New LEGEND 8-Day Menu - Rolled out ~ 2weeks ago!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Thanks for posting that! I am getting so excited! July seems so far away but it will not be too long!

You still need to stop by, and pay a visit, to the July 1st, 2007 Legend Roll Call! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=8271860

It will be here before you know it!!!

Tom

Menu looks wonderful! Did you recently get off the ship? What were your thoughts, leaving in a few weeks like to hear a recent review:cool:

No, we are sailing on the Western route in EIGHT DAYS, and hopefully somebody who got off today will post all the details!

It is going to be tough deciding on which nights to eat in the Golden Fleece, as this new dining room menu is quite tempting!

Tom

No, we are sailing on the Western route in EIGHT DAYS, and hopefully somebody who got off today will post all the details!

It is going to be tough deciding on which nights to eat in the Golden Fleece, as this new dining room menu is quite tempting!

Tom

No kidding. So tell us when you get back. And take care of my cabin, 56 days and counting.:D

Jess

Since they have new dining room menus... did the Lunch and Room Service menus change also? Just being curious. Also are these fleet wide?

No idea on the other menus - between CHEESEBURGERS and the LIDO BUFFET we NEVER eat lunch in the dining room anyway!

As far as being fleet wide, I would guess that several of the selections will show up on other ships. After I commented to the Maitre d' that I did not care for the "new" Georges Blanc escargot (when we sailed on the Sensation a couple of weeks ago) he informed me that changes were taking place and the "old" escargot dish was coming back.. YES!!!!

Now if they could just bring back Gravlaks and the Long Island Roast Duckling...!

Tom

:eek: Yummy!!! Such a bad time to read this though...I have not had supper yet.

It all looks so wonderful and some unique dishes also!?

I really am hoping that this menu will be the same for the Spirit?

I thought maybe so, because the Legend is also a Spirit Class Ship:confused:

Would anybody have an idea if this is so?

OMG!! This is going to be sooooo tasty!

We were on the Legend the first week that they came out with the new menu. I am hoping that the taste of the food will get better as they prepare the menu more, because we were not overly impressed with any meal. If you order the fish, most nights this was the best item. The NY strip steak, I believe that was served on one of the first few nights, was very bland. The duck was very good, prime rib was OK- nothing great. The desert menu was very disappointing- nothing was "wow". We found the food in the dining room to be a disappointment compared to other Carnival cruises that we have been on. Also the servers seemed to be very off and sloppy. We switched tables a few days into our cruise, due to some seating problems on another table. We were hoping for a better waiter, but the new one was not great either. I am wondering if the new menu had something to do with our service.

We ate in the dining room for lunch most of the week, mainly because of the crowds in the buffet lines-(plus we tend to eat less in the dining room). We found most of the lunches to be good. I usually went with the spa menu, which was very good. We enjoyed lunch in the dining room I think more than dinner.

Are these posted in the order they are used on the ship? I'm trying to decide which night to go to the Golden Fleece :)

I would guess that D71 is followed by D72, and D73, etc... but I don't know where the "odd" one fits in to that mix... I will in a few days!!!

Tom

Hubby and I are planning to go to Nick and Nora's one night on our cruise next year. I am looking at the menu now. Under the "Starters" it lists the appetizers and soups together. Would we be able to have an appetizer and a soup or is it just one from that category? Also, under the side dishes do they allow you only one choice of a potato OR a veggie or would I be able to have both? That menu sure does look good!!!! :D

Archived