Switch to Wraparound

zipster16

thanks everyone, esp tom-n-cheryl for this thread....very helpful in determining between a suite and a penthouse.

We got 4237 for the Aug 31st sailing of Miracle. I can't believe the room was still available since the cruise is only 4 months away. :D

Sounds like someone must have canceled, and your timing was right on!

Enjoy!

Tom

The 2 aft wraps on deck 4 are showing as available on the Miracle on Carnival's website for the July 6th sailing, 2 months!

Perhaps the demand is not as strong out of NY for those cabins. No idea why.

There have been SEVERAL times where we were trying to book a sailing 12+ months out and they were not available.

That is one reason we GRABBED 4228 on the SPIRIT for TWO YEARS out. I did not want to risk not getting "the cabin"...:D

Tom

Does the Glory have any of these wrap arounds?

The Glory does have aft wraps, but those are CAT 9 cabins. You still get a sizable balcony - but the room is quite average - slightly larger than a CAT 8. Same dinky shower... We have sailed on the Glory in a CAT 8 (once) and a CAT 9 (at least twice). We decided this time (May 26th) to go with a CAT 12. It was a tough call, once before we had a 12 booked, and switched to the corner CAT 9.

Tom

Perhaps the demand is not as strong out of NY for those cabins. No idea why. There have been SEVERAL times where we were trying to book a sailing 12+ months out and they were not available. That is one reason we GRABBED 4228 on the SPIRIT for TWO YEARS out. I did not want to risk not getting "the cabin"...:D

Tom

Yes, that's why I booked this may's Miracle cruise last August! I actually had a choice of port or starboard side, deck 4 wraps... So I took port side to get those sunsets the last two sea days as we head back north to NYC. All the rest of the wraps were gone by November...

And price-wise, they were 1300 with the mil. discount. Not $915 by any means, but cheaper than the same cruise in June/July by several hundred. I'm still in awe of that 915 price... wow.

So we are looking into booking a wrap around on the Miracle but the only one they have left is on deck 5. Is this ok. I think I have read it is different on deck 5.. is it smaller, what is the difference and is it worth paying the extra if it is on deck 5? Thanks..

So we are looking into booking a wrap around on the Miracle but the only one they have left is on deck 5. Is this ok. I think I have read it is different on deck 5.. is it smaller, what is the difference and is it worth paying the extra if it is on deck 5? Thanks..

I would first consider an alternate sailing date (frankly, I would not book an aft wrap unless it was on deck 4 - but that's just US!) - barring that, you may still consider deck 5 as an option. It, like the others, still has a large balcony. The MAIN difference is that the room is one open/large room, as opposed to the broken up multi-room layout (generally preferred).

Tom

So deck 5 is that bad... I cant change my dates because I already had to put in for vacation and I did mess up becaue I wanted to go on the Miracle sailing the week before but o well. I wonder if we have never stayed in a cat 11 if we would even care about the difference. I would really like the big balcony though since we have 4 sea days!!

Cabin 6260 which is a wraparound balcony room on the Miracle is available, I am currently booked in a standard Cat. 11 amidships on deck 6. I can't convince DW to let me switch. Anyone have any good arguments for me to use.

i thought the wraps on miracle was categorized as suites, unlike wraps on liberty?

So deck 5 is that bad... I cant change my dates because I already had to put in for vacation and I did mess up becaue I wanted to go on the Miracle sailing the week before but o well. I wonder if we have never stayed in a cat 11 if we would even care about the difference. I would really like the big balcony though since we have 4 sea days!!

I would not say that it is bad at all - I have never been in one. It will be a suite, and it will have a large balcony. If that is the only deck you can get a wrap cabin. Go for it.

Tom

OK... so I make that last post... and returned to my computer after a bit - only to find a PETSMART ad in my post. OK OK, I understand that now occurs. What caught me off guard was the AUDIO clip running with the ad...

:rolleyes:

Tom

My gosh I really feel cheated reading about the large balconies when we sailed on the Conquest in a cat 11 and it was just one room and a small balcony. I have a family of four. Do they allow four in a cabin on the Legend, Miracle in a cat 11? This makes me want to book right away.

Did I read somewhere that the downside to these cabins is that they don't afford as much privacy and folks can easily look down on the balcony? Perhaps I'm mistaken though.

My gosh I really feel cheated reading about the large balconies when we sailed on the Conquest in a cat 11 and it was just one room and a small balcony. I have a family of four. Do they allow four in a cabin on the Legend, Miracle in a cat 11? This makes me want to book right away.

Did I read somewhere that the downside to these cabins is that they don't afford as much privacy and folks can easily look down on the balcony? Perhaps I'm mistaken though.

I don't know of any of the wraps that sleep 4, unfortunately... And not all sleep 3, even. What we did - heartless as we are - was park the kids in the inside cabin across the hall. I know, a lesser form of child abuse... but it worked for us. I know that on the Spirit class ships there is such an inside cabin right in the starboard corner of Deck 4, can't remember for the Conquest and Destiny class...

