Would love to try to answer as many St.Maarten questions as possible...

from one leogirl to another,

thanks so much, you are so knowledgeable. are there any fabulous hotels, on the french side, where you can pay and use their facilities for the day? we would like someting a bit clamer than rouge, where many years ago, i was knocked down by a wave & almost lost my bathing suit.

thanks a lot & i look forward to hearing from you.

melody

I am looking for something unique/different to purchase as a keepsake for my young daughter. I would like a piece of jewelry in gold? Can you recommend a store with children's jewelry? Leaving Miami Saturday and will be in St. Marrten all day Wednesday. What's the weather like right now, I will also be horseback riding at Bayside stables (Tell me this was a good choice...)

Hi,

I would like to know the best catamaran/ship tours on st. martin.

do you know anything about Golden Eagle or Captain Morgan?

Which is better?

I like to snorkel but my husband does not. he likes to go on the beach and drink!

We will be on the Adventure of the Sease next February.

Thanks so much,

• 1 month later...

hello snoopy leogirl..! we will be in st maarteen in december & thought about renting a jeep. can you tell me the best place to do this? do you know anywhere that rents dunn buggies? do they drive on the same side of the road as we do in the US? thanks for all your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...I remember in an earlier post you stated that the ride from the cruise ship was about 30 minutes to Orient beach (lots to see along the way) but I was wondering if you had a more acurate idea of the cab/Taxi fare ? We have alocated funs for this purpose but want to make sure that we have budgeted enough. Thanks for your help Dancing Girl

Unfortunately, this will be our only day in your neighborhood. Are the shops etc. open on Sunday? As I don't swim, our beach time would be very limited. I'd like to say we could handle minimal hiking, but as we just climbed to the top of Diamond Head Crater in Hawai'i earlier this month, I guess we are not in too bad a condition...

Thank you; you are amazing for offering- and actually answering - so many questions! :)

Hello...I remember in an earlier post you stated that the ride from the cruise ship was about 30 minutes to Orient beach (lots to see along the way) but I was wondering if you had a more acurate idea of the cab/Taxi fare ? We have alocated funs for this purpose but want to make sure that we have budgeted enough. Thanks for your help Dancing Girl

Here is a link to taxi prices.

Hey Leogirl -- thanks for your invitation to ask questions, which I gratefully accept.

My 17 y/o daughter and I will be in St. Maarten for one day on the Caribbean Princess in March. This will be her last high school vacation before moving out for college, and it's just the two of us. She is very athletic and, while I'm not in as good a shape as I once was, I can keep up with her on most anything. She's definitely not a shopper type -- really more outdoorsy -- and, of course, she loves the water (although we are not SCUBA certified).

Can you give us any recommendations for "active" activities for a single day?

Thanks so much for your kind help.

Are to Regatta boats still there?? According to all of the web sites I've looked at they are now in Nassau Thanks

noopy_leogirl]Fire away. I have been living in St.Maarten for 21 years and know the place pretty well. I will try to help as much as possible, because even though I know a lot, I don't know everything. ;)

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I would like to know the best catamaran/ship tours on st. martin.

do you know anything about Golden Eagle or Captain Morgan?

Which is better?

I like to snorkel but my husband does not. he likes to go on the beach and drink!

We will be on the Adventure of the Sease next February.

Thanks so much,

By chance did you do one of these? If so, please let me know your likes & dislikes. Thanks so much!

Hi guys, I received several questions from people about St Maarten, I have not been there yet myself. Am going in May on Victory. I was asking about the Americas cup racing ships you can go on. I don;t know anything about it myself. Sorry

Baseball16

Hi guys, I received several questions from people about St Maarten, I have not been there yet myself. Am going in May on Victory. I was asking about the Americas cup racing ships you can go on. I don;t know anything about it myself. Sorry

Baseball16

We loved the Regatta. We got to sail the Stars and Stripes and beat True North. They have a job for everyone from grinder, to winch wench, to time-keeper to bar-keeper! This is a great excursion!

I have some pictures in my signature if you'd like to take a look.

Hi, Will be in St Martin on 4/18. We plan on taking a bus from Philip...to Margot. Then take a bus from Margot to Maho Beach and then take a bus from Maho Beach(about 2:30 to go back to Philip... Could you tell me how long it will take to go from Philip... to Margot at about 10:00 AM. Thank you for the information. Do our plans seem do-able ?

Take care, Frank

Has anyone gone on the Carnival power snorkeling excursion? If so, would you recommend it, and is the actual snorkeling better here, as far as what you can see, compared to other places on St. Martin? And, what do you do with all your things such as towels etc. when you ride the banana boat over to Caye Verte from Orient beach?

Thanks for any information you may have!

What is the best way to get to Orient Beach? If taxi, how much from the pier? We are a party of 4 and one of our party wants to go parasailing. Is there a phone number we need to call to reserve for the am? Price?

Thanks for taking your spare time to help everyone.

Stefani

I am on a cruise in April. In St. Maarten, I want to take a bus from Philipsburg to Marigot and later a taxi to Orient Beach. I also want to visit Pic Paradis if possible. Does a bus run there from Marigot or do I need a taxi? How long would the detour to Pic Paradis take? If you can take a bus to Pic Paradis can you get a bus from there to Grand Case. I could then catch a taxi to Orient Beach from Grand Case.

Archived