Just home from Caribbean Princess!!! (aka Sausage Princess)

stoneharborlady

Just walked in the door and put the suitcases down, and before I unpack just had to tell you I am a Newbie no more! My gold circle pin was delivered to my cabin last night, along with my new gold circle card. It was the VERY BEST VACATION I HAVE EVER HAD. Loved every second of the cruise, the ship is unbelievable, and I am now dedicated to planning the next one. Did an open booking while onboard. Cant wait to do it again. We had a mini on Emerald deck (aft) and it was great. Will write more later, and will do my best to answer any questions asked. Just checked our rollcall for the July 3 cruise, and the final entry was from Graham Seymore himself. He is really a riot.

Awe, I'm so jealous! I was on that ship the week before you and I am really missing it! Be sure to write about everything!!

Did you meet Devonish, a bar waiter from Jamaica that works in Club Fusion?

Or Scott, the Production Manager from Club Fusion?

Or Rob, the DJ in Skywalker's?

I can't wait to hear about your cruise!! That was by far our favorite that we've been on, I'm glad you had such a great time!

Glad to hear you had a great time. You didn't happen to find out when Graham Seymour is LEAVING the Caribbean Princess did you? Those of us sailing in the fall are getting pretty anxious to find out for sure. We keep hearing "the first part of October"... well, I sail 10/2 - so will he be on my cruise, or leave after it? :eek:

TL

Well...it appears that Graham himself posted that he's leaving on September 18th so.....we'll miss him too. He said somebody named Tim Donavan will be taking over. Anybody know him....and how he'll be as a CD?? I was really looking forward to "meeting" Graham!!!

Well...it appears that Graham himself posted that he's leaving on September 18th so.....we'll miss him too. He said somebody named Tim Donavan will be taking over. Anybody know him....and how he'll be as a CD?? I was really looking forward to "meeting" Graham!!!

Went to the roll call and saw Graham's post too Kathi! What a bummer!! Oh well, maybe next cruise?!? Don't know Tim Donovan. Maybe someone else can give us some insight?

TL

Tim Donovan was on the Grand when we sailed her last year. We enjoyed him. He does a good job of maintaining visibility of himself and staff. Quite friendly and always a smile and hello. Good sense of humor. He is Tim Donovan and Not..Graham Seymour. They are unique unto themselves with different styles!

I agree with Missy -- we had Tim Donovan on the Grand last winter, and he was one of the best we've seen --- funny, energetic, friendly, and involved in everything around the ship. His wife, Lisa, is usually on staff with him. The AM TV shows are hysterical!! Admittedly, we've never sailed with Graham, but we've been on about a dozen cruises --- and Tim was one of our top 2 CDs.

Tim Donovan was on the Grand when we sailed her last year. We enjoyed him. He does a good job of maintaining visibility of himself and staff. Quite friendly and always a smile and hello. Good sense of humor. He is Tim Donovan and Not..Graham Seymour. They are unique unto themselves with different styles!

I must agree but Tim was the CD on the Dawn in 2002. Very nice guy!

Hi Stoneharborlady!

We were in Ft. Lauderdale over the July 4 weekend, and saw "our" ship in port. She was facing the 17th St. Causeway Bridge. Hubby and I had a good look at her front end because the bridge was up and we were opposite her.

After we'd gotten our room at the Nina Lee, we went back up by the Port area for some groceries for the refrigerator. While we were there we took a picture of the Caribbean Princess both alone, and with us "in front" of her--opposite side of the channel looking back. It was at a Water Taxi pick-up.

Later that afternoon, around 5PM, I scurried over to the Beach-really walked fast--to see you leave.The Celebrity was already out there. A few minutes later I heard the horn honking by the white condos (Point of the Americas) and out came the Zuiderdam. We were on her last year. Then some more honking and at 5:29 out came THE SHIP. I know I was at least a mile up the beach-behind the Yankee Clipper-but it seemed as if those ships were almost close enough to touch. I gave you a big smile as you went by! I watched as both ships went out 'til the Z made her jog to turn south. I will be aboard our ship on Sept. 18--the day that Graham leaves!!!! I've heard so much about him and saw his picture posted. I'll now look forward to Tim Donavan.

I will now anticipate reading your future posts about your trip. Lynne

Welcome Back!

I just went back and read the posts and see that you just got back YESTERDAY! I must have been a week ahead of myself. In any event there must have been SOMEONE I knew on that ship!! Well, at least I had the same experience and got to see her leave port and enter the ocean, which I wanted to do anyway. I always am up by the bridge of the Ship when we're coming in to port. It was nice to see her go out from the Beach.

I 'm still looking forward to your posts!! Lynne

Thank you Spongerob for not giving me the raspberries for me making myself look as if I've been laying in the sun too long. As soon as I was done posting the second time,and had gone out to the kitchen for lunch, I realized what I had done. Stoneharborlady, of course you left on July 3 and only got in yesterday. With that second posting, I feel like I changed my answer on a test to the wrong one, when the initial answer was correct. I guess I did have a "senior moment". I am now full, my brain is refreshed, I hope, and I will go on to doing my crossword puzzle.