But, we did get them cards to get into our room (and got one to get into THEIR room for curfew checks!) that were room keys only. Came back several times to find a pack of teens on our balcony in the afternoon.

I don't know of any of the wraps that sleep 4, unfortunately... And not all sleep 3, even. What we did - heartless as we are - was park the kids in the inside cabin across the hall. I know, a lesser form of child abuse... but it worked for us. I know that on the Spirit class ships there is such an inside cabin right in the starboard corner of Deck 4, can't remember for the Conquest and Destiny class...

But, we did get them cards to get into our room (and got one to get into THEIR room for curfew checks!) that were room keys only. Came back several times to find a pack of teens on our balcony in the afternoon.

Which is why we don't give our kids a card to our room ;) LOL

Decks 4 and 6 have the two-room layout - separate living room and bedroom. Deck 5 wraps are one large room.

While "some say" the Deck 4 rooms are a little larger, "some say" Deck 6 has a little more overhang and thus, more privacy out on the balcony. I never had much privacy problems on Deck 4, so I stay with that. Deck 4 is down a little closer to the engine noise and water noise, maybe, but it's been negligible to me. And, your deck 4 balcony is just above the public promenade on Deck 3, but that gets so little use at night it hasn't been an issue for us. Deck 6 is nicely tucked between two other cabin decks, and being a little higher up, maybe gets you a little better view.

We present - you decide!

While "some say" the Deck 4 rooms are a little larger, "some say" Deck 6 has a little more overhang and thus, more privacy out on the balcony.

Deck 6 is nicely tucked between two other cabin decks, and being a little higher up, maybe gets you a little better view.

We present - you decide!

If "someone says" that deck 6 has a little more overhang, then they are simply WRONG. Deck 4 is the only one with any overhang worth mentioning (on the larger AFT portion). The easiest way to see this is to look at the size of the balcony dividers on the different decks in this photo:

46164558-L-1.jpg

If you want SERIOUS OVER-KILL overhang, take a look at the SIDE cabins on deck 8!!

As for deck 6 giving a better view than deck 4... well... you might be able to see a few feet further to the horizon, but I doubt that your eyes could tell the difference! ;)

Tom

46164558-L-1.jpg

Wow! that's one cabin???? i made a huge mistake not taking an aft wrap for our dec liberty sailing (it was available when i booked), b/c the second cabin that we needed was not immediately near it, and this is the first time we are getting 2 cabins, so i wanted to be close. i won't pass this up again.

Wow! that's one cabin???? i made a huge mistake not taking an aft wrap for our dec liberty sailing (it was available when i booked), b/c the second cabin that we needed was not immediately near it, and this is the first time we are getting 2 cabins, so i wanted to be close. i won't pass this up again.

Awesome balcony huh? Liberty has 9As I think. Spirit class this is a suite. It actually has an adjoining cabin next to it aft, at least on deck 4. When I wanted to book our 2nd cruise, DW said no...till I showed her the size of the balcony, then she said BOOK IT NOW!!:D

Awesome balcony huh? Liberty has 9As I think. Spirit class this is a suite. It actually has an adjoining cabin next to it aft, at least on deck 4. When I wanted to book our 2nd cruise, DW said no...till I showed her the size of the balcony, then she said BOOK IT NOW!!:D

i will never pass that up again, if it's available. that looks incredible! i did ask about the wraps when we booked miracle, and was told, as you just said, that they were categorized as suites on that class. bummer.:o

i will never pass that up again, if it's available. that looks incredible! i did ask about the wraps when we booked miracle, and was told, as you just said, that they were categorized as suites on that class. bummer.:o

It was worth the $$ in my opinion. We spent a lot of relaxing time out there. When we were on The Legend in Jan, I read a whole Tom Clancy book in 2 days.:eek: We also took our Sirius radio and it worked great out there, just kept the volume so I could barely hear it. Dang I need another cruise!!:D We have a regular cat 11 booked on the liberty in October, hope the wraps don't have me spoiled.

It was worth the $$ in my opinion. We spent a lot of relaxing time out there. When we were on The Legend in Jan, I read a whole Tom Clancy book in 2 days.:eek: We also took our Sirius radio and it worked great out there, just kept the volume so I could barely hear it. Dang I need another cruise!!:D We have a regular cat 11 booked on the liberty in October, hope the wraps don't have me spoiled.

Wraps DEFINITELY do spoil you!

When I took that picture we also had 4230 (note open balcony divider) - that makes for A LOT of space.

We typically have a dozen + CC'ers there during a sea day for wine/drinks - it's a PARTY deck.

And we ALWAYS bring our SIRIUS boombox! (we are considerate ;) )

Tom

Tom

Wow! This thread, with the pictures, is getting me even more excited about our cruise in a few weeks.

I didn't know what cabin to book (was actually looking at 9A 7299) but thankfully my TA did; she suggested an aft wrap and called Carnival to make the reservation. She talked to them about what was available and based on her recommendation, we've got 6260 on the Pride.

After looking at that picture, I don't care about the size of the overhang - just bring on the balcony!!! :D

Archived