Cabin 215

yogagal47

Well- I asked about 215 but we just booked SeaDream II for November '07 and we have cabin 212. Hope that will be ok. By the way, from the time we decided to do the cruise on tuesday until yesterday morning when I spoke with our agent, the cruise price went up several hundred dollars. Also the port charges and other additional fees were over 600pp. Is this unusual?

Well- I asked about 215 but we just booked SeaDream II for November '07 and we have cabin 212. Hope that will be ok. By the way, from the time we decided to do the cruise on tuesday until yesterday morning when I spoke with our agent, the cruise price went up several hundred dollars. Also the port charges and other additional fees were over 600pp. Is this unusual?

Cabin 212 is fine. As indicated below, all cabins are identical with the exception of 215 (handicapped suite) and 315 (Owner's Suite).

As their cruises fill up, SeaDream raises prices. Last November, we booked the Nov. 10-19, 2006 crossing on SD2. The price we paid then is significantly less than what is currently showing as the lowest "book today and save price" on the web site.

Port charges and additional fees also seem to increase. I can't speak to the dynamics there, however.

We just booked with Seadream a different trip than yours, our agent informed us that Seadream won Conde Nast Best Small Ship for 2006, and increased prices on that day, which was Thursday, 10/19/06, for all of there future cruises.

In June we booked SDII for Sept. 4, 07, Istanbul to Rome, our cabin, 308 was $6949 with surcharges of $704. I checked today and that cruise is now $7549, surcharges $704. It's the second increase since we booked. Boy, I am glad we got in under the wire.

Disney Jen, what cruise are you looking at? Why not join us on ours? It doesn't seem like anyone else is on the cruise, at least not from CC. Its a great cruise, a little bit of 3 countries. My husband and I were talking last night about going to Florence after disembarkation, but decided that 16 days was long enough to be away. We are doing the SD recommended pre cruise in Istanbul. Would love to meet you in person in '07.

Mary Lou

Archived