Getting to London from hotel near Heathrow

SF

Thank you, Globaliser!

That's exactly the information I was looking for. Yes, it's the hotel at 15 Bath Road, and the hotel's map showed the same location.

We will be traveling light with rolling duffels, but we'll see what the weather and time of day are like, and then make up our minds about how to best get to the hotel.

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

The quickest way to get into Central London is the Heathrow Express train which runs from the airport to Paddington station. It takes just 15 minutes and costs £13.50 for a day single so it is not cheap but it is so quick and efficient and if you only have a short stay in London it's an ideal way to maximise time.

There is also a new train service called Heathrow Connect which also runs to Paddington Station. I think I've seen it advertised on billboards as taking 25 minutes and you can link to this from the Heathrow Express website.

http://www.heathrowexpress.com

On the homepage of the Heathrow Express there is a link to a website called www.toptable.co.uk which has some great offers for dining. It is basically a 3rd party which makes reservations at restaurants for you and there are often '50% off your bill' type offers or special menus. Eatring out in London can be expensive and you can find some good deals here.

The quickest way to get into Central London is the Heathrow Express train which runs from the airport to Paddington station. It takes just 15 minutes and costs £13.50 for a day single so it is not cheap but it is so quick and efficient and if you only have a short stay in London it's an ideal way to maximise time.

There is also a new train service called Heathrow Connect which also runs to Paddington Station. I think I've seen it advertised on billboards as taking 25 minutes and you can link to this from the Heathrow Express website.

I've already said something about the Heathrow Express above. Depending on where you want to go, it may not be much faster than just taking the Tube. As I said, from Heathrow to/from my office (vaguely near St Paul's) is about 10-15 minutes longer by Tube than by Heathrow Express+Tube/taxi, but it usually costs me £2 by Tube vs about £15-25 by Heathrow Express (depending on whether I Tube or taxi between Paddington and the office).

Is it worth spending up to £23 more to save 10-15 minutes? I think not.

The Heathrow Connect is not really a good idea for people who want to go to central London. On average, it's slower than the Tube but still costs a lot more. I can go into much more detail if anyone wants.

Archived