Elation to sail from San Diego year round

S.S.Oceanlover

Just read that Elation will sail year round from San Dirgo starting in June 2007.

It is going to be doing4 and 5 day sailings.

The 4 day sailings are going to Cabo San Lucas departing on Mondays and the 5 day is going to Cabo and Ensenada leaving on either a Monday or Saturday.

Bill

Have they announced the repositioning cruise? That is one I would definitely book!

Special 15-Day Panama Canal Cruise

The Elation will also sail on a special 15-day Panama Canal cruise departing Port Canaveral, Fla., May 12 and arriving San Diego May 27, 2007. It will mark Carnival's first Panama Canal cruise since 2004.

In addition to the unforgettable transit of the Panama Canal, the Elation will visit the Caribbean island of Aruba followed by calls at Puntarenas, Costa Rica; and Acapulco, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Numerous shore excursion opportunities, including watersports such as kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving, as well as myriad golfing and eco-tourism opportunities, will be available during this voyage.

That's great news. I always said I would sail her again. My favorite ship.

Love sailing out of San Diego. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

By the way....where did you read that:confused:

Maybe Carnival is finally paying attention to us West Coasters.......

That is good news for the West Coast. It looks like Carnival is up in the air as to whether or not to have a replacement ship for Elation in Port Canaveral. I actually liked the ports of call and was going to book the Elation for December 2007. I hope they put another ship at Port Canaveral.

Maybe Carnival is finally paying attention to us West Coasters.......

Actually, Carnival has always paid a little more attention to the West Coast than the other lines, being the only line to leave two ships here year round...

It's RCCL missing the boat, so to speak, by ceding the Mexican Riviera to Carnival for the summer...

OTOH, in a way, I'm a little disappointed in 4 and 5 nighters to Cabo and Ensenada...I'd rather have them miss Ensenada entirely and do 7 nighters instead...but differentiating them from the LA-based cruises by using an itinerary similar to what HAL does...visiting Topolobampo (Gateway to Copper Canyon), Loreto and Pichilinque (La Paz) along with Cabo in some combination...

That would give us West Coasters a REAL alternative and save us repeated visits to Ensenada (Really...You can DRIVE from San Diego to Ensenada in under an hour!!!)...

Just read that Elation will sail year round from San Dirgo starting in June 2007.

It is going to be doing4 and 5 day sailings.

The 4 day sailings are going to Cabo San Lucas departing on Mondays and the 5 day is going to Cabo and Ensenada leaving on either a Monday or Saturday.

Bill

You just read this where? There is nothing on Carnival's website about it.

You just read this where? There is nothing on Carnival's website about it.

The full press release:

MIAMI, Nov. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Lines, the world's largest cruise operator, will launch San Diego's first year-round cruise schedule with four- and five-day Baja Mexico voyages aboard the 2,052-passenger "Fun Ship" Elation beginning in June 2007.

On this program -- the only one of its kind from Southern California -- the Elation will depart Thursdays on four-day cruises to Cabo San Lucas and on Mondays and Saturdays on five-day cruises to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, on a rotating schedule.

Short cruises are the fastest growing segment of the cruise industry and Carnival pioneered the four- and five-day schedule which fits in perfectly with today's busy lifestyles. Four-day cruises operating Thursday to Monday provide the ideal "long weekend getaway" while five-day voyages offer a comprehensive, multi-port cruise experience all in less than a week's time.

The Elation will offer 78 voyages annually from San Diego and join the 2,124-passenger Carnival Spirit which has operated seasonal eight-day Mexican Riviera voyages from San Diego since 2004.

With the Elation and Carnival Spirit, Carnival is expected to carry more than 230,000 passengers annually from San Diego -- the most of any cruise operator.

Additionally, with the deployment of the Elation, Carnival will be the largest cruise operator on the West Coast and the only cruise line to base three ships year-round in Southern California, with the Paradise and Carnival Pride offering year-round three- to seven-day voyages from Long Beach, Calif.

"The Elation's new four- and five-day cruises from San Diego add a whole new dimension to West Coast cruising. Not only is the port within a day's drive of millions of residents within the western U.S., San Diego offers a variety of convenient air options with the airport just minutes away from the cruise terminal," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

"The addition of year-round home-ported cruise service really puts San Diego on the cruising map," said Robert "Rocky" Spane, chairman of the board of port commissioners. "This decision by Carnival Cruise lines is great for Carnival's business and great for the region's economic progress."

New Four- and Five-Day Cruises from San Diego

Beginning June 2, 2007, the 70,000-ton Elation will launch the first year- round cruise program from San Diego encompassing four- and five-day cruises to ports in Baja Mexico.

Four-day cruises feature Cabo San Lucas, one of Mexico's most popular seaside destinations highlighted by its distinctive rock formations, lush landscape and aqua-blue waters popular with snorkelers and scuba divers the world over. Five-day cruises add a stop in Ensenada, located along Mexico's Baja Peninsula and offering gorgeous beaches, a waterfront promenade, and its most famous attraction, the "La Bufadora" geyser.

Prior to the start-up of this program, the Elation will operate a special six-day Mexico cruise departing San Diego May 27, 2007. Featured ports on this one-time voyage include Cabo San Lucas, La Paz and Ensenada, each offering magnificent white-sand beaches, diverse cultures, and interesting sites and historical attractions.

