Crown Princess -- Laundry Rooms and In-Cabin Internet??

JeffCoud

Hey gang!

I have 2 questions about the Crown Princess (only 5 days to go!!!)

Does it have public laundry rooms? I think it does but not seeing them on the deck plans online.....

Also, I believe Crown Princess has wireless Wi-Fi type connections in several public rooms etc, but is there in-cabin internet access as well? I am brining my laptop so I can download my digital pictures, play movies, and write my cruise journal, but don't recall seeing anything about in-cabin internet. Anyone know??

Thanks mucho!!!!!

Jeff

Does it have public laundry rooms? I think it does but not seeing them on the deck plans online.....

7 decks with Self-Service Laundromats, and you're not seeing any of them? I think it's time to get that eyeglass prescription checked! LOL

Take another look at the deck plans on the Princess website: Crown Deck Plans

Riviera Deck: Opposite Cabins R610 & R609

Aloha Deck: Opposite Cabins A630 & A631.

Baja Deck: Opposite B612 & B611

Caribe: Opposite C314 & C311

Dolphin: Opposite D722 & D723

Emerald: Opposite E620 & E621

Plaza: Opposite P208

My better half says that since I know where all the laundromats are, I can do the wash myself, since she's on vacation and will be unavailable!fing20.gif

Wi-Fi is available only in the Atrium area, not in cabins. I think I've read but can't remember which thread or which ship, that a full suite cabin somewhere has Wi-Fi but I could be wrong. It would be cheaper to buy blocks of Wi-Fi Internet than pay for a full suite. :)

Thanks all!!! There they are! I think the deck plans on orbitz didn't have this! Should have looked at the Princess web site! Very nice. Not planning on doing a lot of laundry, but some. And I think probably they have an iron and ironing board in each one most likely?

Can live without the in-cabin internet...was just curious though. You would think they'd build this in new ships though right?? Oh well...

Jeff

The are coin operated machines that have little boxes of soap in them for use. We have found the machines in the laundry rooms. Full Suite clients get free internet access but still only in the cybercafe using Princess computers. If they bring their own computer and want wireless they pay for it just like anyone else. This is also true of Plat. and Elite Capt'n Circle members; free Internet access but only when using the computers in the Cybercafe, not on wireless.

Arne't small boxes of detergent available to buy either in the laundry room or elsewhere on ship? Do we have to bring our own?
I wouldn't bother bringing your own, particularly if you're flying. There are soap dispensers in the laundry rooms and you can also purchase detergent in the ship's store. Both powder and liquid detergent was available on my recent Sea Princess cruise.

fred s

are the charges different if you use their computers or use your own?

thanks

Charge is the same. You don't buy blocks of times. It's a flat fee per minute-35 cents. Bring your laptop if you want to send or receive attachments. The ship's computers filter out very thoroughly--my entire hotmail box was inaccessible. Try to get a strong wifi signal--it varies at different areas around the atrium. The connection is slow enough to start with--you don't want it even slower with a weak connection.

Yeah, you would think with all the money spent Princess would have had in cabin wifi, wouldn't you.

I wouldn't bother bringing your own, particularly if you're flying. There are soap dispensers in the laundry rooms and you can also purchase detergent in the ship's store. Both powder and liquid detergent was available on my recent Sea Princess cruise.

Thanks for the info. One less thing to worry about. Do you recall whether the washer and dryer use $ bills or quarters?

• 4 years later...

I have read where due to local environmental issues laundry facilities are closed for passengers ( Alaska, etc.) Are we going to be able to use laundries on this trip? It will make a difference on amount of clothes we take as we are staying on a few more days in Europe. Thanks for the info.:)

this was really weird

justr booked the carribean princess. looked at this thread on the crown since they're sisters. i saw the original post from jeff was from 2006. we sailed with jeff on the crown in 2006. he passed away this past february. you can imagine how weird it as to see his screen name, then see it was from 2006

• 2 years later...
7 decks with Self-Service Laundromats, and you're not seeing any of them? I think it's time to get that eyeglass prescription checked! LOL

Take another look at the deck plans on the Princess website: Crown Deck Plans

Riviera Deck: Opposite Cabins R610 & R609

Aloha Deck: Opposite Cabins A630 & A631.

Baja Deck: Opposite B612 & B611

Caribe: Opposite C314 & C311

Dolphin: Opposite D722 & D723

Emerald: Opposite E620 & E621

Plaza: Opposite P208

My better half says that since I know where all the laundromats are, I can do the wash myself, since she's on vacation and will be unavailable!fing20.gif

I really like your "better half"! My kind of woman!

The change machines are occasionally out of order without a warning sign attached,

so I get quarters at the front desk,

And be sure to inspect the base of the iron before use.

Edited by Stevesan

• 1 year later...
JeffCoud, yes, there are public laundry facilities. I don't think there is in cabin internet connections. Could be wrong but, I've never seen them.

I read somewhere (perhaps on this roll call?) that the laundry room is locked while in Alaskan waters. I don't know if this is true.

Yvette

I read somewhere (perhaps on this roll call?) that the laundry room is locked while in Alaskan waters. I don't know if this is true.
Yes. Due to Alaskan environmental laws. Not unusual. That's also the case in Venice and other parts of the world.

Yvette

The original post was from 8 years ago. Ordinarily, I would think that

the poster has already sailed, and additional information probably won't

benefit them.

But this is cruise critic, where ever possible aspect of an upcoming cruise

had to be micro managed by some.

It would not surprise me if there are posters here working about which

dining room will be used for their embarcation lunch in 2022, and a

ship that hasn't been designed yet.