New Le Bistro Menu

jentroubles

What are your thoughts on the new LeBistro Menu?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the new LeBistro Menu?

• Chicken with Oyster Sauce? Sure, I welcome something new!
    • Waaah! I want my signature dishes back! Filet and Fondue forever!
    • Ala Cagney's I'd be willing to pay a premium for my filet and/or fondue!
    • Le Bistro?? Le What? I eat at Le Buffet anyway.

Ummmm....it may be a new menu, but I clearly see filet!

Braised Short Rib and [B]Grilled Beef Tenderloin[/B]

and on the menu for two:

[B]Chateaubriand[/B] (Center cut Tenderloin of Beef)

Lobster & Scallop Martini? Escargot (theirs is excellent!) Plus Rack of Lamb?

The Chocolate Fondue was enjoyable, but we can definitely go without that.

LOL! We'll be going to Le Bistro! No doubt! LOL!

[quote name='AuntieBarb']Ummmm....it may be a new menu, but I clearly see filet!

Braised Short Rib and [B]Grilled Beef Tenderloin[/B]

and on the menu for two:

[B]Chateaubriand[/B] (Center cut Tenderloin of Beef)

Lobster & Scallop Martini? Escargot (theirs is excellent!) Plus Rack of Lamb?

The Chocolate Fondue was enjoyable, but we can definitely go without that.

LOL! We'll be going to Le Bistro! No doubt! LOL![/quote]

Ditto!

And, I don't have to shop for it/prepare it/cook it:)

Le Bistro has the [B]best [/B]escargot! The ONLY place DH will order it;)

Looks great to me! We had chateaubriand the night PE proposed to me.:D

The menu's been the same since Le Bistro was introduced on the Norway. I'm up for a change.

I hope the mushroom soup is the same, though, even though it's named a little differently. I wonder if I can substitute that for the French Onion on the chef's menu (even though that's also delicious).

We can still look at it! :D

[IMG]http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/60/filetun4.jpg[/IMG]

I'm looking forward to the Chateaubriand on the Dawn next week..... I will definitely have the mushroom soup in the bread bowl a few times. Yum....

[quote name='angeljt']We can still look at it! :D

I'm looking forward to the Chateaubriand on the Dawn next week..... I will definitely have the mushroom soup in the bread bowl a few times. Yum....[/quote]

You are mean:mad: - I could eat that 3 times on a cruise - never understood the fascination with mediocre frozen lobster on a ship.

I'm looking forward to the Chateaubriand on the Dawn next week..... I will definitely have the mushroom soup in the bread bowl a few times. Yum....[/quote]On your return, PLEASE give us a detailed report on Le Bistro for the rest of us poor souls!

And...yes, you ARE mean!:) I think I'll go have my PPJ now.:o

[quote name='shoreguy']You are mean:mad: - I could eat that 3 times on a cruise - never understood the fascination with mediocre frozen lobster on a ship.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BarbCT605']On your return, PLEASE give us a detailed report on Le Bistro for the rest of us poor souls!

And...yes, you ARE mean!:) I think I'll go have my PPJ now.:o[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean Barb & Shoreguy. I could eat it 3 times also!!! If we want lobster, better to have it here in the New England area where we get the real deal. Warm water, frozen lobster just doesn't cut it!
Jackie

I'm looking forward to the Chateaubriand on the Dawn next week..... I will definitely have the mushroom soup in the bread bowl a few times. Yum....[/quote]

And here I have to wait three weeks to enjoy it:( .

[quote name='BarbCT605']On your return, PLEASE give us a detailed report on Le Bistro for the rest of us poor souls!

And...yes, you ARE mean!:) I think I'll go have my PPJ now.:o[/QUOTE]

I will give you a detailed report when we return.
PBJ sounds good to me!!! I might have one myself tonight.... :)
Jackie

You're killing me here!!!!

We at at Le Bistro last night & enjoyed it immensely. I absolutely loved the short ribs & tenderloin, although the short rib portion of the meal was better than the other piece of beef.

You can get the chocolate fondue - it is not on the menu & they will not mention it to you, but if you ask you can have it - I did & it was delicious!!

[quote name='missjanet']We at at Le Bistro last night & enjoyed it immensely. I absolutely loved the short ribs & tenderloin, although the short rib portion of the meal was better than the other piece of beef.

[I][B]You can get the chocolate fondue - it is not on the menu & they will not mention it to you, but if you ask you can have it - I did & it was delicious!![/B][/I][/quote]

Good to know. I wonder if this is the same on the Spirit, as I'll be on the Feb 24th sailing.....

Yes, I'm fond of a filet. But since I started cruising, I have found every lamb dish more tender than the filet. Every lamb dish. In my small town its impossible to get lamb at any restaurant, so I always look forward to a lamb dish on a cruise.

In my opinion Le Bistro has finally gone totally French. Its impossible to dine on fine French cusine in my small town. Every one of the menu items on the new menu will be something I can't find here. Great! Besides, the filet is still on the menu, its just being cooked with another French recipe.

Most of NCL's chefs are from Europe. Continental cusine is not the same as an American steak house. If you wish to dine on American style steaks, go to Cagneys.

I would never expect to be served a Chocolate Fondue in any French restaurant in America. It appears French desserts are now on Le Bristo's menu.

From my point of view, the new menu is great! And its about time too.

My mother always told me to try different dishes, whether French, Italian, German, Swedish, British, Spanish, Mexican, Indian, Japanese, or Chinese. Too many Americans haven't a clue what fine cusine is. All they want is beef.(sic)

Its not the new menu that is the problem, its narrow minded people.

" Its not the new menu that is the problem, its narrow minded people."

Wow, kinda harsh. I also love Indian, Thai, Mexican, etc. food but not everyone else does. Just because some folks prefer steak doesn't make them narrow-minded. Maybe picky, maybe fussy, maybe not very adventurous in dining, but NOT narrow-minded, IMO.

Archived