Got the secret 9043 cabin for Hawaii Christmas!!

twobluecats

Yeah! I just can't contain my excitement and the cruise isn't until 2007! We LUV the concierge class rooms, but generally stay mid to aft. However, I've read so many positives about the location of this cabin and the larger verandah that I couldn't pass it up! Now, if only a true aft cabin would open up for our Panama March 2007 cruise!

Anyone happen to have pictures of 9043?

Here is a photo that has been posted on other threads showing the angled balconies on the Millennium class ships. I believe the photo is of Infinity. The photo shows the starboard side (9038, 8046, 7080, and 6048). 9043 is on the port side, but would otherwise be the same. We've booked 8046 for a cruise on Connie in 2008 :) .

Infinity1.jpg

Yeah - post number 100!

Not sure I understand the comments about not being able to see forward and no privacy. It looks to me like the "base" part of the balcony is exactly like every other balcony on the side of the ship. Which would seem to make its forward view and privacy no better or no worse than any other cabin (afts excepted of course).

The only part that is different is the additional pie/wedge portion (that extends beyond the base portion) that makes it a bigger balcony with extra space for a lounger. Now, that "wedge" might not have as much privacy because it extends beyond the other balconies. But that doesn't effect the privacy of the "base" part of the balcony......:)

Am I missing something here? :confused:

We've been in 8046 on the Millennium and the balcony is wonderful. Though part of it might be exposed to others the advantages are many. It is much bigger and allows for an extra couple of chairs, and a chaise lounge. You can see forward if you are at the rail, which from my memory of many cruises, is the only place you can really see forward from most balconies.....in fact, these wedged balconies probably cut off the forward view from others who are behind you. Because of the shape, the wind on this balcony was greater reduced....this means that sitting out there while the ship is moving is very calm and won't blow you about....especially nice when eating on your balcony. While just sitting on the balcony it seems like you are in an aft balcony only better, instead of just a rear view, you get the side view too.

I would book one of these cabins again in a heartbeat. You will love it.

Thanks to Tranquil Waters, Desertbelle, nmtraveler (by the way, DW and I lived in Roswell for two years) for the the comments on the advantages of the angled balcony cabins. They may not be for everyone, but we are pretty sure we are going to love it when we sail on Connie. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that twobluecats will be pleased with 9043 as well.

Thanks to Tranquil Waters, Desertbelle, nmtraveler . . . for the the comments on the advantages of the angled balcony cabins. They may not be for everyone, but we are pretty sure we are going to love it when we sail on Connie. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that twobluecats will be pleased with 9043 as well.

In addition to the comments, pro and con, in view of the photo posted by amarillocruisecat, we look forward to cabin #8045 on our Millennium Trans-Atlantic next March.

In addition to the comments, pro and con, in view of the photo posted by amarillocruisecat, we look forward to cabin #8045 on our Millennium Trans-Atlantic next March.

Connie #8045 is our cabin for Ultimate Caribbean Feb. 2008. We selected deck 8 because we were not sure if the large support beams that come from the upper decks to deck 9 would impact the view from deck 9 or not. So we just decided to play it safe and book below it.

We had 9038 on Infinity on our Hawaiian cruise 10/05 and 8046 on Summit on our cruise/tour 6/06. They are wonderful balconies.:D We enjoyed 9038 so much we deliberately chose 8046. We had a table, 2 chairs and a chaise lounge. We had absolutely no problem with lack of privacy and had a breathtaking view of the Hubbard Glacier from the balcony. I would save the money and book those cabins again rather than a CC. I'd book the CC if I could get 6135, 36, 43, 44 or an aft. You will love it!!:)

We're off on Millenium's TA 11/24. Got such a great deal on an OV guarantee that we took the deal and let the balcony go.

Here's to blue skies and calm seas.

Arlenedow

I love reading these positive comments here..especially on

cabin #9043. We have this cabin on a b2b on the MILLENNIUM

next March, for 2 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, an eastern

Caribbean, and, a T/A. We will be calling it base for over 21 days....

Hey Bengoshi..you know who will be making all the noise

above you for your T/A next March, don't ya? ;)

I love reading these positive comments here..especially on cabin #9043. We have this cabin on a b2b on the MILLENNIUM

next March, for 2 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, an eastern

Caribbean, and, a T/A. We will be calling it base for over 21 days....

Hey Bengoshi..you know who will be making all the noise

above you for your T/A next March, don't ya? ;)

Hey Gary and Susan:

Make all the noise you want on the Millennium T/A, FLL to Southampton, above CC #8045. We have swapped for an aft corner FV, #7199. And welcome aboard my law partner, Julie Biggs and her husband Jerry, who will be in CC #8045, one deck below you.

Archived