The yummiest dish or dessert on the Conquest?

Cinderelli

I love the sweet and sour shrimp, the pumpkin soup, the strawberry bisque, the creme brulee, the tom turkey, the prime rib... I love the food can you tell?? We are going on our honeymoon on the Conquest Aug 22, and the first thing I am getting is a huge plate of french fries!!!!! WOO HOO

I had a delicious pasta dish on the Conquest last September. It had a cream sauce with scallops & shrimp. I had it as a starter. If I'd known it would be that good, I'd have ordered it as my main course. It was superb!!!

Although I have not sailed on the CONQUEST, I would venture a guess that the following are offered there!

Gravlaks - Thinly Sliced Norwegian Fjord Salmon Cured with Dill and Brandy Presented with a Sour Cream Mustard Sauce ( I will order 3 servings)

Pepper-Seared Supreme of Young Long Island Duckling - Marsala Infused Purple Onion Confit, Steamed Bok Choy and Sauteed Spinach Melt in your mouth delicious! (2 servings)

Escargots Bourguignonne - Burgundy Snails in Garlic Butter with an Infusion of Chablis and Pernod (3 servings)

My wife worships the Pumpkin soup.

When the above choices are on the menu, and I see other new items... I make sure to order what I KNOW I LOVE, and I MIGHT also order the new item if it appeals to me... because you never know when you may come across a new favorite!

By the way, I manage to actually eat most of what I order (I will skip dessert if necessary!), so don't get the impression I am wasteful! This is also one of the reasons we always choose the EARLY (5:45) dining, as it will take hours to digest this meal!

Tom

Has anyone else noticed they have TWO DIFFERENT kinds of sweet and sour shrimp?

On the Glory in March they had something more like procecessed shrimp rolls -- breaded (w/small tail on) , yet over 6" long... seemed MINCED (There were only 2-3 of these on the plate)

On the Sensation it was the more traditional 6-7-8 (?) medium breaded ACTUAL shrimp....

Perhaps they were two different (duh) dishes.. yet both were "Sweet and Sour Shrimp".... ???

Tom

The Duckling was great as was the Prime Rib and the Lobster tail. Each of those was a double helping for me *LOL*

the creme broulee, the Grand Marinier Souflee and the Chocolate cake was excellent.

And then there is always PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!

*LOL*

I havent cruised on the Conquest.... yet.....

I tried it on the Pride, and I know you can get it on any Carnival ship -

Flourless Chocolate Cake!!!

It is sooooooo Yummy!!!:p

Hi -- which dish or food or dessert would you absolutely NOT MISS if you were going again on the Conquest?

I want to make sure I try the best!!!

Sailing 8/29/04, and can't wait!:o

Cinderelli, I was just on the Conquest (7/11) and we ate in the dining room every night. I can recommend 2 things that really impressed me. I'm kind of a picky eater, but I really branched out on these (glad I did!). One night there was a sampler plate called "taste of Japan"--awesome. Another night they had the "taste of India"--incredible. Our waiter was from India, and this one was highly recommended by him "Best food you will ever eat" he said, and he was darn near right! Excellent stuff. I got a second, more predictable entree along with these, just in case the food was too "out there"; but I didn't need to! I can also recommend an awesome Mexican place for your day in Cozumel. We ate at Pancho's Backyard for lunch; the waiter recommended the Carne Asada plate, which we tried. WOW! This was truly the best food I had ever eaten. This was the restaurant downtown, not the one at the port. Atmosphere was perfect. Best of luck! Just remember, if you get a dish at dinner you don't care for, you can always fill up somewhere else on the ship! :D

My fav was some kind of cold strawberry soup... it was great! I can't remember what it was called... I even bought the entire set of carnival cookbooks that my dining server pushed on me... and the recipe's not there... the lobster and escargot were also fabulous...

Kim

Kim, it's the Strawberry Bisque and it is yummy... it is like a dessert :) I bought several of the cookbooks as well but manage to make more of the cocktails than the meals... LOL Last year someone posted the recipe for the bisque... i think I have it saved and will send it if I find it!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi -- which dish or food or dessert would you absolutely NOT MISS if you were going again on the Conquest?

I want to make sure I try the best!!!

Sailing 8/29/04, and can't wait!:o

Entree - Main Dining Room - Roast Duck Breast with a fruit reduction

The Point - Porterhouse Steak (24 ounces, prime aged) with peppercorn or bearnaise sauce

Dessert - Main Dining Room - Definitely the Grand Marnier Souffle, or the Banana dessert which was not called Bananas Foster but beared a strong resemblance to it.

The Point - ALL OF THEM!!!! JUST ORDER ALL OF THEM, AS WELL AS THE CHEESES - ROCQUEFORT, ST.ANDRE, BRIE DE BRESSE, MOURBIER...

BnB

Lobster is offered ONCE, and it will be on a formal night...

...you may want to hedge your bet and order a second (prime rib?) entree also, as the lobster is IFFY.... sometimes very good... other times like old rubber..!

Tom

Archived