Carnival Massages - Paper Undies?

charchar1

I'm not so sure about the paper undies. I had a massage on the Conquest a few years ago and all I had on was a towel and a smile. I can honestly say that the massage I had onboard carnival was one of the best I've ever had. Better than my massage at the Four Seasons in Costa Rica, which supposedly has one of the top ten spas in the world.

Hmmm...I was never offered any paper drawers for massages onboard, but have found through the years that I prefer my regular therapist at home. She has no quota to make, sells no "product", and appreciates repeat customers with a "birthday" gift massage. She's seen me nekkid so many times in 20 years that it's no longer such a shock to her system.

I've had a great massage at Playa Uvas while visiting Cozumel, though! Luz is very good and the atmosphere is quite calming, and no products for sale! I'd wait and get one in Mexico.

I had a massage on the Conquest a few years ago and all I had on was a towel and a smile. I can honestly say that the massage I had onboard carnival was one of the best I've ever had. Better than my massage at the Four Seasons in Costa Rica, which supposedly has one of the top ten spas in the world.

Same for me. No paper undies. I think that would have made me feel very uncomfortable. I don't know...paper undies, hot oil, a vigorous massage...sounds like a good way to start a fire.

I highly reccommend the Full Body Massage on board. Wait for the specials.

vincenzo:)

I've never heard of paper undies - they tell you to take off everything. I had one of the port day specials where you could pick any 3 treatments from a predetermined list for $99. I chose the 25 min massage, exfoliation and scalp massage. It was wonderful! I probably wouldn't pay full price but I would recommend doing the port day special.

A good and ethical massage therapist should ask you to undress to YOUR level of comfort and work with it from there. If your level of comfort is nearly fully dressed, undies, or completely naked, that should be YOUR choice, not the therapist's. I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) as Stircrzy - I've been seeing the same therapist for years, so my level of comfort with her is higher than it would be with an unknown. Either way, it should be up to you, though.

We have a couples massage on every cruise we go on but wait until the last day at sea. The ship will announce the special. $60 for an hour couples massage isn't bad but watch out when you stand up and attempt to walk across the floor with all that oil on. Always have to return to the room for quick shower.

I was offered paper undies at my full body massage last month on the Legend. I enjoyed the massage a lot, but looking back I would have rather have spent the money on something more tangible! :D

If you really want to get a massage - or other spa treatment - I would wait for the port specials as well! :)

No paper undies . . . just a five minute chat about any stresses I might be under (hey . . . I was on a cruise . . . any stresses I might have had disappeared when I boarded the ship). I was then told to take everything off and lie face down with a sheet over me. I've had a lot of massages (used to go to week-long Spas every year when I was married) and this was no better or no worse . . . just a lot more expensive.

The young lady who did the massage was from England and she was darling. But . . . I think they must work on commission because I've never experienced such a hard sell to buy the products she used. Included in the over $200 massage was a facial and I made the mistake of mentioning that I had dry skin . . . for an additional $175 . . . I could have this fantastic product that would make my fifty-nine-year-old skin look like that of a twenty-year-old. Had I purchased everything on the list made "especially for me" . . . it would have been over $600. By the way . . . I bought nothing.

Just a suggestion but for anyone thinking about getting a massage while on their cruise . . . try the "sample" they offer when in Port. A lot less expensive and probably just as good.

We didn't have to wear paper undies, and although we got a REALLY good deal (due to a mix up on the spa's part, my friend and I got the $250 couples' massage for the $75 "Traveller's Tension" price, LOL), I think this time we'll be waiting until we hit Coz to get massages this time. Not to mention the Mexican people don't try to con you into $300 worth of lavender pillow spray and sea salt scrub.:D

Archived