Welcome home Creeky

suey

Hi all from R630 cruise. Woke up early yesterday and went to watch you come in. The cruise cam was still not fixed. Had been out for days so couldn't follow you. Waited to see Star take off yesterday. Cam still wasn't fixed. Bad P&O. Anyway , how was it on board? Please do reviews and photos please when you can. Will you all cruise again? Suexxx

Hi Suey - Sorry i did not answer this message earlier - but i have been busy since we arrived home - anyway we had a great time - it was hard not to compare ships when we first boarded ( Sapphire and Star ) but we did laugh at a few of the things that were different and than we set of to enjoy our cruise and we did have a lot of fun - we had no problems at the new Terminal - we arrived at 8:50 am checked bags in (no que) boarded the ship at 11 am - no problems going through customs - everything was quite quick - a lot of people that boarded after us were held up for quite a while - so book your bags in early and just sit around and relax untill they call your number about 11am - you are given a number when you book your bags in and they call numbers about 100 at a time - everything runs smooth at first but after a while things start to back up

The weather was not the best most of the trip and we did not go to Port Douglas (stayed 2 days in Cairns and they used buses to transport people to Port Douglas) - We did have a great time and we did enjoy cruising on the Pacific Star - but as Cheryl says - It did not have the WOW!! feeling like the Sapphire and that she thinks she is a Princess Girl

Have a Great Cruise Suey

Peter & Cheryl

The weather was not the best most of the trip and we did not go to Port Douglas (stayed 2 days in Cairns and they used buses to transport people to Port Douglas)

what was the reason that you didnt get to Port Douglas? sorry but i am just a bit curious.

and how where the Whitsundays?

In my opinion Star-Man, The Whitsundays would have to be about the best place in the world.

Karen

Do you touch down in Airlie Beach at the Whitsundays?

I love Hamilton Island and we wanna see if we have enough time to get to Shute Harbour and ferry it across to Hamilton for a few hours.

Anyone done this? U think there will be time?

Do you touch down in Airlie Beach at the Whitsundays?

I love Hamilton Island and we wanna see if we have enough time to get to Shute Harbour and ferry it across to Hamilton for a few hours.

Anyone done this? U think there will be time?

Unfortunately I haven't been to The Whitsundays on a P&O cruise so I can't answer that for you but I'm sure someone else can. I've been there on holidays staying at Airlie Beach & Daydream Island. On my Fairstar cruise (when it was still under Sitmar) we stopped there but you only got off the ship if you had booked a tour.

Karen

Great to hear that you enjoyed your cruise, who were your entertainers and cruise directors? Only two more 'big sleeps' to go for us!:)

Hi Suey - The Cruise director was Micheal Whitmore and they just promoted the Canadian drummer (Troy) to be his assistant and as a cruise director i think Troy made a good drummer?

The Entertainers were - Lauren,Treva,Jessica,David,Laura,Luke,Jason,Olivia and Vocals were Amanda Webb & Ross Burford - The Band was MUZZIK UNLIMITED and the shows were - Love the Night Life , Shake Rattle and Roll , Dance , G'Day G'Day

Peter & Cheryl

what was the reason that you didnt get to Port Douglas? sorry but i am just a bit curious.

and how where the Whitsundays?

Hi Star-Man - The main reason the ship did not go to Port Douglas was the wind - The Captain said that because we have to anchor in open seas at Port Douglas with no protection and rough seas that it would be better for the comfort and safety of the passengers to stay tied up at the Cairns Wharf - They did supply Buses and a Catamaran to transport passengers to Port Douglas ( We stayed in Cairns as we were in Port Douglas in 2004 and done the Barrier Reef and other tours back then)

The Whitsundays are very nice (really nice to be on board as the ship sails into the Whitsundays at Sunrise) they anchor the ship a long way from shore and tender you to Airlie Beach

Peter & Cheryl

The Whitsundays are very nice (really nice to be on board as the ship sails into the Whitsundays at Sunrise) they anchor the ship a long way from shore and tender you to Airlie Beach

Peter & Cheryl

Hi Creeky,

How long were u docked at the Whitsundays for?

Did anyone on your cruise from Airlie Beach catch a ferry over to Hamilton Island? I really really wanna do this when we go, Hamilton Island is like another world for me :)

Hi , I think you would have to go from the yacht club (where the tenders bring you in) at Airlie, and go to Shute Harbour to get to Hamilton Island.

remember, if you go , be back on board in time,because unless you are on P&O organised tours the ship will not wait.

regards :)

Thanks Creeky.

I hope that we make to Port Douglas when i go. I really want to check out some of the fine looking resturants that i have seen on TV from up there. :cool:

Sam, if you've been to Noosa, Port Douglas is pretty much the same. About the only thing going for it is the beach, and it's proximity to the Daintree.

Kym

Hi Creeky,

How long were u docked at the Whitsundays for?

Did anyone on your cruise from Airlie Beach catch a ferry over to Hamilton Island? I really really wanna do this when we go, Hamilton Island is like another world for me :)

Hi krazy1 - Whitsundays 7am-4pm - most people that were not on a ship tour caught a bus from Airlie Beach to Shute Harbour and caught a Ferry to Hamilton island - just make sure you leave early enough to get back on the ship or they will leave you there

Peter & Cheryl

if they did leave you there, would you then be able to make your own way to cairns and then get back on the ship there?

just a hypothetical

Yes you can - as Aussiedisneyfan said - you have to find and pay for your own transport to the next port

Peter & Cheryl

Hi krazy1 - Whitsundays 7am-4pm - most people that were not on a ship tour caught a bus from Airlie Beach to Shute Harbour and caught a Ferry to Hamilton island - just make sure you leave early enough to get back on the ship or they will leave you there

Peter & Cheryl

Is there as part of P&O, actual shore tours on this particular Tropical QLD cruise that go to Hamilton Island?

If so, then this would definitely be a good option bcoz it wouldnt leave us behind and we would forget that time flies while driving around on them cool golf buggies on Hamilton!

This is the link to the timetables for ferries from Shute Harbour and Hamilton and etc:

http://www.fantasea.com.au/ferries.htm

Archived