Need to choose a cabin on the Dawn...HELP!!!

Jamaicamecrazy13

I am going to book on the Dawn for 7-7-07 for our 5th anniversary, and we are going to go with an inside cabin so we have more of our budget to spend during our week on the ship. We don't anticipate needing the room other than to crash at night, so the only concern we have is noise and rocking. We also want a location that is fairly easy access to dining, etc. Any thoughts or suggestions? We're fairly new to cruises...we have mostly done all-inclusives in the past.:) Thanks a bunch!!!

I am going to book on the Dawn for 7-7-07 for our 5th anniversary, and we are going to go with an inside cabin so we have more of our budget to spend during our week on the ship. We don't anticipate needing the room other than to crash at night, so the only concern we have is noise and rocking. We also want a location that is fairly easy access to dining, etc. Any thoughts or suggestions? We're fairly new to cruises...we have mostly done all-inclusives in the past.:) Thanks a bunch!!!

The Riviera Deck is wonderfully convenient to the pool and the Horizon Court, and a short elevator ride to the main areas of the ship. That deck is surprisingly quiet. I would book a cabin as close to the elevators and stairs as possible......it is not noisy.

Any cabin near those front elevators would be convenient, in my opinion. I am going on the Dawn for the first time in January, but have been on the Sun, which is the twin of the Dawn. If you are on a deck other than the Riviera Deck, near those elevators, you will also be near the laundramat, so can take fewer clothes.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise..............we celebrated our 40th on our last cruise.....................and it was a wonderful way to celebrate. Don't pass up going to the Newlywed Game........or if you are REALLY brave, volunteer to participate in the Newlywed Game! :)

DesrtDrmr is giving good advise. Inside cabins located between other

passenger decks that are also mid-ships (or near stairs/elevators) would

be the most quiet, as well as being less subject to less pitch (up and down movement). Oh course you know that you must pick out your cabin and

not book GTY to be assured of the location. Have a good cruise!

Hi Poohisme2,

The Star Princess is a sister ship to the Grand and the Golden, in the Grand Class. The Sun, Dawn, and Sea and sisters in the Sun Class. The Ocean was another sister in the Sun Class, but has since been sold. The Island and the Coral are also designated as Sun Class, but they are twins to one another, and not really the same as the other Sun Class ships.

I think that if you check the deck plans of the Star and the Dawn, you'll find them quite different.

They are all wonderful, though, with their own personalities. The Sun Class has only two banks of elevators, fore and aft.

Happy cruising!

OK, I see the confusion.................Norwegian Cruise Lines and Princess BOTH have ships named Star and Dawn.

Star Princess, Dawn Princess, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Star. Sorry to sound like a know-it-all Poohisme..........:o

Jamaicamecrazy13, what cruise line are you going on?

We were on the Dawn in September on Baja deck, cabin 322 and I must say it was the tiniest room we'd ever booked. Since it was only 1 night (Seattle to Vancouver), there wasn't much room to walk with the luggage in the way. Couldn't unpack and stow the luggage. The following cruise on the Coral was also an inside room, but a little bigger, Baja 529. There was some noise in the walls that sounded like a swoosh and/or humming noise. Figured out we were two decks below the Lotus Pool with no cabins above us on Aloha deck. Wasn't terrible, I guess, since we like a little white noise when we sleep. And it was only 3 days since it was a repositioning cruise. But it is something to look for when you book, what is above, below, and on either side, as well as across the hall.

Princess cruiselines as well as Norwegian cruiselines have ships named the Dawn. The Dawn Princess is in the sun class and is a good sized ships with very comfortable rooms throughout. We have stayed on the Baja, Caribe and Rivieria decks and have never had a problem with any of these rooms. All were very similar, not particularly spacious, but comfortable. The one on the Rivieria deck (forward) was our favorite as it was so close to everythinhg, but still quiet enough to get a good night sleep.

This is not a very spectatular class of ship, but very enjoyable with a lot of comforts you may not find on the mega class ships.

Just got off the Dawn Princess on Nov 9th. Our cabin was outside on Riviera Deck, but had friends staying inside in Riviera 318, which was quite spacious.

I definitely concur with DsrtDrmr....Riviera Deck is very quiet, close to the pool decks and buffet, as well as easy access via elevator to the rest of the ship. And there's no noise from those outside decks either, which we thought there might be.

We now prefer the Riviera Deck and have booked it whenever possible on the Dawn or Sun Princess. Compared to many of the other inside cabins which can be dinky, those Rivieras are pretty roomy and nice....the insides ones that run across the width of the deck (as in the middle part of an "H"). Hope that makes sense...:rolleyes: check a deck plan if I'm not describing location clearly.

Happy to answer any other Dawn Princess questions. :)

Archived