#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

I'll be on the Golden in January, quick question, how many computers are in the computer room? Are they getting a lot of use, i.e. people having to wait in line? I have a laptop I can bring, but it's my desktop replacement that has a 17" screen and weighs over 12 pounds without the power supply. It gets heavy to drag around and since we'll be spending time in Rio and Buenos Aires before catching another cruise, I'm not sure I want to take it..........We get free internet on the Princess ships, but the last cruise we were on, there was a constant waiting line with some folks doing their E-Bay bidding :rolleyes:

Bill, I see you are continuing in Tony's excellent tradition of allowing your fellow CC'ers to cruise with you which we all appreciate. I too like Nancy won't be on a cruise until April at the earliest so will need these Live From threads to get my fill until that time. Many thanks...

Bill,

Tony's been trying to help me get the correct email address for my Thai room steward,Viharn. He wanted me to help him with his english and gave me his email address. I emailed him and got it back as nondeliverable. I feel terrible that he will think I've let him down. Tony gave me the contact for Golden but they haven't answered two requests. Now I seem to have lost Tony. Someone onboard must have a list of email contact for the crew. Viharn is home for two months and was very anxious to practice his english thru email correspondence with me. Any ideas are welcome.

Judy

Judy, I am still here!...I haven't received a response from the ship as of yet with the 3 emails I have. As soon as I hear anything I will let you know. The ship is probably very busy as today was Embarkation day and the first day of work after DryDock in Marseille.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Tony,

I am glad to know you're still there. I didn't realize how much pleasure I got from your Live report until they pulled it. I think you're right and they are busy.......hopefully a solution will come thru once things settle in.

I hope someone can just give me the opportunity to help Viharn with his english........he is an exceptional person.

I imagine you are adjusting to a bit more cold than we had on the Golden...........we certainly are.

Judy

Wow, 17 days on the Golden, I'm so jealous. We sailed the Med/Greek Isle cruise on 9/23 and had a fantastic trip. I had to laugh at your comments about Rome and being so tired - we did the same thing. But, I loved Rome. My feet were so sore and my ankles swelled up and looked like my Grandmothers!!!

I don't want to intrude on your vacation, but I have a favor if possible. The fine jewelry botique on the Golden had these beautiful Blue Zircon rings designed by a particular designer. For the life of me, I can't find the info. that I got on the rings. If you happen to pass the botique and could get the name of the ring designer and post it for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks! Have a great trip!

Hey Bill. You're back and already on page two. I will also be on the Golden in January, along with AcaCandy, and am anxious to hear how she is after her dry dock. You are a brave, brave man to drive in Rome.

By the way. . .anyone looking for Tony's post, I think it has just drifted back a few pages. So still there but closed to new posts. Here's the link to find it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=434704

Bill,

Thanks for starting this new thread, I'm looking forward to reading how your cruise is going everyday. I followed Tony's for his entire cruise and was very entertained and got alot of good information. My Mother and I will be on the Golden leaving Dec 16th from New Orleans, I'm really looking forward to it and it will be a really good relaxing vacation for her. This will be her Christmas Present, I have done this for her for the last two years and she's really enjoyed cruising. We have cruised Carnival, NCL, and now Princess. Our cruise's so far have been 7 days at most, but I am really interested in some of these repositioning cruises. They seem to be a good value for the money, especially if you enjoy the ship as much or more than you do the ports. Anyway, I look forward to reading your posts as we anticipate our trip.

One question for now, I am an avid reader and wanted to know a little about the Library on the Golden. Do they rent or loan out books? What is the selection like? Thanks. Hope you have a good day.

Danny

Bill,

Tony's been trying to help me get the correct email address for my Thai room steward,Viharn. He wanted me to help him with his english and gave me his email address. I emailed him and got it back as nondeliverable. I feel terrible that he will think I've let him down. Tony gave me the contact for Golden but they haven't answered two requests. Now I seem to have lost Tony. Someone onboard must have a list of email contact for the crew. Viharn is home for two months and was very anxious to practice his english thru email correspondence with me. Any ideas are welcome.

