Bringing food back to cabin?

JolleyRoger

I've got another thread going that relates, but getting little to no action on it. As my question relates, I'll ask here again. On the Crown, the HC closes early. How Early? And when does it open again? And, when it closes, does the Caribe Cafe stay open? or is the only 24/7 eatery the International Cafe? Anyone know?

Since it has been established that there are no trays in the buffet on Princess I have a couple of questions.

Can you bring your own? Or is that bad taste? And if you do bring your own, are there places in the buffet line to hold your tray? You know, those tubes you slide your tray on.

Since it has been established that there are no trays in the buffet on Princess I have a couple of questions.

Can you bring your own? Or is that bad taste? And if you do bring your own, are there places in the buffet line to hold your tray? You know, those tubes you slide your tray on.

Don't see why you couldn't bring your own tray. Horizon Court is set up in stations, not a long buffet line so you would have to carry your tray from staion to station.

There is an automatic gratuity for room service. At least on every line I have used. I often get a late night snack and use room service. I rarely use it for breakfast. I like to see the selection and then I bring it back to the room. Sometimes make two trips. I like to eat on my balcony.

There is not an automatic gratuity for room service. Room service is FREE on every cruiseline I have sailed. Yes you should tip the person who brings the food...but that's about it!

You could also use the tray if you order room service....or ask the room steward to bring you one. I don't think I'd want to pack and carry a tray in my luggage:eek:

Just curious...

Do people bring buffet plates back to their cabins? Maybe desserts?

I thought it would be nice to have an early breakfast or a late snack on our balcony without having to pick something off the room service menu.

They do and I did, I stayed on lido deck, and took a fresh fruit plate back to our fridge..

After breakfast, we'd bring a couple of yogurts and a bowl of granola back to the cabin for later .We kept them in the refrigerator .Don't forget the spoons. That was our balcony "light lunch" :) .If I kept to this routine, I never felt guilty ordering that dessert at dinner :D .

Obviously, we've never sailed on Princess...

No trays in the buffet? How do you carry your breakfast, lunch, to your table? Is it one great juggling act??? I've never heard of a buffet without trays...

The plates available at the buffet are very large and oval shaped. You don't need a tray because the "plates" are quite oversized.

The plates available at the buffet are very large and oval shaped. You don't need a tray because the "plates" are quite oversized.

True enough as far as the plate goes....but what about a drinking glass and the cutlery..and maybe a small bowl/plate of dessert.....I think Gratefulguy's idea is a wonderful one....will be testing his idea very soon.

I find having to make a couple of trips from buffet to table, then to drink station...annoying...mainly because I usually dine alone in the HC and don't have someone to 'watch' my food. If I could take the whole meal with me in one trip....then I would feel more comfortable. JMHO

If I do leave the table to get more of something...I usually inform a nearby waiter that I will be right back. I don't want to lose my spot, or my book, or any other possession that I have with me...nor do I want to have to take it all with me just to get a glass of water.

True enough as far as the plate goes....but what about a drinking glass and the cutlery..and maybe a small bowl/plate of dessert.....I think Gratefulguy's idea is a wonderful one....will be testing his idea very soon.

I find having to make a couple of trips from buffet to table, then to drink station...annoying...mainly because I usually dine alone in the HC and don't have someone to 'watch' my food. If I could take the whole meal with me in one trip....then I would feel more comfortable. JMHO

If I do leave the table to get more of something...I usually inform a nearby waiter that I will be right back. I don't want to lose my spot, or my book, or any other possession that I have with me...nor do I want to have to take it all with me just to get a glass of water.

Not to mention if you leave the table to get something you forgot in your first trip...the waitstaff is very quick to grab your plate, thinking you have left. Maybe not if you have a full plate, but if you finish some of your food and get up, you may not see your plate again upon your return.

Many of us are carrying plates for others, too (kids and elderly passengers) so a tray would be very helpful.

If you want a tray to bring food back from the Horizon Court -- just order

room service once, and keep the tray in your room for the rest of the week. We do it every time. There has never been an automatic gratuity

for room service. We always tip the waiters when they bring our order.

Tourney - in regards to the Crown dining hours. The Buffets close at either 10pm or 11pm depending on port or sea day (sea days are later I think). For dinner, only the Cafe Caribe is open from 530-11pm but you can eat in any of the buffet areas, or bring it back to your room! :) Of course the dining room also has these hours.

After 10 or 11pm, your options are Room Service or International Cafe, both of which are 24 hours. Even the burger grill closes at 11pm, and when my husband went up for a 10pm burger, he was the only person there and waited about 10 mins since they didn't (understandably) have a pile of burgers on the go.

Archived