Special 15-Day Panama Canal Cruise

The Elation will also sail on a special 15-day Panama Canal cruise departing Port Canaveral, Fla., May 12 and arriving San Diego May 27, 2007. It will mark Carnival's first Panama Canal cruise since 2004.

In addition to the unforgettable transit of the Panama Canal, the Elation will visit the Caribbean island of Aruba followed by calls at Puntarenas, Costa Rica; and Acapulco, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Numerous shore excursion opportunities, including watersports such as kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving, as well as myriad golfing and eco-tourism opportunities, will be available during this voyage.

The Elation, which currently operates four- and five-day cruises from Port Canaveral, will continue that program through May 12, 2007, then embark on its Panama Canal cruise.

Signature 'Fun Ship' Amenities

The 855-foot-long Elation houses a 12,000-square-foot health club, 12 lounges and bars, a jogging track, an Internet cafe and ship-wide wi-fi access, cell phone service, on-board duty-free shopping, a comprehensive golf program, three swimming pools, and Carnival's signature "Twister Waterslide."

"Camp Carnival" and "Club O2," offering expansive facilities and supervised activities for children and teens, respectively, are featured, as well.

Three restaurants, including two elegant main dining rooms with extensive menus and wine lists and a 700-seat poolside eatery featuring 24-hour pizza and self-serve ice cream/frozen yogurt are also featured. A patisserie and complimentary 24-hour stateroom service are also available.

The Elation also houses a wide selection of spacious staterooms and suites, all of which feature the new "Carnival Comfort Bed" sleep system featuring plush mattresses, luxurious duvets, and high quality linens and pillows.

Pricing and Reservations

Carnival will be accepting reservations for Elation's Panama Canal cruise on Friday, Nov. 3, 2006. Reservations will be accepted for the ship's year- round four- and five-day cruises from San Diego beginning Monday, Nov. 6, 2006.

Prices for the Elation's new four- and five-day cruises from San Diego begin at $339 per person. Rates for the ship's special six-day voyage departing May 27, 2007, from San Diego start at $599 per person, based on double occupancy.

The 15-day Panama Canal cruise is available starting at $799 per person. Special rates for third and fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom, along with round-trip air supplements from a variety of North American gateways, are also available.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com. Carnival Cruise Lines is a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE: CCL; LSE)(NYSE: CUK - News)

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061102/clth067.html?.v=59

WOW!! After just coming off the Elation before it moved from Miami, I'd love to go on her again from SD! That's only a 6 hour drive for me!! We were just saying how we wish there were more choices for the West Coast cruises!!! But, I agree that we could skip Ensenada......ah well, just another day on the boat!!!

I'm a little disappointed in 4 and 5 nighters to Cabo and Ensenada...I'd rather have them miss Ensenada entirely and do 7 nighters instead...but differentiating them from the LA-based cruises by using an itinerary similar to what HAL does...visiting Topolobampo (Gateway to Copper Canyon), Loreto and Pichilinque (La Paz) along with Cabo in some combination...

That would give us West Coasters a REAL alternative and save us repeated visits to Ensenada (Really...You can DRIVE from San Diego to Ensenada in under an hour!!!)...

I totally agree. I was hoping they would keep the Spirit out of San Diego for the 7/8 day cruises year round. Change up from the same old Matzatlan and PV. But love Cabo.... We did the Spirt to La Paz last year but that is only offered once a year.:( They just are not doing long cruises on the Fantasy class and smaller.

Oh well, love the Elation and love port of San Diego.

We originally booked the Inspiration out of Tampa for Sept. 24 2007 then was informed our cruise was cancelled due to the ship going into drydock. So, we decided to do the Elation out of Port Canaveral because it was leaving on the same dates as our original pick. I was REALLY looking forward to this cruise and now it might not happen at all?? I'm really depressed because I've heard such wonderful things about this ship. This is so frustrating :mad:

We originally booked the Inspiration out of Tampa for Sept. 24 2007 then was informed our cruise was cancelled due to the ship going into drydock. So, we decided to do the Elation out of Port Canaveral because it was leaving on the same dates as our original pick. I was REALLY looking forward to this cruise and now it might not happen at all?? I'm really depressed because I've heard such wonderful things about this ship. This is so frustrating :mad:

Don't loose hope yet LOL! They might replace your cruise with another great ship. Think positive!:)

Don't loose hope yet LOL! They might replace your cruise with another great ship. Think positive!:)

YAH! im hoping they replace it with another ship also! *thinks Positive*

This is my 1st cruise that could be cancelled or replaced with another ship..*HOPES FOR THE BEST* :D

-David.

Uncle Bob has been saying for some time that the Carribean market is too saturated, so it is a quandry of what their plans are.

Scenario 1 has them finally fixing the Sensation and have her take over the Elations route.

Scenario 2 has them abandoning P.R. and moving the Destiny.

Scenario 3 has them doing nothing.

All these scenarios are in my head, and not based on anything I have heard or read.

HUH!?

I'm sailing on the ELATION out of Port Canaveral, FL on SEPT 10th 2007!?!?! and she is in PC now..so will she move to CALI and then back to FL in 3 months time?

David.

:( Sorry, but Elation is not coming back to Fla. Carnival will book you an alternative cruise, Per the e-mail I received today.

If it makes you feel better they say "Sorry for this Inconvenience!"

Considering the entire Upper deck has already been booked for the Sept 24th sailing I'm sure they will put something in it's place.

Archived