Biscayne Bay Marriott ?????

PortugueseLady

HI,

I thought we were booked at the Holiday Inn, :confused: but apparently not..

We are booked at the Biscayne Bay Marriott for our 9/3/06 cruise on Freedom, we arrived on that Sat. 9/2.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel lately?

Is it walking distants to Bayside Marketplace...I really wanted something close to the Marketplace:rolleyes: but it seems that this hotel is not..

Any info, would be great..

Thanks...

HI,

I thought we were booked at the Holiday Inn, :confused: but apparently not..

We are booked at the Biscayne Bay Marriott for our 9/3/06 cruise on Freedom, we arrived on that Sat. 9/2.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel lately?

Is it walking distants to Bayside Marketplace...I really wanted something close to the Marketplace:rolleyes: but it seems that this hotel is not..

Any info, would be great..

Thanks...

It is so much nicer than the Holiday Inn.

I'm scheduled to stay at the Biscayne Bay Marriott in November, so the following is 2nd hand information. Our friends, who we're cruising with, stayed there last year. They enjoyed the Marriott so much that they wanted to stay there again this year. Her comment about the marketplace is that it's close enough to walk -- but she wouldn't feel comfortable walking in that area at night. Hope that helps a little!

Her comment about the marketplace is that it's close enough to walk -- but she wouldn't feel comfortable walking in that area at night. Hope that helps a little!

I too would rather stay at the Marriott than the Holiday Inn. I have walked from Bayside to the Marriott after dark and it is something I won't do again.

Thanks for all the information.

We will not be walking at night, we will be during the day for lunch and maybe an early dinner but there are 8 of us so we should be okay, in case we run into the night time.

I find it really funny that people say not to walk at night time. We were there last year (although during the day) and didn't see anything or anyone sketchy....but I am sure people have their reasons for stating their concerns at night time.

Oh I do believe the Marriott would be better then the Holiday Inn but just figured HI would be closer..either way, if need be we would take a cab especially if we spill into the night hours.

Thanks again for all your comments. :)

We have stayed at the Marriot Biscayne Bay twice. Great views from the room and comparing it to the Holiday Inn which we stayed at as well the Marriot is so much nicer. Don't forget your swimsuit they have a wonderful pool area.

The hotel is not a very good walk to Bayside, but there is a metro mover rail system near the hotel and Bayside that we took. If coming back after dark I would just hire a taxi to get back to the hotel, I can't remember how much it cost, but is worth the peace of mind. (I think like maybe $5.00)

The Marriott is my favorite Miami hotel for pre cruise stays. It is not safe to walk from the hotel to Bayside IMHO. They do have the Metromover and I have used it during the daytime only. A taxi to Bayside is not that expensive.

I have some photos of the view of the port from the Bayview rooms. Click on my link below and then on the Navigator of the Seas.

Can't wait to stay there in March. I have previously stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was okay but I would rather have the bay view of the port because I know we're not going to sleep all night anyway, we might as well watch our "Jewel" sail back in to pick us up!

Thank you Marriott rewards points - I had enough for a free room - Yippee!

there is also a shuttle to bayside...i think it was about 2 bucks each way....too far to walk.

i was there in the middle of hurricane wilma.....it's a decent place...there are better marriotts and worse ones too.....it needed some fluffing up, but it was ok. get a bayview room, the higher up the better....

we were there in bad conditions......however, they made they best of it (no electricity in miami, no nothing.....) but they fed us 2 meals...1 of them was hot! they arranged for us to go to orlando when miami virtually shut down and not a single associate complained.......so for that they deserve credit.

No idea how close you are to South Beach, since this is our first time to Miami. Bayside Marketplace is a shopping and dining area. We have friends who used to live in Miami who said it's a great place to grab a bite to eat if you're staying in Miami pre-cruise. Here's a link: http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/

I find it really funny that people say not to walk at night time. We were there last year (although during the day) and didn't see anything or anyone sketchy....but I am sure people have their reasons for stating their concerns at night time.

Yeah, it's called the crime statistics for Miami. Robbery, for instance, is 3.5 times the national average.

See http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Miami&state=FL for further information.

Yeah, it's called the crime statistics for Miami. Robbery, for instance, is 3.5 times the national average.

RH, you probably don't even go out of your own home at night right? The crime stats for NY,NY 597 murders, 1,609 rapes, 25,989 robberies, 31,253 aggravated assaults, 176,767 property crimes.....oh my....:rolleyes:

There's crime wherever you go. Bottom line, always be aware of your surroundings (no matter where you go)

• 2 weeks later...

I know we can see the port from the windows but I definitely will have too much luggage to walk to port. Does anyone know if they have a shuttle?? I didn't see any reference to it on the Marriott site but it doesn't always have the details. If no one has the answer I may get brave and call to ask them. Otherwise...the taxi cannot be too expensive and my friend and I could find some other folks to share one with :o

• 2 months later...
I know we can see the port from the windows but I definitely will have too much luggage to walk to port. Does anyone know if they have a shuttle?? :o

I'm booked the Marriott for next July. There is a shuttle available. It's $5.00 pp and it starts running at 10:30, hourly. The last shuttle leaves at 1:30 (this is what I was quoted).

Archived