main lower dining?

fcorey

When I made our reservations on Oosterdam I had asked for a upper later dining. My docs say main lower, if I remember correctly Oosterdam has a strange dining situation where there are time frames for each seating. What would be the time frame for our MAIN LOWER that we have been assigned. I dont really mind the difference I'm pretty flexible on this, also I apologize for such a noob question but having some issues searching, thanks :)

If you are going to Mexico the "leisure dining" for the first seating is 5:45 - 6:15 p.m and for the main seating it is usually between 8 and 9 p.m. They have a shorter seating time for the first seating because of the need to clean up for the main seating.

Basicly, what duck tune is saying is that you just lucked out---by getting leisure dining it doesn't matter if you have upper or lower---you can arrive any ol' time you want within the window of opportunity.

'course, it helps a lot if everyone at the table agrees to arrive at the same time on any given night, but ya can't have everything.

duck tune and Ruthc, thanks, I was sort of confused, for some reason I wasthinking MAIN was the earlier seating. I didnt really care if it was upper or lower, we dont have any children going with us so a later dinner isnt a problem, thanks

Basicly, what duck tune is saying is that you just lucked out---by getting leisure dining it doesn't matter if you have upper or lower---you can arrive any ol' time you want within the window of opportunity.

'course, it helps a lot if everyone at the table agrees to arrive at the same time on any given night, but ya can't have everything.

Okay, so what you are saying is that if you choose early lower you can come as late as 6:15?

Thanks, Jill

Okay, so what you are saying is that if you choose early lower you can come as late as 6:15?

Thanks, Jill

Yes, I guess I am, even though I was addressing main sitting in my post.

But early/lower was 6:15 anyway. On leisure dining it means that early/lower may arrive as early as 5:45. The "window" is the same for both levels. It's almost a return to the two sittings concept.

I just found my Daily Program from our March Mexico Cruise on the Oosterdam and on the back page it says: "Early Seating dinner arrive at your leisure between 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. doors close promptly at 6:00 p.m.". "Late seating dinner arrive at your leisure between 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. doors close promptly at 9:00 p.m." I apologize for being off 15 minutes but I think I read in another post that the "O" Alaska schedule was slightly different. They will tell you for sure once you get on board but having been and at the first seating they did close the doors at 6 and no one was allowed in after that. DH and I had a table for 2 but we observed the larger tables all arriving pretty close to the same time. Not sure what happened at the late seating. We liked it because we didn't have to stand in a long line which I've never understood anyway - everyone has a table assigned so you aren't going to lose a seat!

Does this flexible arrival time for dinner also apply to the Westerdam?

No, at least as of yesterday it doesn't. It started as an "experiment" on the Oosterdam a few months ago and has recently been extended to the Noordam.

No, at least as of yesterday it doesn't. It started as an "experiment" on the Oosterdam a few months ago and has recently been extended to the Noordam.

What Ruth stated is almost exactly what the little insert in the docs said... :)

What Ruth stated is almost exactly what the little insert in the docs said... :)

Really?

Think I could get a job writing HAL brochures?:confused: Would make for a nice little post-retirement $$$-maker.:) Maybe could even get an employee discount on cruises!:D

Really?

Think I could get a job writing HAL brochures?:confused: Would make for a nice little post-retirement $$$-maker.:) Maybe could even get an employee discount on cruises!:D

LOL Ruth I was going to suggest just that :D

Archived