How Many People Have Linked Their Bookings to Dine w/ CCrs on Board?

When we sailed AOS in 04 the group of us that had been conversing via meet and mingle linked booking numbers and got a table for 12 or so.

I see many questions about tablemates and many concerns from people about potential problems and was wondering how many other people have linked or thought about linking with fellow ccr's.

We had a blast sitting together.

When we sailed AOS in 04 the group of us that had been conversing via meet and mingle linked booking numbers and got a table for 12 or so.

I see many questions about table mates and many concerns from people about potential problems and was wondering how many other people have linked or thought about linking with fellow ccr's.

We had a blast sitting together.

We linked with others from our Brilliance Roll Call in 2003. We had been chatting with each other for months and decided to eat together. It worked out really well. We had a great table, a great time and I still chat with them on here. Nicer table mates would be hard to find. "Hi Carrie, Keith, Donna and Bonnie". ;)

I have done it. We had a BIG group on the Voyager and we wound up and several tables close together. The table we were at was for twelve. We had a BLAST.

Another time we had a get together when we boarded with the CC group that was chatting and found out we were seated with fellow CCers by chance. Turned out okay except for one couple (non-CCers) who were a bit difficult and got on your nerves after a couple days.

One other time we linked reservations with another CC couple and it worked out okay. I was traveling with a couple who are a bit "difficult" at times. They didn't hit it off as well as I would have liked with the CCers we linked with. It kinda put me in the middle. Now when we travel with them it's just the four of us for dinner. :( It's too bad cause we would have all have had a lot more fun if I really thought it through before linking the reservations. I could have met my CC buddies and hung out when we were "on our own". Oh well, live and learn. We still had fun at dinner, it was just a bit strained at times.

We've linked our reservation with another CCer for our upcoming Sept 20th Cruise. We've also made plans to tour with the same couple. And about 26 of us (as of last count) are meeting for dinner the night before the cruise. It's so much fun meeting and developing new friendships especially if you are a couple traveling alone. So much more fun on a cruise if you can share your daily experiences with new friends.

Debordo

We did do this also, on our Freedom Inaugural cruise, we had several couples we had requested be seated near each other, there were too many for one table.

RCI had most of us at one table, however, there were couples that they did not seat with us, or near us!

It worked out OK, but it would have been nicer if the other couples were at least at tables in close proximity to us.

Just remember, it is a "request" and not a guarantee that you will be seated together. I think for the most part, however, RCI does their best to accomodate these requests.

Good Luck and have fun!

On our Dec. 2003 cruise RCCL did a POOR job of assigning tables. We had a table back in an overflow room and our tablemates were twice our age and were very bitter people who complained all evening and even got into a heated argument amongst themselves and they barely acknowledged us ( can you say rude).

After dinner the 1st night we met up with 3 other CC's and they joined my 2 brothers and myself at a new table in a great location for the rest of the cruise and we had a BLAST together.

So we have been VERY fortunate both times we sat with fellow CC members and I would highly recommend doing this as it takes some of the ????'s on who your table mates might be.

Archived