Price went up

geojobes

I booked my next cruise while aboard the Empress in May. It is a 9 night Eastern Carribbean in Oct 2007 on Grandeur. I've been checking the price online. It has gone up twice. Does this mean it is filling up? Or are they just raising prices? I would think it is too early to be filling up.

I know there is less competition out of Baltimore (and less cruises!) than Florida, so maybe it is filling up. What do you guys think?

I booked my next cruise while aboard the Empress in May. It is a 9 night Eastern Carribbean in Oct 2007 on Grandeur. I've been checking the price online. It has gone up twice. Does this mean it is filling up? Or are they just raising prices? I would think it is too early to be filling up.

I know there is less competition out of Baltimore (and less cruises!) than Florida, so maybe it is filling up. What do you guys think?

My guess is they are filling up. I also booked the Grandeur for November 2007 while on the FOS last month. Our price has gone up $450.00 per person:eek: and now there are no balcony cabins available as of today. I am thinking when it gets closer to final payment time next year this might change. Just my 2 cents worth.

That's what I had been observing, too, truffles, until my Monarch May '07 cruise took a nosedive.

I am now in an OV cabin for LESS than I had been paying for a Deck 2 interior, even though I had a coupon for the interior but none for the OV!

(now, if only I could get them to honor the coupon on the changed booking........... :))

Patty, I had used a coupon on that Monarch cruise, that was only in the mailed coupons, not online.

It was good for bookings made by October 31 2006 ONLY.

I booked the interior during October, and they took the $35 off.

When the price went down last week, I wanted to switch my booking to an OV for less money.

My CSR, whose name I am not allowed to mention or I am thrown off CC :eek: , could not get RC to just make my reservation for the lower price in a different cabin; in order to get the "new", lower price, he had to cancel my first reservation and get me the new, cheaper OV under a new booking number. (Of course, my deposit stayed with RC with no problem; there was no nonsensical refunding and re-charging. I cannot IMAGINE what *someone* else's TA was doing with that garbage!)

So I lost the coupon, which would have been $75 for the OV!

So, I would love to find another coupon. That's what I'm looking for .............. a coupon for my Monarch 5/21/07 sailing.

There is one for my Explorer 8/12/07 sailing, but it's also for new bookings only, and the price has increased by $250 for my three passengers! (not to mention that for us it's a B2B and I need to keep my same cabin)

Ok, anyone have one of the (in)famous FRIEND coupons? I'll send you my Diamond C&A pin for it.................. hee hee hee hee hee

Carol :D

Oh OK. I just went through that nasty cancelling, rebooking into same cabins, new booking numbers and so on, in order to use the "online" coupons within their restrictive booking dates in September. It took like 2 hours and 3 different departments. :D We are bringing mom & friend on their first cruise and have 2 cabins booked.

I have the mailed coupons too, and nothing for Monarch. Sorry. Only 4 nights are Enchantment & Navigator in 2007. I'm so sorry that I can't help you, Carol.:o

-Patti:)

Archived