will they check my purse as i go on board..

mary07054

After you board, your purse will go through the X-ray machine (along with any other packages). I would'nt think a bottle will show up, but if they want to confiscate any liquor, they'll give it back the last day of the cruise. Nancy

I have brought liquor on both in purse and packed in luggage. All have gone through scanner and nothing has ever been taken from me. I have never seen them confiscate liquor from anyone in 11 cruises.

I have brought liquor on both in purse and packed in luggage. All have gone through scanner and nothing has ever been taken from me. I have never seen them confiscate liquor from anyone in 11 cruises.

Generally, the only ones who have liquor confiscated are those that LEAVE IT in the Duty Free shopping bags.

When the clerk goes to put it in a bag, we always say no thanks and put the bottle directly into our back-pack.

No problemo, amigo :D

Well I for one have had a bottle of Baileys questioned and removed from our carry on luggage in Ft Lauderdale two years ago. :o Last year I put it in a plastic bottle and no questions asked. :p But, then discovered we could get it delivered by room service at just about the same price as we pay here at home. Soooo, never again will we bother to try to carry it on board. :D

In fact thanks to a suggestion made here on this board we will be ordering a bottle in advance as a gift so that it is in the cabin when we board the ship. The Princess link for pre-orders and prices is http://www.princess.com/onboard/sendagift/liquor.html

Larsen,

We ordered Jack Daniels through Princess Gifts for a Star Princess cruise this spring and it wasn't delivered until the 3rd day. We plan on using room service on our next cruise.

On other Princess cruises the liquor has arrived the first day.

Thinking about it, we had an whole "off" cruise on the Star Princess. It had just come out of drydock in April.

When you say that you are going to order room service, do you mean you are going to order a bottle or by the glass? When we order liquor on board to take home, we don't get it until the last day. I'm confused!

You can order a bottle from room service for consumption while on board. You can also get one from one of the bars (usually the lobby bar). When you buy it from the bar they add the 15% gratuity. Does anyone know if the automatically add the 15% with room service? It's probably a toss up as I would also tip for room service, but I'm curious.

Archived