Zaandam itinerary - first to Mexico?

Preacher's Kid

I love the longer Mexican cruises - I never feel as if I've had a vacation if it's only one week long - I really like 12-14 days, but I can't always find those. I've got a 13-day Alaskan cruise coming up next May which I'm looking forward to. My 15-year old told me that he wants to go to the Galapagos Islands for his graduation cruise. I told him he'd better start saving up his money.

I've done one 7-day Caribbean cruise, and was terribly disappointed - I had a wonderful time, but had to come home too soon. Flying out from Cali for a 7-day cruise and then home again was just not enough vacation. Sooooo, next time I do a Caribbean cruise, I think I'll do a B2B.

I'm looking forward to doing the Zaandam to Mexico this fall. Only 29 days til we go!

Karenlynne

No ... it is NOT the Zaandam's first cruise to Mexico.

For one thing, the Zaandam has been to the West Coast of Mexico on many occasions. For instance, on her Panama Canal Repositioning cruises she stops in many Mexican and Central American ports along the way (going and/or coming). In 2004 we went from Vancouver to Port Canaveral, Fl., and on this cruise the Mexican Ports we stopped at were: Cabo San Lucas, Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, and Santa Cruz Huatulco.

And, THIS year, she does a 4-day cruise from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas and back just prior to the cruise to Hawaii.

I believe that the OP is talking about the Zaandam doing the Sea of Cortez/Mexican Riviera cruise.

We all know that the Zaandam has stopped at some of the Mexican ports on various repositioning cruises.

But this will be the first time that the Zaandam goes to Topolobampo, Loreto and Pichilinque.

I could be wrong but I think Ryndam is the only ship that has done the Sea of Cortez. That itinerary hasn't been around that long. That's the beauty of going there, nothing like Cabo, PV and Mazatlan (yet)

I believe that the OP is talking about the Zaandam doing the Sea of Cortez/Mexican Riviera cruise.

We all know that the Zaandam has stopped at some of the Mexican ports on various repositioning cruises.

But this will be the first time that the Zaandam goes to Topolobampo, Loreto and Pichilinque.

The Zaandam isn't doing the Sea of Cortez. Its stopping at some additional Mexican Riviera ports in the course of its 10 day cruises.

The Ryndam has the 10 day Sea of Cortez/ Mex Riviera itinerary.

And, THIS year, she does a 4-day cruise from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas and back just prior to the cruise to Hawaii.

Revneal,

Where did you find that 4-day?.....I am having trouble locating it.

The Zaandam isn't doing the Sea of Cortez. Its stopping at some additional Mexican Riviera ports in the course of its 10 day cruises.

The Ryndam has the 10 day Sea of Cortez/ Mex Riviera itinerary.

Yes, that certainly is news to a bunch of us since we have tickets that clearly say that our cruise aboard the Zaandam (October 22, 2006) includes the Sea of Cortez.

The Ryndam won't be back in San Diego until next year when she will be doing the Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez cruises and a Panama Canal cruise (I'm already booked on that one). The Oosterdam will continue to do the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises and it looks as though the Zaandam will be doing mainly the Hawaii cruises.

Valerie:)

Yes, that certainly is news to a bunch of us since we have tickets that clearly say that our cruise aboard the Zaandam (October 22, 2006) includes the Sea of Cortez.

Valerie:)

Yikes Valerie,

I was looking at the Mariner magazine for next years cruises and the Zaandam is not doing the Sea of Cortez then.....Didn't check this years.

Hope I didn't scare you and desertdogs...LOL

Oh! :eek:

I'm sorry! I didn't read sufficiently between the lines! :rolleyes: ;)

She asked: "Does anyone know if this is Zaandam's first cruise to Mexico?"

I shouldn't have been so literal. :D

Revneal,

Where did you find that 4-day?.....I am having trouble locating it.

Certainly.

It's a "filler cruise" and it's not on HAL's website.

You can find it referenced on cruisecal.com's Zaandam Port Calendar:

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx?tabid=302

Note: She departs Vancouver on September 30 for San Diego, arriving on October 3. Then, she's at sea on Wednesday Oct. 4, in Cabo San Lucas on Thursday Oct 5, at sea on Friday Oct 6, and back in San Diego on Sat Oct 7 to pick up the members of "The Voyage of the Spammed" for our cruise to Hawaii!!!! :D

Certainly.

It's a "filler cruise" and it's not on HAL's website.

You can find it referenced on cruisecal.com's Zaandam Port Calendar:

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/default.aspx?tabid=302

Note: She departs Vancouver on September 30 for San Diego, arriving on October 3. Then, she's at sea on Wednesday Oct. 4, in Cabo San Lucas on Thursday Oct 5, at sea on Friday Oct 6, and back in San Diego on Sat Oct 7 to pick up the members of "The Voyage of the Spammed" for our cruise to Hawaii!!!! :D

True, cruises like that aren't always on the website.....but I couldn't find it on an online website and I usually can find those types there. Did you see it available for booking on any site?

Now that you have given the dates , I can check it out.....thanks.:)

True, cruises like that aren't always on the website.....but I couldn't find it on an online website and I usually can find those types there. Did you see it available for booking on any site?

Now that you have given the dates , I can check it out.....thanks.:)

I didn't see it listed anywhere for booking ... it was found when looking to see what the Zaandam was doing just prior to "The Voyage of the Spammed."

I didn't see it listed anywhere for booking ... it was found when looking to see what the Zaandam was doing just prior to "The Voyage of the Spammed."

OK.....it sure has me curious now. Just can't seem to find it anywhere.

Think I will call HAL.......although not sure a res. agent would know....LOL

Archived