Judy

If it is possible, I will get it!;) What Room were you in & did he get off the ship 11/22? or When? (I'll go to the Area and ask several Stewarts, especially if any are Thai?, and if they were on with him?) Someone else has it, I'm sure, I'll Will Get it if they DO!:) THe Ship may not give it, if they do because of Personal Security, I would suspect:( But, I will follow up in that area also, OK? And get a definite answer from Princess. I'll wait a day first to see if you get a response or Tony's gets a Postive response, OK?

My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN

I'll be on the Golden in January, quick question, how many computers are in the computer room? Are they getting a lot of use, i.e. people having to wait in line? I have a laptop I can bring, but it's my desktop replacement that has a 17" screen and weighs over 12 pounds without the power supply. It gets heavy to drag around and since we'll be spending time in Rio and Buenos Aires before catching another cruise, I'm not sure I want to take it..........We get free internet on the Princess ships, but the last cruise we were on, there was a constant waiting line with some folks doing their E-Bay bidding

Hi,

There are 3 in the Library on Deck 5, 19 in the IC on deck 7. Don't take that monster(IMHO) I have a 17" also, too heavy to lug around & you Have to Pay $0.50/Min Regardless! People Come & people go quickly, some are addicts like Tony & I.;) If the Software behaved itself it would be no problem at all. However sometimes a lot are down & the Pruser is slow to take care of them as has been noted many times. They were Extra busy last night & afternoon, because of having to let family know back home the arrived safely. & still there was always on avail, upstairs, even with 7 or 8 out of order!:( I'm an eBay "Power Seller" & Buyer(:D ) MySelf, but I leave eBay alone on the Ships! They are just too Slowwwwwwwwwwww.:(

My Best! Bill

Bill, I see you are continuing in Tony's excellent tradition of allowing your fellow CC'ers to cruise with you which we all appreciate. I too like Nancy won't be on a cruise until April at the earliest so will need these Live From threads to get my fill until that time. Many thanks...

Thank you for your Kind words!:) This is it for me until April also, I enjoy doing this, & will be following Tony(Dec 17th) when I get off Dec 16th, until Tony & I meet;) on 4/24/07 in SYD for 22 Days together on the Pacific Princess:D Thanks for coming along! My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS

Wow, 17 days on the Golden, I'm so jealous. We sailed the Med/Greek Isle cruise on 9/23 and had a fantastic trip. I had to laugh at your comments about Rome and being so tired - we did the same thing. But, I loved Rome. My feet were so sore and my ankles swelled up and looked like my Grandmothers!!!

I don't want to intrude on your vacation, but I have a favor if possible. The fine jewelry botique on the Golden had these beautiful Blue Zircon rings designed by a particular designer. For the life of me, I can't find the info. that I got on the rings. If you happen to pass the botique and could get the name of the ring designer and post it for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your Comments!:) Will get that info today & Let you know this PM(my PM;) ). Thanks for coming along! Bill Live on the Golden

Bill,

One question for now, I am an avid reader and wanted to know a little about the Library on the Golden. Do they rent or loan out books? What is the selection like? Thanks. Hope you have a good day.

Danny

Danny, I'll answer the library question for you. Most of my time, when not on the computer, is spent reading. The ships' libraries all have a good assortment; some better than others. If you're looking for very current best sellers; no, they won't be there. We tote lots of reading material with us and then donate them to the library. Yes, I know it's heavy, but that's the way we get extra space on the way home. Dispose of books and gain "souvenirs." :) I need instant gratification, which is why I spend a fortune each year on books. This is my addiction, but a safe one.

