Frustration With NCL Registration and Customer Service..

LittleBrunette22

Seeing as this is my first cruise, I guess I should expect some anxiety. However, I am having a frustrating experience right now that is making my nerves worse!

I am due to sail this coming Sunday (9/10/06) on the Spirit out of NYC. I pre-registered myself AND my traveling partner well over a month ago online.

Yesterday I decide to print out the registration just to have with me for check-in. When I printed them out at home, I noticed that my address was completely wrong, and HIS address was as well. I couldnt figure out how this happened, and thought that I was very thorough when checking both reg's over before submitting them.

I try calling customer service that night. I am on old for two hours before my cell phone dies, and i get nowhere. I start to worry how much this is going to affect the embarkation process (again, im new at this guys so i have NO clue).

I finally, after an hour, get through to NCL customer service this afternoon. I have both addresses changed to the correct ones, and I am assured that everything is correct and that there shouldnt be a problem at check in.

Just now, I go to print out the registrations again. This time, HIS address is listed as MINE, and now, his registration is listed as IMCOMPLETE!!

I know I might be overacting, and just have a case of the first time sailing nerves, but here i sit ON HOLD for 20 minutes now, trying to fix this for the second time!! Arghh!!!

Tell me this aggravation is going to be worth it!

Anyone else ever experience problems with the online registration process?

LittleB

littleb,

I also had the same problem. We are sharing a cabin with my parents. They live in Florida we live in Georgia. It seems that whatever address is typed into that field last will then be applied to all passengers in that cabin, no matter what had been entered previously! I brought this to the attention of CS and was told not to worry about it, that it would be resolved at the pier - HA! Very slow registration, thanks to glitch. Good luck.

Guillermo

Guillermo--

Thank you for making me feel like im not crazy! :D

So this IS something that can be corrected at the dock? I was getting worried that they would just say "Nope, you can't go!"...hehe...

Im still on hold...its going on 40 minutes now...<sigh>. Im nauseaus and im not even on board yet... :(

LittleB

To the OP, not to worry. That glitch has been in NCL's online registration forever. I travel with someone who has a different address, too. As far as I can tell, there is no way to get both addresses to be accurate. I don't even try anymore. It won't make any difference when you check-in. As long as you have your cruise ticket and proper identification, you'll be fine.

The first time you complete your registration, print it out then.

For some reason, it changes (on its own) after that.

I have corrected mine (for 4 persons) several times.

I do have my print-outs from the first time.

Don't worry..you won't have a problem. Just be sure your documents are in order.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

ahh, the efficiency of NCL Customer NON Service. Put them on hold and maybe they will go away.

I do apologize, but I have to disagree.

I have a family member that works for NCL as a reservation and customer service agent, and I can tell you this much. A reservations agent cannot put a guest or travel agent on hold and hope they will "go away". Unless of course said agent wishes to lose his/her employment.

I cannot count the number of times my family member has come home extremely late, or been over an hour late to lunch because they are doing a job they love, which is helping people out.

In addition, perhaps there was an unusually long hold time which caused the delay in someone getting to your call....maybe something mundane, like, oh, say....a hurricane in Bermuda???

sorry if I was curt, I think sometimes people need to see both sides of the coin in order to get the facts...an opinion is just that, an opinion.

Customer service from NCL does suck. Your little Johnny may feel like they are trying to help but trust me..they do not staff enough and that comes through in staff behaviour. Major problem is with NCl systems. rathen than place people on terminal hold they could call you back...computer systems are there to do that. but NCL has problems with Canadian addresses not having zip codes so that is the level of their sophistication

Not sure how important the address real is. After all, if you travel with a passport, there is no address.

Hmmmmm

Meanwhile, the fact that they have your names in their computer should make you feel better. That is what REALLY matters.

Customer service from NCL does suck. Your little Johnny may feel like they are trying to help but trust me..they do not staff enough and that comes through in staff behaviour. Major problem is with NCl systems. rathen than place people on terminal hold they could call you back...computer systems are there to do that. but NCL has problems with Canadian addresses not having zip codes so that is the level of their sophistication

I'm sure staff behaviour has nothing at all to do with who is on the other end of the line. :rolleyes:

as for statement about the Canadian addresses, well, that's just silly. What in the world could your receiving poor customer service on the phone possibly have to do with your zip/postal code?

Relax, sweety....life is waaay too short.:D

My point was that NCL does not staff enough, has stupid computer systems and hangs their employees out to dry by making them answer too many phone calls and bind them to stupid rules. this comes out in employee behaviour. they are frustrated and being human take it out on the callers.

And this response and the other response shows a person's inpatient attitude toward others:cool:

I have not had problems with NCL when I have needed to call them. So does that cancel your complaint out?:D

Um, I've just had a bad experience too and don't know what to do.

We booked a guaranty cabin for January. I checked our registration form yesterday to find that they have assigned us a cabin FOUR months before sail date and they have given us the worst cabin on the ship. It has TWO walls on the medical centre right on the bottom level. This doesn't seem kosher to me. There are still other cabins available in all categories and certainly ones in our category better than what we have been given. What should we do?

Part of the deal with a GTY is that you will take ANY cabin in the level you book. If you can not live with that, you should not do a GTY.

If you are able to CANCEL, then do so and book over again. But, before you do that, make sure you are ready to book at the current price and cabin level.

Well ,we also wanted to book a category cc for our son(24) single use, outside cabin with picture window. We were told since he has single use they would only do a GTY. So now they have him in a porthole on the 4th floor,category j,

At the time when we booked, these cabins were much cheaper than the category we booked. Now the price is the same..

Somehow this is not quite correct, also there are free cabins with pictuere windows .:confused:

Well ,we also wanted to book a category cc for our son(24) single use, outside cabin with picture window. We were told since he has single use they would only do a GTY. So now they have him in a porthole on the 4th floor,category j,

At the time when we booked, these cabins were much cheaper than the category we booked. Now the price is the same..

Somehow this is not quite correct, also there are free cabins with pictuere windows .:confused:

Your cruise is still four months away!

It should seem obvious that NCL is still trying to keep those better cabins free for booking by those willing to fork up the cash for those higher cabin categories or booking specific cabins.

When you book with a GTY, you're basically saying you'll be happy with any cabin aboard the ship from that category, or up. If you're not, don't book a GTY. It's usually cheaper to book with a GTY. Also, prices for cabins change all the time, sometimes the fares drop and sometimes the fares rise.

Um, I've just had a bad experience too and don't know what to do.

We booked a guaranty cabin for January. I checked our registration form yesterday to find that they have assigned us a cabin FOUR months before sail date and they have given us the worst cabin on the ship. It has TWO walls on the medical centre right on the bottom level. This doesn't seem kosher to me. There are still other cabins available in all categories and certainly ones in our category better than what we have been given. What should we do?

Thats unfortunate! My sister has booked guarantee rooms several times and always upgraded to something better. I might suggest calling NCL and asking them if it will still change or if that room is definite, which my guess is that until you set sail, they can change your room again since its a GTY room. Just a thought.

Archived