would win one.

Later that day, after a "question and answer" session in the main theater, Mark called our youngest son to the front and presented him with his first ship on a stick for being Mark's favorite passenger of the day. (or some such silliness) The Social Hosts were both young ladies and they were there for the presentation, complete with a kiss on each cheek as we took the picture!

He has never forgotten that...and never will. (neither will Mom and Dad)

LHP, Both of our kids are Special Needs too. Neither will ever been able to go on a cruise with us, it just couldn't happen. But, we are touched sometimes by Special People out there, who, will go out of their way to something "Extra" for our 2. There are some very good people out there, Mark sounds like one of them. Your story brought a tear to my eye. I'll add my "Shout Out!!!" to him also.

Matt

Here is my shout out, to Claudia, our lovely waitperson from Romania in the Renoir dining room, lower level, last November on the Conquest.

Claudia presented a wonderful balance of friendliness and professionalism. She earned my utmost respect, as a wonderful server but more importantly as a warm and compassionate person.

Here is to you, Claudia! :)

Reading this story reminded me of Todd, our cruise director on the same Conquest trip. There was a special person traveling who held up a sign throughout the last show - Todd noticed early on and tried to give a signal that yes, he saw the sign... but this person held the sign up all during the show.. and it was so touching that after the show, Todd came over and paid such attention to this sweet person... giving a huge hug.. I could tell he was touched.. and the parents were almost in tears.. I know I was!

cruise2006154ui4.jpg

• 4 months later...
Which ship was Mark on?

I am so sorry it took so long to reply to this question. Shortly after I posted, we had to move our son to college and I "lost" track of a lot of threads during that time.

The ship that Mark Price was on at the time was the Fantasy. This was in March 2003. He is currently on the Conquest!!

My shout out goes to Sylvia Who works in lobby bar on the Glory. She is wonderful and had me try alot of drinks, i would have never enjoyed if i didn't try them. and to whoever assigns dinner seating , we had wonderful tablesmates ,who we call friends now!!

Kim

I'm glad this thread was brought back to life, because it originated before my first cruise. I'd like to compliment our waiters on the Conquest's Nov. 26, 2006 cruise...MeHai and Marius. They were in the Renoir for dinner, but we always requested their table in the Monet for breakfast and lunch. Not only did they take care of all our dining needs, but their personalities are such that they made dining with them FUN! They are both great assets to the Conquest.

I'd also like to say that Todd Wittmer was a wonderful CD on our first Conquest cruise Sept. 3. We were saddened that he wasn't there on our second cruise. Ryan Fitzgerald did OK, but he had big shoes to fill, after Todd! (I have since learned that Ryan was just filling in for Mark Price, but it happened to be on our cruise.)

And let's not forget the talented bunch of dancers and singers who perform the shows! WOW!! How does Carnival find these people?? We enjoyed all the shows immensely.

My shout out goes to Suresh, on Carnivals Sensation!! This bar waiter was absolutly wonderful!! He made my 21st birthday an absolute blast!!!

This is me and Suresh, our first day on board!

21stBirthdayCruise064.jpg

I adore this man!! Not to mention he makes for good conversation on his down time! :)

-Heather xoxo

Shout Out to the Super Shopper Descio - we kept running into him and he always led us to the right spot.

Shout Out to Mira our Room Steward - she did an excellent job of cleaning up after "the mess"

Shout Out to Anna from Romania in the Karaokae room - we had a blast every single night (it's me "Ms. New York")

Shout Out to George - our favorite dancer - from day one he was mad cool;)

Shout Out to Frank Enrique (the photographer) - we wanted to bring him home with us...it was fun hanging out on the Lido deck the last night;)

Shout Out to Steve our Cruise Director- the games were fun and your jokes were hilarious:D

oh yeah SHout Out to Antoine - your jokes were not that funny but we appreciated the effort and all your hard work:p

I think that's it

Martina from Czech Republic, our waitress on the Spirit was OUTSTANDING!

Gusti (INGST) From Indonesia, our waiter on the Celebration was OUTSTANDING as well!

Juan, cabin steward on Spirit was awesome and Mario, cabin steward on Celebration was awesome too.

All of the people that we have had the pleasure of meeting on Carnival were just outstanding.

My shout out goes to Suresh, on Carnivals Sensation!! This bar waiter was absolutly wonderful!! He made my 21st birthday an absolute blast!!!

This is me and Suresh, our first day on board!

That guy waited on me too In October on the SENSATION nice guy

http://www.myspace.com/mroctober2u

We just got back from the Celabration Julian and Lucky we great Omand was also very good Thomas was great and keep or room clean

In September we were on the glory Yoman and Utsu were awsome and Bernard was great

we have been on 3 Cruises this year and have had great crew on all 3 ships we love Carnival and are getting ready to book another

Keep up the good work

My first cruise on the Carnival Miracle in 2004: Todd Witmer, an OUTSTANDING CD! Daniella from Romania in the dining room, such a sweet person and so enthusiastic about what she does! On the night of the Gala Buffet, she made sure I tried one of everything!

My second cruise on the Miracle in 2005: Komang and Yusup, our dining room waiters on the lower level. Awesome guys! And so entertaining! Komang made these little animals out of table napkins that would run up his arm! Yusup has to be the best dancing waiter Carnival has! Dominic, in the Photo Gallery, he learned my name and where I was from the first day and for the rest of the week, he greeted me with a "Hello there, Sheila from Alabama!". My room steward and his assistant...I don't recall their names now but they were magnificent!

My third cruise on the Miracle this past April: Mark and Catherine, the most wonderful room stewards anyone could have! Whenever I saw them, they were always ready with a friendly smile and warm greetings. Our dining room waiters, Dexter and Putra. Friendly and efficient, and Putra really put everything he had into dancing!

And on all three cruises: Captain Gigliotti, simply the BEST!

My third cruise on the Miracle this past April: Mark and Catherine, the most wonderful room stewards anyone could have! Whenever I saw them, they were always ready with a friendly smile and warm greetings. Our dining room waiters, Dexter and Putra. Friendly and efficient, and Putra really put everything he had into dancing!

And on all three cruises: Captain Gigliotti, simply the BEST!

We had Mark and Catherine on the Miracle in March 2006 as well...wonderful individuals who did a great job. Chatted with Catherine in Spanish, and Mark played a funny trick on my DD with yellow post-its!! Delightful people, both of them. I wish I had gotten a picture of them.

Archived