Table for Two on Legend

jeanscruise

Our most recent cruise was May, 2005 on the Conquest (loved it). We had a great table for dinner with three other couples. But we noticed many tables for two left vacant. Not that we don't love our fellow cruisers, but we'd love to try a table for two on our next cruise. Our TA told us to go to the restaurant immediately upon embarkation and request it, and we're fine with doing it that way.

I'm curious, though, have any of you requested a table for two? How did you go about it?

We'll be on Legend's 11/24 cruise to St Maarten, Barbados, and Martinique. Looking forward to it! Jean:)

Our most recent cruise was May, 2005 on the Conquest (loved it). We had a great table for dinner with three other couples. But we noticed many tables for two left vacant. Not that we don't love our fellow cruisers, but we'd love to try a table for two on our next cruise. Our TA told us to go to the restaurant immediately upon embarkation and request it, and we're fine with doing it that way.

I'm curious, though, have any of you requested a table for two? How did you go about it?

We'll be on Legend's 11/24 cruise to St Maarten, Barbados, and Martinique. Looking forward to it! Jean:)

Just go to the dining room when you board the ship--we do that the first thing- and request it. We did it with no problem last Dec on the Legend.

We have not been on the Legend, however, on the Pride (sister ship) in March I was a lot of tables for 2. However, they are "in the aisle" ( if that makes sense). I did not see any tables for two that were "out of the flow of traffic". Just a heads up...

We have not been on the Legend, however, on the Pride (sister ship) in March I was a lot of tables for 2. However, they are "in the aisle" ( if that makes sense). I did not see any tables for two that were "out of the flow of traffic". Just a heads up...

I guess that was true of our table, though we were seated in such a way that the traffic was to our sides, rather than to one of our backs (if that makes sense). In other words, our chairs weren't in any danger of being bumped by passersby.

We had meant to go and request a two-top as soon as we boarded, but we got sidetracked making Golden Fleece reservations and forgot about the dining room until about 2pm. At that point, the Maitre D' had no more two-tops available for the time being:( , but said there was a 90-95% chance he'd be able to get us one for the next night onward. Later that night, we got a note in our cabin with our table reassignment.:)

The WORST problem (location) we ever experienced with a two topper was on the inaugural cruise of the Glory. We had a two topper on the lower level (AFT) of the Platinum dining room. There were servers swishing by on our right and left sides. We spent most of the evening bobbing our heads to and fro... NOT an enjoyable atmosphere. If they have not changed that, THEY SHOULD!! I included that point in a letter to CCL shortly after the cruise.

Tom

We just got off the Legend a couple of days ago. Since this was our first cruise alone since our honeymoon we wanted a table for two. First thing we did when we boarded was head straight to the dining room and request a table for two. We were told that the change would be made the second night. We ended up sitting at a table for 5 with just us assigned to that table. Our table shared a bench seat with a 4 top to our left and a 4 top to our right. We noticed an absolutely perfect two top that went unused for the week. Right next to a huge window, no other table near by. Problem with having only 2 seated at a table for 5 is you may have to fend off imposing diners who feel they can invite themselves to your table because their tablemates didn't show up that evening. Of course it will never be the polite, nice couple to one side of you, but the obnoxious piss & moan about everything and everybody loud enough so everyone can hear couple from your other side. Just a hypothetical possibility of course.

Archived