Bringing food back to cabin?

JolleyRoger

Just curious...

Do people bring buffet plates back to their cabins? Maybe desserts?

I thought it would be nice to have an early breakfast or a late snack on our balcony without having to pick something off the room service menu.

Yes they do.. Enjoy your late snacks..

We're on Aloha deck, and I believe the Horizon Court is one deck up... should be a short jaunt to and fro. Have a feeling we're gonna have to be hittin the gym a little more than we first figured.:o

Reminds that I sure wish Princess had trays at the buffet!...hey, that gives me an idea!...Maybe I can find a portable-fold up tray to bring on the C in two weeks!...Now that I said it someone will invent one...Foiled again!

Sure do. I even on sea days, go get a nice plate and coffee and juice for me and my hubby (have to make two trips!) to have breakfast on our balcony!!!

Pooh

My wife looks so nice relaxing in bed that I make the two trips. It is only fair since she waits on me so much at home.

Mike

I like the cheesecake, one night after my teen daughter went to eat with her teen group she asked if she could have a cheesecake to go for her mom. They brought her a cheesecake on a regular plate with a cover on it and she brought it to the cabin. I didn't expect it and was not hungry but that goodness for the fridge.

Maybe I can find a portable-fold up tray to bring on the C in two weeks!...Now that I said it someone will invent one...Foiled again!

How about a inflatible tray? I found this over on Ebay. It looks handy and very easy to travel with.

One of my husbands greatest joys on a cruise is to get up in the middle of the night and raid the 24/7 buffet. They will wrap the plate for you there. He brings all sorts of snacks back. I usually wake up and say you are eating again?

We had an interesting evening on a cruise with my folks trying to decide how to keep their pizza warm in the room for a snack. We decided on top of the fridge. It worked.

One of my husbands greatest joys on a cruise is to get up in the middle of the night and raid the 24/7 buffet. They will wrap the plate for you there. He brings all sorts of snacks back. I usually wake up and say you are eating again?

We had an interesting evening on a cruise with my folks trying to decide how to keep their pizza warm in the room for a snack. We decided on top of the fridge. It worked.

How creative you are to use that hot area on top of the fridge to keep Pizza warm. I guess I'll be putting that to use on my next cruise:D . Just what I need, another way to gain weight:eek: !

One of our suggestions on our comment card on our last cruise was trays for the Horizon Court. There was a debate on this issue here a couple of months ago with some people against trays. But I really think it would be nice for those who want to use them. My hubby would go to the Horizon for breakfast on non-port days, get his made to order omelet and then make up a plate for my little and me to share (fruit, pancakes, cereal, english muffin) and some OJ for me (next cruise I've got to make sure he brings my soda cup to use instead of those tiny ones...I need major OJ in the morning).

You are on vacation don't forget, you can bring back whatever you can carry and enjoy it on your balcony, you paid big bucks for this cruise and have alot of latitude to work in.

Also don't forget...use the hell out of room service,it's free.

Have a Great Cruise e CIAO,

There is an automatic gratuity for room service. At least on every line I have used. I often get a late night snack and use room service. I rarely use it for breakfast. I like to see the selection and then I bring it back to the room. Sometimes make two trips. I like to eat on my balcony.

How creative you are to use that hot area on top of the fridge to keep Pizza warm. I guess I'll be putting that to use on my next cruise:D . Just what I need, another way to gain weight:eek: !

Just a word of caution....keeping the item warm can also create an enviroment that is perfect for food to spoil. I would be very careful with this....you don't want food poisoning on a cruise. :eek: ...I used to work in food service and I am probably one of the few american's who won't eat day old, cold pizza.

Personally, I would not eat the pizza after it is more than a few hours old.

The fridge is good as well as the TV. I always bring a few different size storage bags to seal the food, whether cool or warm. Room service will also deliver snacks such as chips and nuts with plastic wrap. On one of Golden cruises the late night bistro head waiter assigned a waiter to help us carry our plates to our cabin. :)

There is an automatic gratuity for room service. At least on every line I have used. I often get a late night snack and use room service. I rarely use it for breakfast. I like to see the selection and then I bring it back to the room. Sometimes make two trips. I like to eat on my balcony.

I think the only time you will see a gratuity on Princess is if you order soda or drinks that have the 15% bar tab tip included. Although you always slip them a couple singles for the effort.

We just got off the Diamond yesterday... we had a tray under the water glasses above the frig area. I never thought about taking it to the Horizon buffet to carry back food. I will next time though!

Archived