Wrinkled Clothes

nycruiser1975

Can you bring a travel iron or do you recomment a steamer or wrinkle release. I plan on iroing clothes a much as possible before I pack. Please help

are there irons in the laundry rooms on some of the ships (jewel)

I know that there is on Princess ships and they are on timers.

The couple times on ships we've had something that could use a touch up, we just turned the shower on hot for a few minutes, put the garment on a hanger, turned off the water, and hang the garment on the retractable clothes line in the shower. The few wrinkles just fall out.

A glass of wine on the balcony is about the right length of time to leave them hanging in the shower. This is called vacation ironing.

Whatever you decide, don't bring an iron with you. Whereas NCL's doesn't specifically ban them, many cruise lines do, as they are considered fire hazards.

The ships with self service laundries have irons in them which you can use. It's safer because there are more fire suppression capability in them than in your cabin. The ships in service today with self service laundries and irons are the Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jewel, and Pride of Hawaii. I would guess the Norwegain Pearl and Norwegian Gem will too.

If you're sailing on another NCL or NCLA ship, you can have your clothes pressed for a nominal charge at the ship's laundry, or use a steamer or wrinkly free spray in your cabin.

Can you bring a travel iron or do you recomment a steamer or wrinkle release. I plan on iroing clothes a much as possible before I pack. Please help

Pack your clothes in plastic bags (a tall kitchen bag works well for mine). I pack two to three items per bag, roll things (vs fold) whenever possible. And put dress shirts on hangers (and in plastic). Your clothes will arrive nearly wrinkle free. (But I still recommend the wine on the balcony :D )

Hi,

I brought the spray "Downy's Wrinkle Release". It works miracles and doesn't harm the fabric. One of the best discoveries yet.

Connie

Downy Wrinkle Releaser is an easy-to-use spray that reduces wrinkles

from

http://www.downy.com/en_US/products/wrinklereleaser.jsp

Please release me, let me go…. Promise falls flat & wrinkled.

from

http://www99.epinions.com/content_145905782404

I was going to bring my steamer but now I think I'll just go with the wine on the balcony idea.:D

Wish I'd thought of that when I was in the Navy. I'm sure my ship's captain would have really appreciated it and encouraged us to do so. :D

Instead of buying some product, just buy a cheap spray bottle and spray your clothes with water. Hang up and let dry (or throw them on and let them dry, if in a hurry!). I do this all the time - not just on vacation. I hate to iron.

Instead of buying some product, just buy a cheap spray bottle and spray your clothes with water. Hang up and let dry (or throw them on and let them dry, if in a hurry!). I do this all the time - not just on vacation. I hate to iron.

I hate ironing too and use this to get wrinkles out of shirts and pants sometimes :):cool:

The Jewel has irons, ironing boards and washing machines. I know they have them on the 9th and 10th decks. The 9th floor one is opposite 9088. I had an iron in the room and the steward confiscated it from me . I was supposed to pick it up on hte way out, but never did. (Thye are probably using it onthe ship now!) We did have a steamer though..which we mad sure to put away every night, after losing the iron.

I was in the Gator Navy

Forrestal was decommissioned 11 September 1993 at Pier 6E in Philadelphia

Yeah, it seems like every ship I was on is now scrapped or otherwise decommissioned. Good thing too, because we are both relics! After the Forrestal I went to COMPHIBLANT--my other ships were his flagships; the 3-star liked to move around, on and off ships to shore, on other ships. I saw a lot of APAs--the Chilton was in the Atlantic during my time.

It would be nice to see a Navy ship on our upcoming NCL Sun cruise through the Panama Canal.

Archived