Oosterdam repair saga continues

DAllenTCY

Cruznon-

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

I buried my mom a couple of years ago at the age of 86. T'was the biggest emotional wrench that I've ever endured. A day doesn't go by that I don't "talk" to her. :(

I'm sad for you, honey.

Thank you Sean, Gary, Ruth and Copper. I've alway found being at sea a wonderful experience, so I really look forward to being on my favorite ship once again.

So a little extra vibration??? Nothing to worry about...

Sean, I'm anxious to hear about your trip on the Oopsterpodam! I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Well it would have to take a LOT to ruin a cruise for me.:)

I have an email into my TA to see if they can get any more info. I read the same info you did.

Thanks San Diego Single - hopefully your TA will be able to clarify this for us. Of course, we're booked for a cruise in mid January - so my interests are purely selfish. I had thought about changing to the Diamond Princess, but when I heard about the April dates - decided to stay with HAL.

I think that bardgal (of the very entertaining spoiledprincess thread) may have the current lowdown on this. Anyone else notice that the January 20th sailing is currently not available for booking on the HAL website?

We are booked on the January 13th cruise (along with San Diego Cruzer) and I have a call in to our TA for more information.

Gak! I am booked on the Jan. 27th cruise. If that thread is correct and they are looking at 2 weeks then one of us may be getting some bad news. I hope not - I'm not too worried about myself, but I am cruising with a group that includes one cruise newbie and one person who has only been on 1 other cruise - and it was terrible. This could put them off cruising entirely. Hopefully HAL can figure this out far enough in advance for everyone to make other arrangements.

Sorry to raise this thread again - but I read on another thread that there may possibly be a change in when HAL will repair the azipod. Has anyone else heard anything? I had thought it was going to be in April, but the other thread mentioned possibly January.

Thanks for any updates.

where did you read this ---what thread---thanks

lougee, it's the thread by bardgal- a very good "live" review of her current cruise.

I liked the part that said:

"somehow it was partially fixed this morning which will slightly ease the burden of the one working so hard."

That sounds encouraging....

Maybe the lame Azipod is doing some work now. That might mean better speed = less vibration and more time in Cabo??? ;)

Gak! I am booked on the Jan. 27th cruise. If that thread is correct and they are looking at 2 weeks then one of us may be getting some bad news.

And I'm booked on the 20th. Let's hope the drydock continues in April as planned! We have a group booked on the 20th. Let's hope Santa fixes the Azpiod for Christmas....!

And I'm booked on the 20th. Let's hope the drydock continues in April as planned! We have a group booked on the 20th. Let's hope Santa fixes the Azpiod for Christmas....!

I see my online TA also is not allowing booking on that date, but I can on other dates.

I don't think a final decision has been made on when the drydock will be, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

I see my online TA also is not allowing booking on that date, but I can on other dates.

I don't think a final decision has been made on when the drydock will be, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

I just checked the HAL website and they aren't allowing bookings on the 1/13/07 cruise now either!

As we are booked on the Jan 20 cruise for my 50th we have been watching very closely how this will play out. I just went onto Expedia and looked at the Jan cruises for the O and found that the 1st cruise in Jan (Jan 6 I think) looks sold out, there are still Oceanview available for the 13th, the 20th looks to be sold out and the 27th still has all categories available. I'm thinking if they need 2 weeks the 13th and the 27th wouldn't have bookings still available and the Jan 20 cruise is just sold out. I know I'm speculating and generally a very patient person, but I have all my fingers and toes crossed that they choose to wait until their repositioning in April to take care of the problem. I wish they would announce a final decision soon so we can all either come up with a plan B or continue shopping for the cruise!!!!

gogofun my wife and i are also on the Jan 13th cruise. I did a check with DHL to see if the cruise packet had been sent. it has been. I thinkthat is a good sign that everything is still on. I may be wrong. I too am hoping they are able to get this repaired as quickly as possible. i would think that a real worry would be the apizod having trouble.

Hope to meet you on board.

Archived