Thank you Spongerob for not giving me the raspberries for me making myself look as if I've been laying in the sun too long. As soon as I was done posting the second time,and had gone out to the kitchen for lunch, I realized what I had done. Stoneharborlady, of course you left on July 3 and only got in yesterday. With that second posting, I feel like I changed my answer on a test to the wrong one, when the initial answer was correct. I guess I did have a "senior moment". I am now full, my brain is refreshed, I hope, and I will go on to doing my crossword puzzle. Lynne

:) We also had Tim Donovan on the Grand in January and I can honestly say it's the first time I paid attention to the CD AT ALL and we really enjoyed him and his antics! I'm glad we'll be able to experience Graham on our Sept cruise on the CP...keep the info and reviews coming, please! :D

We sail on 10/9 with two kids in tow, 5 and 7. We are also in a mini on the emerald 729, what room were you in?? Did ya love it. I have gotten so many great tips from these boards, I started writing them down on the princess brouchure. Any kids in your group??? Sheila(never cruised princess before)

Forgive me for the delay. I have been reading reviews from others who sailed with us, but to be honest, I have been having a real problem coming down from my vacation HIGH!!! I guess I looked forward to the trip for so long, I cant believe it was over so soon!!! Anyway, I am slowly getting back to normal, and have missed posting with you all.

To Verwirrt- Yes, I did laugh in Horizon Court every morning at the pans of sausage (which were delicious, and I ate more than my fair share) But I only saw links, which I prefer, no patties or English sausage

To Lynwar- Thanks for the wave, and I did wave back. Really enjoyed sailaway, and waving to the condo occupants.

To Teach21566- Our minisuite was E727. It was lovely, and only on one occasion did I hear, VERY faintly, some music. It was so faint it was not bothersome, and only lasted a short while. We loved the gentle rocking of our aft cabin, I miss it now. Our cabin steward, Gerardo, was wonderful and took very good care of us. The eggcrates I had faxed for in advance were on the beds, and he quickly found me a feather pillow, after a couple of nights of me fighting with the harder one that was on the bed. We did not have children with us.

We did not receive the robes I had asked for on the online checklist, but we did not ask for them again, as it was pretty hot on the balcony, and they really were not needed. No one could see us in our jammies.

Really loved meeting everyone from our rollcall. Notice was taken of all the red shirts worn at muster, and the Chili Pepper story was related to all present. We ran into dramamama and her good friend Jean several times during the week, also jemingway and his lovely wife Linda. Felt that we had many friends onboard, and that was really nice. Cruisers are a friendly bunch, and no one is shy, or slow to start a conversation.

There was a definite sewer odor, that we noticed several times, mostly near the pursers desk and tour desk, it was overpowering there. I felt badly for those who had to work in that area, as it was most unpleasant. We did not notice it anywhere else on the ship. Many others noticed it too, and we heard it being discussed in the elevators a few times. Dont know the cause, and Im guessing they are not having great success in fixing the problem, because it is still there.

We only used the aft pool, and the spa pool, and loved them both. One day the sea was choppy enough that they turned into wave pools, but gentle waves!! It was fun.

We had no problem with personal choice dining, and no wait as we agreed to join another party of four at our dining table. It kind of did make it more fun, and we just may do traditional dining next trip. Had the Love Boat Dream for dessert on lobster night, and it was delicious. Loved the Horizon Court buffet, and the Cafe Caribe. Saw plenty of shorts and bathing suits with cover ups here, breakfast, and lunch. Never saw bathing suits at dinner, but shorts, yes. We took pizza, and hamburgers up for Movies Under the Stars, and it was really relaxing. We saw Calendar Girls, and enjoyed it very much.

Loved the shows, and the cooking demo and galley tour. We went shopping on our own at St. Thomas, and took a cab for a few hours at Magens Bay, which we enjoyed very much. LOVED ORIENT Bay in St. Maarten, the water was warm, clear, and no one on this tour could get out of the water, it was so wonderful. We did see some of the infamous "nudes" parading up and down the beach. I think some of the men in the group were a bit disappointed, as there were no firm young girls strutting their stuff. All the nudes I saw were over 40, and probably would have looked better dressed!! Things start to sag after 40, a bathing suit helps keep things stable. A nice lunch was served at tables on the beach, and this was definitely a tour I would take again, as I love the beach. Princess Cays was spectacular! A gorgeous day on a perfect beach. The water was wonderful, the shops were nice, and I wished for another 2 or 3 hours to spend there.

Used the Internet Cafe everyday to email my daughter, and it was really very nice. A bargain at 35 cents a minute. There were also a few computers in the library, which was well supplied with books, and was a nice place to spend an hour. We did an onboard booking for another Princess cruise, which probably wont be next year, but the year after. I will savor the memories of this one till then.

The only difficult part of the trip was leaving the ship, as I didnt want to go. I dont remember reading any posts about claiming your luggage at the pier, which was a nightmare. I did have orange wraps on my suitcase handles, but not all the luggage was standing up. I will be prepared for that next time, may just paint my luggage yellow.

I am jealous of all who will still sail on this beautiful ship, hope you have as great a time as we did.

Welcome home!! We missed you, and I thought about the sausages all week. :eek: Glad you had a great time, and now that you are home, don't leave us. You are as much a part of this board as any of us, and you can't desert us now. We need your expertise for the newbies!!! :D

Thanks for writing all that wonderful news. We're down to about 63 days or so before ours and at the point where a manifesto of fellow cruisers is being prepared. Some have suggested joining threads to one single one, as another site has a roll call going as well. I'm not sure of the ethics, if any, but it would make things easier if we were all at one place!

I didn't want to get off my cruises,either. Now Sue can look forward to hers in January when she Won't have to get off. I am so envious!

Welcome home, and as Sue said, please stay with us.We have all become friends and appreciate all the input and "expertise" you have now! Lynne

Archived