hold a koala?

sunsetme

If you go to Taronga Zoo in Sydney you can see lots of Australian animals as well as fantastic views of the city and harbour. You can buy a ticket at Circular Quay and go over by ferry. Look on the website for Taronga Zoo Sydney for more information that may be of help to you. Featherdale Wildlife Farm is in the suburbs of Sydney. Enjoy Sydney!:)

I also wanted to hold a Koala. I wrote to the Taronga Zoo and asked them about holding one. Their answer to me was that it is Illegal to

hold Koala's in New South Wales, but with the VIP tour, you can get quite close to them and take some great shots. The volunteer guides will do their utmost to help you out. Hope this helps.

Healesville Sanctuary is must for seeing our native animals. You could combine a tour of the Yarra Valley (wine) with a trip to the Sanctuary. I am not sure about holding koalas. They can be quite nasty and turn on you. The Sanctuary is an easy hours drive from Melbourne through our suburbs and into the country.

Jennie

i was at featherdale wildlife park a couple of months ago and as far as I could tell you can hold the koala's- the only catch is you have to have your photo with them and pay up front- I think it was $30.00. beware.... they are a bit smelly, might want to leave it til the end of the day.

Archived