#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

Welcome Live From the Library IC, (2nd Try), 10 Min b/4 Dinner :)

6:05 PM Roma, Italy. Waiting for 55 Frankfurt PAXs missed connection, will be leaving 1.5 Hrs (About 7:30) late waiting for them. No Prob, short dist to do for Livorno at 7AM;) It's good to be Back on Princess, 6 Days in Rome ended up wearing us out, not resting us up:D We are more tired than we were when we landed in Rome last Friday at 8:30AM (15 Min ahead of Sch) Quick flt ATL NS to Rome 9 Hrs. Going to Dinner in the Donatello DR by the Window of course, picked a Nice table #103........ Later......

Bill LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!!!!

:)

Welcome Live From the Library IC, (2nd Try), 10 Min b/4 Dinner :)

6:05 PM Roma, Italy. Waiting for 55 Frankfurt PAXs missed connection, will be leaving 1.5 Hrs (About 7:30) late waiting for them. No Prob, short dist to do for Livorno at 7AM;) It's good to be Back on Princess, 6 Days in Rome ended up wearing us out, not resting us up:D We are more tired than we were when we landed in Rome last Friday at 8:30AM (15 Min ahead of Sch) Quick flt ATL NS to Rome 9 Hrs. Going to Dinner in the Donatello DR by the Window of course, picked a Nice table #103........ Later......

Bill LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!!!!

Hi Bill....

Waiting for you. Our other Golden "Live" got shut down last night, so this is just a continuation from the same ship, different fingers. I noted your comments about driving in Italy. Fun, huh? :)

Arlene

Bill & Irene,

Nice to hear from you...have been watching the Golden Cruise Cam and was wondering why you hadn't left port yet. Now know why. Enjoy your TA cruise and look forward to reading your posts.

How does the boat look after its mini overhaul? :rolleyes:

Leslie

Bill glad that you are on another cruise. Sorry that you got worn out befor the cruise. Once you get on the ship you will get recharged.

This time I got smart and Subscribe to the thread. That way I wount miss any thing.

Have a great time and cruise.

FryGirl

It'll be great cruising with you via the internet--won't be cruising for awhile--not 'til April--but, we got in 7 or 8 cruises since the first of this year--never knowing what's going to happen--very grateful for all those $100 deposits--we have a lot on the horizon--of course, we have had to cancel quite a few--but--not out of the cruising picture.

Have fun, both of you!!!!!!

Nancy:D

Have a nice relaxing cruise. Enjoy :)

Thank you!:) We Plan to, we are wiped out from 5 Days of Driving in Rome!

Wow, what a Crazy place to Drive. Even Most of the Locals I've talked to are afraid to Drive in Rome.:D My Best! Bill Live on the Golden!

:)

Hi Bill....

Waiting for you. Our other Golden "Live" got shut down last night, so this is just a continuation from the same ship, different fingers. I noted your comments about driving in Italy. Fun, huh?

Arlene

A, I'm sorry I'm late, got shut down on my first post attempt:mad: , and could not get back on another for hours, because I was "Still logged on"! & you know you don't get a Pruser in here During Embarkcation:( Yah, I noticed the shut down, at least they left it on much longer than they did with my Live from the Coral, & I'm Glad they did, Tony does a Super Job!:D

He's the Man! I'll give it my best for the next 17 Days! Thanks so checking in:) Bill LIVE on the Golden!

Ok, Here we go on our 17 Day TA, Rome to New Orleans!:) All PAX on board & the Channel is now clear, we will still arrive at 7AM, or sooner bc the distance is very short to Livorno, Italy;) Going to the Show now, tons of machines down & someone waiting for Mine, by the Window, Probably Tony's favorite Spot, Is it Tony, THe Window View one in the Library?

Later.............................. Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS AT SEA!!(fINALLY):D

Bill, why the library? What's with the computers in the big room? I sure hope they get their act together before we embark on March 8th. I would hate to have problems for 5 weeks! BTW, who's the CD? Hope it's not who I think it is. :)

Arlene

Bill & Irene,

Nice to hear from you...have been watching the Golden Cruise Cam and was wondering why you hadn't left port yet. Now know why. Enjoy your TA cruise and look forward to reading your posts.

How does the boat look after its mini overhaul?

Leslie

Thanks for checking in:) ! The Golden looks good for 5 1/2 Years of Service, Carpets have been Changed, Ship Hull has been repainted all Nice Fresh White, no Rubs yet!;) Reg Balc Cabin does not have the New Linen's yet, but I requested a Duvet, I'll see if he can find one?;) The Ship smells like Disinfectant from stem to stern:D One Crew member told me they scrubbed the ship for the whole week it was in dry dock. That should haven't taken care of that Noro, if it was still lingering from Tony's last Cruise.;) We had to sign a Health Certificate stating we have not had any Noro Symtoms the last 48 hours. They are really on the look out! The Ship looks real good so far, from my point of view, but We love the Coral & Island & Irene thinks it looks old to her? But she can't say why, for sure.

