Sandals in Dining Room

meyerhaus

I am sure that this will be fun, but I have to ask. :confused:

My very, VERY favorite footwear in the world is my pair of Doc Martin Sandals. Here is a link to the picture: http://www.wildfree.com/dmimage/dm809254007.jpg.

My question is, can I wear these in the dining room with a nice pair of slacks and button up shirt. I don't need the fashion advice; I know my fashion. I just need to know if the sandals are going to make people upset. I wear them with just about everything.

THANKS!!

Go for it. No one's going to be looking at your feet.

Good point, Pam. Nobody who looks high enough to see the top of Jon's head at his 6'4" is going to scan down far enough to see his feet!! Donia

My wife wore very similar sandals every night including formal night in the dining room - no one ever looks at your feet anyway! One of our tablemates lost his shoes during the trip down and wound up wearing flipflops every night (including formal) and no one even noticed. If he hadn't told us, no one would ever have known.

I wear sandals to every meal, including formal night. Of course, on formal night, I wear a long skirt..........................perhaps you could do that too..................I GUARANTEE noone would notice your sandals!!! :D

He wouldn't wear the dress shoes I bought him, but he was willing to wear the dark socks plus his favorite sandals (a pair of sandals which look just like the one pictured) on all formal nights. Nobody said anything to me!

Jennifer

Sandals??? Is there any other form of shoe, for man or woman, to wear in the summer??? I was going to ask if one was allowed to go barefoot in the dining room.

Also guys, in the summer if you must wear shoes, don't wear socks........well, maybe on formal night (and that's a maybe).

(footnote: this was written by a life-long coastal Southerner!)

Actually, plain black flip flops (not the patent leather or Docs type) are "in" as a summer alternative to those patent leather shoes with a tux or a dark suit.

Of course no one mentioned that you have to make sure your feet have had a nice pedicure if you are wearing them on formal night!:)

I have a pair of' 'Clarkes of UK'black sandals with black rubber soles. Wear them just for the dining room casual or formal under long skirts with long black stockings.

Will not wear evening shoes or heels on board just scared of slipping on the Marble Floors outside the dining room... Then always use the stairs so feel safer with this type of shoe.....also the weather can change and be choppy.

Its just 'tough nuts' if someone objects because thats what I will continue wearing !!!!!!!!!!

If we ever meet on board Meyerhaur we can both lift our skirts and pants and do 'The Sandal Dance'

Archived