Room Service on the CB

CPCruiser4Life

It's obviously true if you're in a full suite, you have more choices of what can be delivered for Room Service.

Who has gotten success from writing on the card and getting what you want from a "normal" stateroom.

My goal is to have bagels, lox, cream cheese and chocolate milk delivered to the cabin every morning.

many people say it can't be done, but I have read how many people wrote it down, and the next morning it was there.

I want to try to get a rough idea about the percentage of people on here who have had success with this.

Veterans...what do you think are the variables? (i.e. amount of orders that morning? the mood of the chefs? the head chef on duty that morning? what factors need to be taken into account?

Thanks!

Scott

Anytime I have EVER written in, any additional breakfast items on the card that were not on the card, we have ALWAYS gotten whatever we asked for. Bagels too were always one of things we would write in. No problem, no questions asked and always from a "normal" room, not suite or minisuite. I would think your goal should be easily attainable. ;)

It's obviously true if you're in a full suite, you have more choices of what can be delivered for Room Service.

Who has gotten success from writing on the card and getting what you want from a "normal" stateroom.

My goal is to have bagels, lox, cream cheese and chocolate milk delivered to the cabin every morning.

many people say it can't be done, but I have read how many people wrote it down, and the next morning it was there.

I want to try to get a rough idea about the percentage of people on here who have had success with this.

Veterans...what do you think are the variables? (i.e. amount of orders that morning? the mood of the chefs? the head chef on duty that morning? what factors need to be taken into account?

Thanks!

Scott

We were in a mini-suite on CB last March, and only were able to get what was pre-printed on the order form -- and the accuracy rate of delivery (what we got vs. what we ordered) was only about 50%. We had the ultimate balcony dinner later in the week, and our waiter was the supervisor for room service -- he told us that they begin staging the trays at 3am and then have to get out 700+ (might have been 800+) deliveries for breakfast on shore days. :eek: So, I'm not surprised that special orders, especially of hot food, are hard to come by. (We even found that the coffee wasn't wonderfully hot, especially if you were adding cream.) Room service deliveries usually came 10-20 minutes before the earliest time we'd checked.

I've heard Princess is a lot more flexible on the other ships, but that was our CB experience. (We still had a wonderful time -- sitting on a balcony enjoying that first cup of coffee in the morning can't be beat.)

Our luck with room service breakfast requests has not been very succesful on Princess. I always request bagels, lox, and cream cheese from room service card, and always receive bagels and cream cheese. To get the lox, I guess you need to go to the dining room. But I will add, that the room service was always delivered right on time. They must have a tremendous amount of people ordering just coffee, etc. and I think that they do a great job! I have to agree with "arabrab", that the first sip of coffee (or tea, in my case) on the balcony is absolutely unbelievable!!!

When I first started cruising Princess about 5 yrs ago, I always was able to write "Bacon" or sausage etc on the card and didn't have a problem...In the last 2 plus years I have been unsuccessful in that regard..This has been on the CB,(twice) Golden and Star...I'm in a mini next week on the CB, I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

Actually I think they were doing it as a courtesy, and it was posted on the boards so many times that you could do it, well, they probably got overwhelmed and stopped the practice for the most part..

We were able to write in "bagels, lox and cream cheese" on both our Golden & Sapphire cruises and we received it every time. I'm not sure what factors are involved, but we never had a problem. We'll see if we can do the same thing on the Crown this month. I hope so!

Yes, I believe I asked for bagels and cream cheese a few times and got it....They seemed to have drawn the line on either bacon or sausage etc, however..at least that is my current experience...

A nice walk up to the lido will do me well, and bring back whatever I want will be ok..

Archived