Possible Cruise Question - Please Help if You Can

Cruisin' Nana

Everyone here is SO knowledgeable about cruising options, I felt this is the best place to start with my question.

My boss wants to go by water (whatever way works out best) from the Fort Lauderdale area to Nassau arriving in Nassau no later than October 10th. He is attending a conference in Nassau for a few days and wants to leave Nassau on October 14th by water to arrive in the Fort Lauderdale area no later than the early morning of October 16th to catch a flight back to Houston.

He doesn't care how elaborate his accommodations are, just that he arrives by water. He is afraid to fly, so he absolutely will not fly over water.

I have looked at a few possible cruises, but it seems I have read on these boards that one has to stay with the cruise or pay a penalty to leave the ship. Is this correct? Also he will need to board another cruise in the middle of the itinerary to return to Fort Lauderdale in time to catch his return flight to Houston.

Finally, he wants to go as inexpensively as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for his water transportation that I could follow-up on?

I really appreciate your help!!!

Archived