Anyone else having problems with Princess web site sign-on?

Andrea A

Just wondering as I had a strange thing happen last week. I went to sign in at Princess to check my account and after I entered my e-mail and password the greeting I got was welcome Mrs.--------( not my name) and my phone # was changed to a totally different # and area code. I contacted a live person at Princess who fixed it, but was quite dismissive when I asked how this could happen, should I be worried that my account has crossed with someone else as my address, DOB, passport is listed, etc. All he kept saying was he had no idea how it happened, but it has been fixed so I have nothing to be concerned about. I logged in again and it had been fixed and welcomed me by my proper last name. Then I changed my password just to be safe and logged in again yesterday and all was fine.

Today I logged in to check on my member referral program and was again greeted by another wrong name, not the same name as before but a different one!!! This is distressing. I will call Princess again tomorrow and wait through the voice mail system to find another live person who will take the wrong name out and correct it. It is unnerving that this is happening as I usuually fill out the passenger info/ immigration forms online.

Please post if you've had similar problems with their web site. I may get more attention if I can say this problem is effecting many and could impact their business.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy cruising with Princess, but with all the ID theft out there, I would expect more diligence and concern from Princess.

Thank you,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I've had a similar problem twice :eek: ! A few weeks ago I clicked on the Personalizer for our cruise next year (I haven't filled it out yet). It was all filled out (except for credit card info) by someone in Italy! Our TA had it fixed and filled out the info on the first page, hoping that would take care of the problem.

Today I checked the Personalizer again, and again, except for our first page info, it's filled out by another person in Italy :eek: !

I've emailed my TA and she'll take care of it again, but this does make me wonder about security, too. I now know the emergency contact and passport numbers of these people! I wonder who knows mine???

(I'm still "welcomed" by my name.)

Anyone else have a similar problem?

I'm glad to see this problem with the Princess web log on is not pervasive, but it still worries me that no one at the company can explain how/why this is happening. They just keep fixing it. I too, hope my personal info is not being crossed with another Princess customer. The company says NO. I'm not 100% comforted by their response.

Thanks,

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

Just a cautionary tale. I booked my Princess cruise using my Captain's Circle # and even though my TA's invoice has my first and last correct name, when I tried to check the booking with Princess I couldn't get into the system as Princess has yet again converted me to a 3rd last name. My last name has been the same for 32 years but Princess has changed it 3 times this year.

It's difficult to correct if you have a problem as #1 Princess will not connect any passengers with their IT dept. even though their IT dept. called me to apologize for their systems problems and told me to call back if it happens again and #2. If you call the 1 800 Princess #, there is NO option for customer service or customer relations.

I finally got to speak to someone in customer service who admitted the department is not part of the voice mail option. He was nice, but couldn't help me and insisted I could not be connected to IT, but he will send them a memo and I can check back in a week to see if they were able to correct my name. Checking back isn't easy as no one will give me a direct #, department or name.

Shame on Princess for not allowing customers to contact customer service!!

I have been sailing with Princess since 2000 and have never had this problem before.

I encourage you all to look very carefully at your cruise personalizer as my last name and phone # do not belong to me. Check everything including your passport #.

Andrea A ( not Miller, Perry, Stife and other names that have mysteriously appeared over the past 2 months)

Just tried to go to Princess.com and couldn't get on. Got a message saying the system is being upgraded and will be back up Monday at 5am. MAYBE they have recognized the problem and are taking care of it.:p

Archived