Just Back-Infinity Oct. 22nd

Karynanne

We are just back from the Oct. 22nd cruise, Los Angeles R/T Hawaii.

This was our 3rd Hawaii cruise with Celebrity. 1st-Mercury, 2nd-Summit, and this one on Infinity.

I have loved them all, but really enjoyed this trip for many reasons.

First, the weather was outstanding...seas, extremely smooth, both going and coming back, and the food, very good.

Our service was terrific. For those of you that may have some concern regarding the condition of Infinity...the ship is in excellent condition. Apparently during the recent dry-dock (pod issues), quite a lot of soft goods were repaired, and one very exciting addition was added.

In the area between the Martini Bar and the Champagne Bar, the area that was previously a mezzanine area (looking down onto the Rendezvous Lounge, has now been filled in, and a beautiful baby grand piano has been added. This had made this area more of a elegant cocktail lounge area now. Lovely piano music is played each evening during cocktail times, and it really has enhanced the whole experience. Instead of listening to the music from the lounge below, you can now have your own cocktail venue. We found this a fantastic addition.

Halloween was celebrated onboard, and our group of 8 came in 2nd! We all were dressed as characters from Gilligan's Island...your's truly was Maryanne, complete with pigtails. The younger cruisers had to think a bit to get who we were, but everyone a little older than 40 really "got it"!!

Our cabin was #7208. We have had this Aft cabin on the other M-class ships, and really enjoy it...especially during the warm days from island to island. There's nothing like a Hawaiian sunset....

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Karyn

Welcome home Karyn! The change between the Martini and Champagne Bars sounds wonderful. I remember not being able to talk because of the loud music coming from the Rendezvous Lounge. I hope they're doing that on all the Millie class!

We can't wait to see pictures.

Garry

I sometimes envy people who live on the west coast because, with the exception of Europe, they are closer to ports which offer the best cruises.

Sky Sweet, I was really pleased to try Europe this year for the first time and it was good to get home without the jet lag! Strange that I haven't tried it before, but was glad I did. A flight to the West Coast USA is a long way for me, but having seen San Diego, it's still worth it. I had to cancel a Hawaii cruise this year for health reasons and was very disappointed. I'll work it back into the plans somehow:)

Phil

Hi Karyn - Thanks for the update on the Infinity. We are trying to "replan" our Hawaii cruise that we had to cancel last January because of my knee surgery. We are looking at the Summit and the Infinity for this spring.

We have been doing a few TA's and decided to change to Hawaii. :)

Hi Phil - glad to see you on the boards. It was just about a year ago we were on the Mercury. I can walk much better now. :D

Hope all is well with both of you.

Sandy

Hi Phil - glad to see you on the boards. It was just about a year ago we were on the Mercury. I can walk much better now. :D

Sandy, great to see you too and I'm pleased to hear that the knee is betterBig-Thumbs-Up.gif Hard to believe Mercury Amigos was a year ago, isn't it? I hope you get that Hawaii cruise sorted out soon.

Phil

Archived