Switch to Wraparound

zipster16

Cabin 6260 which is a wraparound balcony room on the Miracle is available, I am currently booked in a standard Cat. 11 amidships on deck 6. I can't convince DW to let me switch. Anyone have any good arguments for me to use.

My opinion: go ahead and make the switch yourself while you still can - he will thank you later... assuming he is an understanding fellow to begin with...:eek:

46462808-L.jpg

46470366-L.jpg

46470365-L.jpg

We have stayed in the wraps a few times (and have a few more on the way). There is NO OTHER WAY to sail on a Spirit class ship!:cool:

Tom

Does the bathroom have a jacuzzi tub and shower?

You can get an idea of the tub size (in mirror!) from this picture, and as HeidiHo stated, it is a standard size tub.

46470368-L.jpg

Your WIFE will enjoy this cabin MORE THAN a mid-ship cat 11 - she just does not know it yet!!!

Tom

There is absolutely no comparison! If you enjoy spending time on your balcony, then JUMP on this and switch cabins. This year when we arrived on the Miracle, there were already 9 deck chairs on our balcony! Yes, there was room for all of them! We didn't want that many, but they did fit!

Also, having the separate living room and the separate bedroom were fantastic. We've had the side Cat. 11, and there isn't near the room. Like Tom said, on a Spirit class ship, there is no other way to go. His pictures tell it all!

.....you won't regret it. We LOVED our wraparound balcony on the Destiny so much we booked another one on the Legend for next April.....in cabin 6260!!

When you're out there it's (almost) as if you are sailing on your own private ship. The views (side & aft) are exquisite & breathtaking!! The space to spread out is so nice.

Go ahead.....go for it.....and enjoy!!

On the Destiny our wrap-around was a Cat 9A.....on the Legend it's a Cat 11. Yes, it does cost more than the regular balcony rooms (someone update/correct me if I'm wrong please.)....but I believe it does.

Yes, on the Triumph/Destiny/Victory they are Cat 9A.

Also on all Conquest class ships, they are 9A's.

On Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Pride, and Miracle) they are 11's (suites) - and average about $1500-$1800 per person. These are the cabins to get - the corners on deck 4 (best IMHO), 6, 7, and 8. Deck 5 does not have the multi-room layout.

Tom

• 4 months later...
Tom-n-Cheryl, what ship and cabin are the pictures you first posted?

1st: Legend - 4237

2nd, 3rd, and 4th: Pride - 4228

You can click on my SMUGMUG link below - and select PRIDE, LEGEND, or MIRACLE... all the cabin/balcony photos will be either 4228 or 4237. They are mirror floor plans - and are virtually identical on those 3 ships (since they are all Spirit class ships).

Tom

Ok now I have a question?

We always stay in cat 11 because of the bathtub. So if I am understanding this right the Cat 9a with wraparound balconies have bathtubs (small, large, jacuzzi or any kind of tub)?

I am a bath person-the size of my bathtub at home is probably bigger than some outdoor hot tubs and has lights that change colors.

I have always wanted to book one of the wrap around balconies but have always stayed with Cat 11 because I thought the Cat 9 only had showers.

Ok now I have a question?

We always stay in cat 11 because of the bathtub. So if I am understanding this right the Cat 9a with wraparound balconies have bathtubs (small, large, jacuzzi or any kind of tub)?

I am a bath person-the size of my bathtub at home is probably bigger than some outdoor hot tubs and has lights that change colors.

I have always wanted to book one of the wrap around balconies but have always stayed with Cat 11 because I thought the Cat 9 only had showers.

The wrap-around cabins on Spirit class ships are cat. 11 and have a normal sized tub with jets.

I am trying to get educated on the Mircale since this is a possiblity for me to book for summer 08. Do you find the wraparound balcony on a standard balcony cabin? Also, why won't your wife move if it is so good? What are the cons? Location?

1st: Legend - 4237

2nd, 3rd, and 4th: Pride - 4228

You can click on my SMUGMUG link below - and select PRIDE, LEGEND, or MIRACLE... all the cabin/balcony photos will be either 4228 or 4237. They are mirror floor plans - and are virtually identical on those 3 ships (since they are all Spirit class ships).

Tom

Tom, we were in 7347 last week on the Pride and the floor plan was slightly different, the doors into the vanity were in a different spot and the TVs in different spots than your pics.

Yes, on the Triumph/Destiny/Victory they are Cat 9A.

Also on all Conquest class ships, they are 9A's.

On Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Pride, and Miracle) they are 11's (suites) - and average about $1500-$1800 per person. These are the cabins to get - the corners on deck 4 (best IMHO), 6, 7, and 8. Deck 5 does not have the multi-room layout.

Tom

Tom your post about these cabins jazz me up everytime. I know this quote is from October but it really jazzed me because we got Legend 4228 in Sept. for $915pp, military discount.:D

I've got my pocket fisherman all ready to go with a spinner bate and 500' of nylon line.;)

We're booked on the Triumph in a wrap-around. We decided to downgrade from a suite to a 9A to get that bigger balcony. Our HAL cruise was a wrap-around, and we loved it. Our philosophy is to get every inch of balcony space we can, and we love being at the back. We've been in the very front of the ship (OS on the Sun - fabulous), too, but it can get very windy. We love the back for the end of the day when you're pulling out of port. Grab that corner while you can!!!

Tom your post about these cabins jazz me up everytime. I know this quote is from October but it really jazzed me because we got Legend 4228 in Sept. for $915pp, military discount.:D

I've got my pocket fisherman all ready to go with a spinner bate and 500' of nylon line.;)

That is a GREAT rate! We book with the Military rate as well - but I can't recall ever getting it for less than $1,000. GOOD DEAL!!

Tom, we were in 7347 last week on the Pride and the floor plan was slightly different, the doors into the vanity were in a different spot and the TVs in different spots than your pics.

True - the corners on decks 4-8 are all unique shapes and sizes - each deck has its own custom plan. Not at all like the cookie cutter port and starboard cabins (with a few variations).

Tom

Any one familiar with the 9A's on the Liberty? From the deck plans the ones on 7 look to be larger - but if it is not usable space then I would prefer to be on 8.

Do any of the 9A's on the Liberty have a sofa? I have heard conflicting info - some say just a chair. Any one know for sure? :confused: Do they have a fridge?

If anyone had pictures that would be a great help! Thanks :D

Archived