Elation to sail from San Diego year round

S.S.Oceanlover

Leaving Thursdays for a 4 nighter to Cabo!!! That means I can work most of the day on Thursday, take Friday off, and be at work on Monday AM.... Book Em Dano!

I was thinking the same thing, Bonster-! I was telling my friends about it. I'm thinking maybe there will be some last minute pricing some weekends. Got to love the idea of a Cabo run on a cruise ship with only about 1 and a half days off work.

Just booked Carnival Liberty 6 day as well. Was told they would honor our price we were paying for the 5 day Elation! We get an extra day for free! :D Talked hubby into it (although it wasn't too hard). He just didn't want to get back home and have to go back to work the next day. But, since we come back on a Saturday, it's not even an issue. Still a little bummed about Elation and the ports, but looking forward to our new cruise. Now, if they end up cancelling this one for some reason, someone is really trying to tell me something!

OTOH, in a way, I'm a little disappointed in 4 and 5 nighters to Cabo and Ensenada...I'd rather have them miss Ensenada entirely and do 7 nighters instead...but differentiating them from the LA-based cruises by using an itinerary similar to what HAL does...visiting Topolobampo (Gateway to Copper Canyon), Loreto and Pichilinque (La Paz) along with Cabo in some combination...

That would give us West Coasters a REAL alternative and save us repeated visits to Ensenada (Really...You can DRIVE from San Diego to Ensenada in under an hour!!!)...

I like your idea Steve!!! That would be a nice alternative!

Special 15-Day Panama Canal Cruise

The Elation will also sail on a special 15-day Panama Canal cruise departing Port Canaveral, Fla., May 12 and arriving San Diego May 27, 2007. It will mark Carnival's first Panama Canal cruise since 2004.

In addition to the unforgettable transit of the Panama Canal, the Elation will visit the Caribbean island of Aruba followed by calls at Puntarenas, Costa Rica; and Acapulco, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Numerous shore excursion opportunities, including watersports such as kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving, as well as myriad golfing and eco-tourism opportunities, will be available during this voyage.

Now that I see this reply post by 'Big Duck' was dated Thur 11/1/06, my frustration grows even more. I booked and did a full payment for an Elation cruise to depart 5/12/07, that I've recently learned will never happen - bummer. The real frustration is due to my booking (direct w/ CCL) taking place less than 48 hours before that information is spreading across CruiseCritic. Would it not have been better for the company to just remove all available cabins from future inventory and call them a sell-out, rather than continue to take vacation money for something they know doesn't really exist. You could still keep the company info secret, but not create a situation that surely won't escape bad press like this. By the way, no one from Carnival ever contacted me with the cancellation info, or an offer to make this right -- perhaps that's going to take them some time to accomplish.

We are one day off of our cruise on the Pride and are pretty excited about the recent news!

We were on the Elation last summer and loved her! (Who wouldn't love a cruise!) I was a little disappointed to hear that she will stop in Ensanada, it's about an hour and a half drive from here, but I am good staying on the ship, too! Spa day!

Way to go, Carnival!

I don't know if anyone else has checked the website, but the days are all over the place. They aren't just Thursday 4 day, Monday 5 day and Saturday 5 day. I found a six day that leaves on a Friday. It adds La Paz to the mix. If you check the website you will see it leaves on everyday of the week. Maybe they haven't worked out the final schedule yet. It won't let me proceed any further than checking the dates and base prices. I talked to my PVP and she had dates and prices that matched the website. I think I will be doing the six day if it really exists. Hope everyone who was booked out of P.C. gets something they will be happy with. I could take the 5 day to Ensenada and Cabo every year. The price is right and it's close to home.

Candi

I don't know if anyone else has checked the website, but the days are all over the place. They aren't just Thursday 4 day, Monday 5 day and Saturday 5 day. I found a six day that leaves on a Friday. It adds La Paz to the mix. If you check the website you will see it leaves on everyday of the week. Maybe they haven't worked out the final schedule yet. It won't let me proceed any further than checking the dates and base prices. I talked to my PVP and she had dates and prices that matched the website. I think I will be doing the six day if it really exists. Hope everyone who was booked out of P.C. gets something they will be happy with. I could take the 5 day to Ensenada and Cabo every year. The price is right and it's close to home.

Candi

Yes, I think what they are doing is back to back 5 dayers and then a 4 dayer and also they are throwing in some 6 dayers.

You have to remember that Cabo is a tender port and alot of ships stop there....so I'm assuming they are juggeling that port with the other ships.

Archived