Advice on making Pinnacle Grill Reservations?

wgeddings

I will be leaving on the Veendam this coming Saturday (Nov 18). We want to eat at the Pinnacle Grill and were given gift certificates to eat there by our TA. I have never eaten there before and have read much about it but I was hoping someone would have some quick and specific advice about making reservations.

I need to know where I go to make the reservations? We will be on the Veendam but I am sure her sister ships would be similar even if the Vista class and R class ships are different (which I do not know). Also, I will try to get there as quickly as I can and we plan to board early so please let me know if the reservations desk is open when boarding is allowed or if it only opens after 1:30.

I know that it is possible to make reservations ahead of time but with gift certificates like these, you cannot make them ahead of time. I have called Ships Services and double checked that so no need to discuss that option.

Any specifics about when and where would be greatly appreciated.

I was just on a Vista class ship and I tried to call the Pinnacle several times to make a reservation soon after I got on board and they never answered.

I finally went there in person around 3:30 and they only had 2 slots open on the day (Wednesday) I wanted to eat there.

So I would suggest you go in person to make the reservation asap.

On our recent Maasdam trip, there was someone in the Pinnacle on embarkation day making reservations. There might even have been a blurb with times in the daily program (I know there was a time & location for the maitre d' to make regular dining room changes...)

There will be someone at the Pinnacle from the time you board. I suggest that even if you have reservations you check on them. On our last cruise they had no record of us but it was all cleared up by the next day after they talked to Seattle.

cheers

Call Ship Services for your SHip at HAL

1-877-SAIL HAL

Thats the easiest way ask for a confirmation number too.:cool:

I will be leaving on the Veendam this coming Saturday (Nov 18). We want to eat at the Pinnacle Grill and were given gift certificates to eat there by our TA. I have never eaten there before and have read much about it but I was hoping someone would have some quick and specific advice about making reservations.

I need to know where I go to make the reservations? We will be on the Veendam but I am sure her sister ships would be similar even if the Vista class and R class ships are different (which I do not know). Also, I will try to get there as quickly as I can and we plan to board early so please let me know if the reservations desk is open when boarding is allowed or if it only opens after 1:30.

I know that it is possible to make reservations ahead of time but with gift certificates like these, you cannot make them ahead of time. I have called Ships Services and double checked that so no need to discuss that option.

Any specifics about when and where would be greatly appreciated.

Call Ship Services for your SHip at HAL

1-877-SAIL HAL

Thats the easiest way ask for a confirmation number too.:cool:

OP said he has a Gift Certificate for the PG. HAL does NOT accept specific reservations with a GC until you are on the ship, as OP found out and put in his post, as many others have done.

When we boarded the Westerdam last week, we went directly to the Pinnacle Grill to make our reservations (before we were allowed to go to our room). Also,they will be able to tell you when the formal nights are in the main dining room, so you may or may not want to miss a formal night (I assume you are going for 7 nights....thus 2 formal nights in the dining room).

Thanks Peaches. I figured someone would suggest ships services so I did try to make it clear that I had already tried that route.

:D You couldn't have been more clear in your OP than you were. The problem is some people just read the subject line and maybe half of a post and then reply. Then we are off to the race of misinformation.

Have a wonderful cruise. You'll love the Veendam and the PG.

Archived