Help W/ Airlines

JENMI

Hello everyone,

I have been fustrated with my airline. This is our first cruise, and my flight schedule has changed. They changed my departure flight out of Tampa to 10:00 am. THis means that I have to be at the airport by 8:30 - 9:00 at the latest, we disembark at 8:00 am. Ill never make it will I? THe next flight out is not until 8:00 pm. If I cant make the 10:00 am flight then what do I do with my bags and where can I go in Tampa to pass time until we can fly out at 8:00. Does carnival hold your bags for you? What do you suggest, where can I go? Thanks for the help.

Hello everyone,

I have been fustrated with my airline. This is our first cruise, and my flight schedule has changed. They changed my departure flight out of Tampa to 10:00 am. THis means that I have to be at the airport by 8:30 - 9:00 at the latest, we disembark at 8:00 am. Ill never make it will I? THe next flight out is not until 8:00 pm. If I cant make the 10:00 am flight then what do I do with my bags and where can I go in Tampa to pass time until we can fly out at 8:00. Does carnival hold your bags for you? What do you suggest, where can I go? Thanks for the help.

What was your original flight time?? I'd definitely try to change it... as for your bags, if you book a post cruise excursion I think they will hold your bags... or you can get a day rate at a hotel... good luck. You'll have to do self assist to try and make it... see if you can get the later flight.

Like others have said, call your airline and see if they will change it. That being said, I have heard that there is a place at Channelside (at the pier) that will hold your luggage while you hang around Tampa. You could see the aquarium which is right there and there are plenty of restaurants and shops right at Channelside. I don't know where you have to go (or if they even still do it) to have your luggage held but hopefully someone else who does know will read this and answer this. I think Serene56 might know.

The original flight time was 2:00 pm then it changed to 11:00 am which we were told we could make with a self assist. SO I wasnt worried, now they changed it to 10:00 am. SO Im pretty upset. So I have to find somethign to do for 10 hours. Im not familiar with the area, so I dont know of any hotels close by within walking distance to hold our bags. Does anyone know of a hotel nearby to hold our bags in the Tampa area by the port? I can call the airline and change the flight, Ill complain, maybe Ill get some type of voucher. Thanks for the replys so far.

The original flight time was 2:00 pm then it changed to 11:00 am which we were told we could make with a self assist. SO I wasnt worried, now they changed it to 10:00 am. SO Im pretty upset. So I have to find somethign to do for 10 hours. Im not familiar with the area, so I dont know of any hotels close by within walking distance to hold our bags. Does anyone know of a hotel nearby to hold our bags in the Tampa area by the port? I can call the airline and change the flight, Ill complain, maybe Ill get some type of voucher. Thanks for the replys so far.

Here's what we did... we rented a car, and headed to Clearwater, it's not that far... we kept our bags in the car, and spent the day at a great bar on the water. It was the pefect ending to the cruise!!!!

Here's what we did... we rented a car, and headed to Clearwater, it's not that far... we kept our bags in the car, and spent the day at a great bar on the water. It was the pefect ending to the cruise!!!!

Could you tell me where you rented your car from? Did they drop the car off to you at the port or did you have to make your way to the airport?

Could you tell me where you rented your car from? Did they drop the car off to you at the port or did you have to make your way to the airport?

The other couple we were with had the rental car, but we went to the airport to get it... the airport is close by. I'm sure there are rental cars that will come to the port and drop the car off (try Enterprise)... We dropped the car off at the airport at the end of the day...

The last time I cruised from Tampa they had facilities to hold your luggage at the port until 4 pm. The aquarium is right next door and they will also hold your luggage for you. There are restaurants, shops, bars and a movie theater right along the pier if you just want to hang out there for the day. Depending on what time you get off the ship, Busch Gardens will also hold your luggage for you at guest relations.

Same thing has happened to us. I booked a 12:55 flight thinking we would have plenty of time to make it to the airport. Airtran changed our flight time to 11:07 and we are hoping we can make it. Should we self assist when we get off the ship? Airtran did say if we don't make the flight we can catch the one at 2:00 if there are any seats available. They did not even let us know they changed the time, I found out when I was looking for another trip.

Archived