? FAX number to request foam pad

TorontoTL

I would just wonder if these requests actually get done as opposed to asking for one once you get on board. As anyone had any experience with faxing Princess and having the egg crate on your bed when you got to your cabin without asking the room steward for one.

Have a great next cruise.

I was not aware that you could do this...can anyone request ahead by fax?? Does it really make a difference as I know most say they just request it when they get on board??

We requested ours by fax ahead of time and it was on the bed when we arrived. It was very convenient.

wow, this is neat. one less thing to race around and do once onboard :D .

anyone know how far in advance you can do this? Is it better to wait for the week before? just wondering.

thanks!

I don't remember exactly how far in advance we did this but it was right around the time we received our pre-cruise docs. I ended up faxing them ahead of time, because I called Princess to inquire about requesting it, and the CSR suggested that I fax my request and gave me the number.

If you request a egg crate in advance do they apply a charge to your account. Just read the thread about nickel and diming you to death.

Thanks in advance for the info

Mary

Nope. No charge on our account.:)

We faxed ahead on our last cruise, and there was no eggcrate when we boarded. We didn't have any trouble asking for one, though. The steward asked if we minded waiting until evening turndown, and of course, we didn't. When we came back from dinner it was there........... :)

cbpanda- Did you receive any kind of confirmation when you faxed in your request for the egg crate? I faxed in my request in June but we don't sail until June 2007. I was told by Princess to fax in my request early.

Thanks, Karen

Dawn Princess-Alaska, June 20, 2007-Our First Cruise!

We FAXed ahead on our last cruise in July and the egg crate matress pad was there when we got on board. It was one of the first things I checked for. There was no cost and no confirmation. So if it isn't there you just ask again. I guess it is one of those things that if it works great, if not, it was worth a try.

Marilee

Dear Crusnon, I've never had any issues with the mattresses on Princess, but I would assume it's a personal preference compared to the softness of your mattress at home. If you don't mind firm mattresses, you should be fine. If you like softer, I'd try the fax request - the egg crate will make a nice difference.

This is a question to those of you who have used the egg crates. When the bed is in the queen configuration, is it one solid egg crate, or two seperate strips? In other words, does it help to soften the "crack" between the two beds?

This is a question to those of you who have used the egg crates. When the bed is in the queen configuration' date=' is it one solid egg crate, or two seperate strips? In other words, does it help to soften the "crack" between the two beds?[/quote']

All of the ones we have had are a single large piece. The main reason we get it is to hold the two mattresses together. Now on the Sun Class, the matresses are pretty thin, so I think its a necessity there as well.

Just booked our first Princess cruise yesterday....

Geesh, are the beds on Princess that bad that you need a foam egg crate pad ????? (I know these are a MUST on Celebrity) This does not sound encouraging...

The most comfortable bed we ever had on a cruise. It was so padded by just the Duvet cover. The mattresses are thicker than those on Celebrity. I guess if you want added fluff thewy could be nice. I knew about them but once we were there I was going to ask but I didn't think we needed it and figured if everyone that comes on board asks for them what a pain. They will start charging. Supply and demand. Just like the Sanctuary was free atfirst and when it got so crowded they added the $15 charge. I also read where you can request feather pillows. I bring my own so I never have to worry.

Have fun!

On our last cruise, we faxed about 2 months ahead of leaving and requested egg-crate pad, feather pillows and robes in the room and everything was there when we arrived! Plan to do the same thing for our 2/2007 cruise; hope we have the same luck!

Archived