World Club

spinnaker

Excuse my ignorance, but as we are going on a world cruise - does this mean that we shall become platinum card holders at the end of it?

Yes, if the rules have not changed, every cruise of 48 days or more makes you a platinum member.

Annette,

Who did you email? What was the address please?

Thanks,

Matt

Initially I filled out the form on the Cunard UK web site. However, since I've had replies I've simply emailed them direct - UK.Guest@cunard.co.uk and quoted my CWC number. Actually, thinking back, I didn't know this to start with as I had lost the letters, so I emailed them to ask for it.... Now I am remembering more times that I have emailed them (they will be emailing me asking if they can help me every time I book a cruise before long) :D

I assume that you are in the UK?

Thanks Annette - yes, I am in the UK so I will try this email address. The only other address I have is for Sue West (WC) and I must say she has been wonderful in helping me, and my family, re WC membership details etc.. so I look forward to having a general Cunard email address to try re. other areas!!

Thanks again,

Matt

I will be interested to hear how the responses you receive compare with the help you have received directly from Sue West.

I have emailed the world club a few times over the past few months, and have had the pleasure to be called back by Sue West, usually the next day, Dont know if she makes a habbit of calling members?

Now if only the upgrade fairy would get in touch:rolleyes:

Cheers

Myles

20 sleeps to go!!!!:eek:

I have emailed the world club a few times over the past few months, and have had the pleasure to be called back by Sue West, usually the next day, Dont know if she makes a habbit of calling members?

Now if only the upgrade fairy would get in touch:rolleyes:

Cheers

Myles

20 sleeps to go!!!!:eek:

Wow, you were actually called back? I usually receive an email reply from a 'Rachel Laming'.

I must confess to dropping a bit of a hint about upgrades in my recent email too, not sure if it will make any difference though :rolleyes:

Are you supposed to get a card with your WC no. on it? Never had one, must email them. Also not had any docs yet. Out TA is insistant that you no longer need to send the usual booking form anymore. Must check that too.

If you don't need to send the guest form, why is it printed across the top that they must receive it at least 6 weeks before you sail? I would double check on that. Also, I understand docs are sent out 45 days before the cruise. :D

Are you supposed to get a card with your WC no. on it?

Cunard did send them out a long time ago (think in years rather than months!); they promised new cards to give the new WC numbers (again think in years); we're all still waiting!

Also not had any docs yet.

Cunard send details of the tours about 60 days and your tickets about 14 days before you sail.

Out TA is insistent that you no longer need to send the usual booking form anymore.

She's right. You don't even need to send in the pre-cruise details now, they can be done online.

I just received in the mail from Cunard my World Club Platinum card.

It was quite a surprise, as I don't think I know anyone who's ever actually had a card.

This one arrived several months after I phoned Cunard to confirm my most recent World Club number, when the receptionist told me that the cards with the new numbers are being sent out. That was the first time I ever heard mention of a World Club card.

The form letter accompanying the card (and Cunard World Club baggage tag) explained that I would receive my platinum World Club pin on my eighth voyage. Funny, as I didn't receive one my eighth voyage a few years ago, or on the ninth, or tenth...

I've never had a gold or a silver one either.

The letter explained all the usual World Club benefits that we are all familiar with.

It's nice to have a card, even though when queuing up in the Platinum line for check-in nobody has ever asked for it.

I just received in the mail from Cunard my World Club Platinum card.

Cunard must have had a mass mailing of World Club Platinum cards. I just recieved mine yesterday too. Now I can't wait to put it to use!

Cunard must have had a mass mailing of World Club Platinum cards.

How true. We just received ours today. We're glad they finally decided to count round trip transatlantics with a week or two in between as being two voyages.

See you at the Senior Officers' Party then?

• 5 weeks later...

I called Cunard because the World Club number on my cruise documents did not match the number on my gold World Club card. They explained that they had a new system and had transfered my old number to the new number.

However, they didn't have my 5 previous cruises with Cunard. I believe they have it straightened out now hopefully. :eek:

Tandemtourer - the TAs you mention with a week or two in between being counted as 2 voyages - were these booked as 2 seperate voyages? I'm curious as we crossed Southampton - New York, spent 4 days in NY, then crossed back to Southampton and Cunard will only count this as 1 voyage. It was all arranged by Cunard, including the hotel, and the whole holiday was under one reference number so perhaps that makes the difference? Was yours like this?

Thanks,

Matt

Archived