Cruise director on Freedom

voyages

Hi, does anyone know if Richard Spacey is the Cruise Director on the Freedom. I had heard he was supposed to be on the Freedom sometime in december. He is my favorite cruise director.

Voyages

Just got off Freedom and the CD was Abe (something). Sorry, can't remember his last name. He was pretty good.

Isn't that Ken Rush's right-hand man? Hmmm, wonder what happened to Ken.

T

i heard Abe was filling in for Ken while he was away, but not for very long. Ken SHOULD be back..but hey who really knows. Good to see you back around here Tracy =)

T-minus 5 for ya.

He is off for meetings on who the best of the best of RCI will be to board Liberty with Ken & train the new hires. Then they all go our wiith Akers for the trial run of the ship like a 2 weeks cruise to nowhere testing pods, stabilizers so they look for bad weather & waves & if anything isn't perfect they goto Germany for drydock repair. If all is fine, the hires are working great, then they are off for a vacation cruise of 2 weeks as the ship has minor stuff done, and crew gets waited on for dinner, rooms are cleaned, and then they are placed in their 2 to a room setup for the 6 month contract. Those not making it are released to go home. Any more new hires needed board & are trained. Then the ship is ready, crew is ready, the best of the best get to be customers for another cruise to nowhere. This way they know all is 100%. Then it is pre-inagural time with press, TA's from various countries who are invited to cruise from Norway to Germany, then Germany to UK, then UK to NYC and then to Miami for paid customers. These are a week stop for TA's, media, all to see & experience the ship. They get everything for FREE. Haircuts, facials, spa, booze, specialty restaurants, etc ALL FREE! My TA stated it was unreal what they all got.

Ken Rush is the boss, and he answers to the Captain which probably will be Captain Wright as Freedom had who is VP of Mariner Dept (whatever his title is). Then he has entertainers also boarding at various pprts & let one miss a flight & no show & pissed folks. So then the onboard entertainers take over. He has one tough job & doing quite well. Abe was great doing everything else that Ken wasn't. So I knew he'd make a great CD for future use. I understood he was getting Freedom but he may move to Liberty with Ken.

So he is on Freedom til January when Ken is on vacation til February when he boards Liberty to get the show on the road. He plans to be a month ahead of Freedom's release.

He is off for meetings on who the best of the best of RCI will be to board Liberty with Ken & train the new hires. Then they all go our wiith Akers for the trial run of the ship like a 2 weeks cruise to nowhere testing pods, stabilizers so they look for bad weather & waves & if anything isn't perfect they goto Germany for drydock repair. If all is fine, the hires are working great, then they are off for a vacation cruise of 2 weeks as the ship has minor stuff done, and crew gets waited on for dinner, rooms are cleaned, and then they are placed in their 2 to a room setup for the 6 month contract. Those not making it are released to go home. Any more new hires needed board & are trained. Then the ship is ready, crew is ready, the best of the best get to be customers for another cruise to nowhere. This way they know all is 100%. Then it is pre-inagural time with press, TA's from various countries who are invited to cruise from Norway to Germany, then Germany to UK, then UK to NYC and then to Miami for paid customers. These are a week stop for TA's, media, all to see & experience the ship. They get everything for FREE. Haircuts, facials, spa, booze, specialty restaurants, etc ALL FREE! My TA stated it was unreal what they all got.

Ken Rush is the boss, and he answers to the Captain which probably will be Captain Wright as Freedom had who is VP of Mariner Dept (whatever his title is). Then he has entertainers also boarding at various pprts & let one miss a flight & no show & pissed folks. So then the onboard entertainers take over. He has one tough job & doing quite well. Abe was great doing everything else that Ken wasn't. So I knew he'd make a great CD for future use. I understood he was getting Freedom but he may move to Liberty with Ken.

So he is on Freedom til January when Ken is on vacation til February when he boards Liberty to get the show on the road. He plans to be a month ahead of Freedom's release.

any idea when in January he is leaving?

Abe filled in for Ken while Ken was gone for 2 weeks. Ken is back now. Abe will not be staying on Freedom or going to Liberty. He is getting is own ship as cruise director. He told us which ship it was, but I can't remember now. I just know that it was one of the smaller older ones. Our Freedom cruise was Oct. 1st, and Abe told us he had 2 months left before moving to his new ship. So he should be just about done on Freedom now.

Abe filled in for Ken while Ken was gone for 2 weeks. Ken is back now. Abe will not be staying on Freedom or going to Liberty. He is getting is own ship as cruise director. He told us which ship it was, but I can't remember now. I just know that it was one of the smaller older ones. Our Freedom cruise was Oct. 1st, and Abe told us he had 2 months left before moving to his new ship. So he should be just about done on Freedom now.

yea i heard he was going to monarch or majesty...but i think majesty

yea i heard he was going to monarch or majesty...but i think majesty

Yes, I think you are right. I think it is Majesty. I would remember Monarch since I live in L.A. and I would love it if he was on Monarch. He is way better and much more entertaining than Ken.

Then it is pre-inagural time with press, TA's from various countries who are invited to cruise from Norway to Germany, then Germany to UK, then UK to NYC and then to Miami for paid customers. These are a week stop for TA's, media, all to see & experience the ship. They get everything for FREE. Haircuts, facials, spa, booze, specialty restaurants, etc ALL FREE! My TA stated it was unreal what they all got.

Having sailed as a guest of RCI on 3 pre-inaugurals as a D+ member, it is correct that the cruise, alcohol and tips are free of charge, but spa / salon services still have to be purchased at standard rates, and the specialty restaurant are usually closed.

Yes, I think you are right. I think it is Majesty. I would remember Monarch since I live in L.A. and I would love it if he was on Monarch. He is way better and much more entertaining than Ken.

I think hes actually on his way to the Rhapsody. At least thats what I was told.

We just got off on Sunday, and Abe was going to the Rhaposdy out of Galveston sometime this week. He was to be attending meetings this week in Miami. Abe was scheduled to be the CD on Liberty, but this opening came up so he was promoted early. Chris is the new assistant CD, fresh from the Explorer. He's great.

Ken Rush is the boss, and he answers to the Captain which probably will be Captain Wright as Freedom had who is VP of Mariner Dept (whatever his title is).

At our Meet and Mingle on the inaugural revenue sailing, Captain Wright indicated that he won't be back on a ship for three years. We all chuckled and commented on how neatly that fit in with the launch of Genesis. :) So, I doubt highly that he will be taking out Liberty.

I'll try to post from the ship next week about the CD. From the sounds of it, seems like KR will be back by then.

T

Wow, I just noticed Tim, Patrick and Jordan all on one thread. All my BOYZ in one spot all at the same time. Heaven! Too bad it's on a thread about KR. ROFL

T

Tracy anything i can do to please you makes me happy =)

thats meant in a very PG way lol

Wow, I just noticed Tim, Patrick and Jordan all on one thread. All my BOYZ in one spot all at the same time. Heaven! Too bad it's on a thread about KR. ROFL

T

And aren't you lucky you get to have KR again. Poor thing.

Isn't it interesting how we all keep proving a certain someone wrong on this thread? What is that all about?;)

Isn't it interesting how we all keep proving a certain someone wrong on this thread?

Just this one? I bet we can find others. ROFL

How ARE you??!!! Are you coming on Liberty?? C'mon, c'mon...you've gotta come!

hugs,

me

Archived