My Best! Bill

Bill glad that you are on another cruise. Sorry that you got worn out befor the cruise. Once you get on the ship you will get recharged.

This time I got smart and Subscribe to the thread. That way I wount miss any thing.

Have a great time and cruise.

FryGirl

Thank you & in a Day or two I'll be as good as New. Right now I can hardly walk,(My feet & legs just ache) as we walked the Colliseum, & all of Ancient Rome Yesterday, all those uneven stones, up & down, around & around for 6 hours, no food, no bread, no water:(! It was a Beautiful warm (68F) Sunny Day. Got several Hundred Great Photos:)

I'll spend another Day there again, I just love to walk where Julius Ceasar & Mark Antony & the Gang did, WOW!:eek: It's just hard to believe & that Colliseum is incredible, 50,000 to 70,000, Wow Bigger than Joe Robbie Stadium. in 79AD, Wow!:eek:

Thanks for coming along!

Bill LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!

It'll be great cruising with you via the internet--won't be cruising for awhile--not 'til April--but, we got in 7 or 8 cruises since the first of this year--never knowing what's going to happen--very grateful for all those $100 deposits--we have a lot on the horizon--of course, we have had to cancel quite a few--but--not out of the cruising picture.

Have fun, both of you!!!!!!

Nancy:D

This will be our last one until April also:(! But 17 Days yet:) Those $100 deposits & OBCs are great. I just split ours last time, got 1 for Irene & one for me. Used 1 plus $100 for for one cruise & 2 $150 OBCs & the other 1 plus $100 for another 2 $100 OBCs(12 Days) on another one. Didn't know you did not need to use both of them at the same time, I asked & they took one off of one booking 7 used it on another, plus $100, of course.;)

My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Bill,

Glad to have another thread to read from the Golden. Rude shock to find Tony's thread pulled. Let us know what changes you see from drydock. Hope you have a wonderful cruise......we did.

Judy

Yup, they will do that after your off the Ship,(& Not Live) They did it to me on the Live from the Coral, the day after I got off!:( So far Nothing to spectacular, other than the Painted Hull & Some New Carpet & Maybe some new Tables & chairs on the Pool Deck Area, I'll keep My Eye out!;)

Thanks for good wishes!

Bill

LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!

Bill, why the library? What's with the computers in the big room? I sure hope they get their act together before we embark on March 8th. I would hate to have problems for 5 weeks! BTW, who's the CD? Hope it's not who I think it is. :)

Arlene

Well the Library is more private,(Maybe not?) & a Nice window, I'm upstairs in the Big Room Now, as they are all Sick in the Library(3) & (19) in Big Room & side Room. They are going Down like Flies!:( I've been Killed twice already & Irene just left Mad again, second try on the Same eMail, Not a very happy camper!:mad: & Next to me the Man Just Banged the Table, Frozen in the middle of his eMail! I'm Next again I'm Afraid! Cut...........

Bill LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!

PS CD: The Singer David Cole:D & Frankie, His asstnt

Have a safe and fun voyage! You'll have to fill us in on the updates from the drydock. :) That's too bad about the pulled thread as it was an interesting read.

Thank you, Will Do more as I find it, Welcome aboard!:) Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Have a great cruise Bill and Irene. Wish I was there heading back to the States with you all, but I'm stuck in traffic here in Rome!

Vicki

Thank you for your Good Wishes!:) Please Don't mention the Traffic in Rome:D (I consider myself lucky with the 30Hrs plus Driving there, not to have any Damage to the Rental Car) Wow, what a Mad House!:D

Thanks again, for your Great Report on Egypt!;) We will be stopping there on our World Cruise in 2008 as we go thru the Suez canal, will keep your info on file until then, it's all printed out!

My Best!

Bill (Glad to be out of Roma Alive!):eek:

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

We are currently rocking gently as we head North to Livorno, the Cafe has 4 PAXs still in here at 11:30PM, some more Addicts I suspect!:D I'm beat & got to get some sleep, got a short tour tomorrow PM, will Post in the AM, with My Real Coffee & Pastries!;) Good Night from the Golden Live at Sea! Bill

Bill,

Tony's been trying to help me get the correct email address for my Thai room steward,Viharn. He wanted me to help him with his english and gave me his email address. I emailed him and got it back as nondeliverable. I feel terrible that he will think I've let him down. Tony gave me the contact for Golden but they haven't answered two requests. Now I seem to have lost Tony. Someone onboard must have a list of email contact for the crew. Viharn is home for two months and was very anxious to practice his english thru email correspondence with me. Any ideas are welcome.

Judy

Archived