Arlene

Bill I'm along for your cruise also, thanks for taking up where Tony left off. My only request is, despite Arlene (sorry about that Arlene), is to please have some Baaaaa for me. Didn't you just love European drivers! :eek: Impossible to drive without one hand on the horn. :eek:

Barb

Hi,

There are 3 in the Library on Deck 5, 19 in the IC on deck 7. Don't take that monster(IMHO) I have a 17" also, too heavy to lug around & you Have to Pay $0.50/Min Regardless! People Come & people go quickly, some are addicts like Tony & I.;) If the Software behaved itself it would be no problem at all. However sometimes a lot are down & the Pruser is slow to take care of them as has been noted many times. They were Extra busy last night & afternoon, because of having to let family know back home the arrived safely. & still there was always on avail, upstairs, even with 7 or 8 out of order!:( I'm an eBay "Power Seller" & Buyer(:D ) MySelf, but I leave eBay alone on the Ships! They are just too Slowwwwwwwwwwww.:(

My Best! Bill

Thanks for the great info, I appreciate it :) Sometimes in the ports you can find those 'loose' wi-fi signals, so I wasn't thinking of using the laptop onboard. I'm one of those people who like to download all of my emails and read them leisurely in the cabin or somewhere else on deck. I'm 50/50 right now as to whether I'll lug the beast. Thanks again for the info!

Hey Bill. You're back and already on page two. I will also be on the Golden in January, along with AcaCandy, and am anxious to hear how she is after her dry dock. You are a brave, brave man to drive in Rome.

By the way. . .anyone looking for Tony's post, I think it has just drifted back a few pages. So still there but closed to new posts. Here's the link to find it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=434704

My Third try:D with this post to you:eek:! Looks Great for a 5 Year+ Old ship, I can't see any real wear in the Public Areas I've been in so far, lots of New Carpeting in Hallways, & Elevators Areas, etc, And the Princess theater seemed in exceptional shape considering it age, looks like new to me. Yes Roma Driving is Crazy, you must be Crazy also to survive:D "When in Roma, Do as the Romans Do!"

Thank you for the URL to the Old Live from for those that still need to read it! & Thanks for coming along, again! My Best! Bill LIve on the Golden!

Danny, I'll answer the library question for you. Most of my time, when not on the computer, is spent reading. The ships' libraries all have a good assortment; some better than others. If you're looking for very current best sellers; no, they won't be there. We tote lots of reading material with us and then donate them to the library. Yes, I know it's heavy, but that's the way we get extra space on the way home. Dispose of books and gain "souvenirs." :) I need instant gratification, which is why I spend a fortune each year on books. This is my addiction, but a safe one.

Arlene

Arlene, my brother-in-law and I do the exact same thing, i.e., bring lots of books with us and then donate them to the library. They weigh my suitcase down going to the cruise but then I have space freed up for the souvenirs. Have you ever noticed that even if you don't buy a single thing, your clothing takes up more space going home than going to the cruise? Good thing my suitcase is expandable.

Bill,

Thanks for starting this new thread, I'm looking forward to reading how your cruise is going everyday. I followed Tony's for his entire cruise and was very entertained and got alot of good information. My Mother and I will be on the Golden leaving Dec 16th from New Orleans, I'm really looking forward to it and it will be a really good relaxing vacation for her. This will be her Christmas Present, I have done this for her for the last two years and she's really enjoyed cruising. We have cruised Carnival, NCL, and now Princess. Our cruise's so far have been 7 days at most, but I am really interested in some of these repositioning cruises. They seem to be a good value for the money, especially if you enjoy the ship as much or more than you do the ports. Anyway, I look forward to reading your posts as we anticipate our trip.

Danny

Yes, this will be Wonderful for your Mom, it nice you have been able to do that!:) I lost my Mom this Summer, & I would have Loved to take Her on a Cruise to Norway, but it was never to be:(. But She did get on the SS Norway in the Caribe & to Alaska on HAL 2 years ago:)

Yes, the Repo Cruises are always some of the Best Bargains in Cruising.

The Library, where I am right now, is well stocked, Irene found several good books to read on the first day & yes you can take them out without cost!;) If you need more specifics on types, I will find out if you ask me?

Thanks for coming along! Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS!

Arlene

Thank you Again, for your help! Bill Live on the Golden!

Tony&Bill,

I am so glad to have the two of you helping in my quest. We were in C241. Viharn has worked for Princess for a while. He ended his contract and is home for two months before returning to Princess. He has supported his whole family with his job with Princess. I taught english as a second language and know when someone is a good student. I really want to help him.

Judy

Tony thanks for doing this again! It's nice to know that you will take the pressure off of all of us on our transatlantic in Oct because you will be the one in the Internet cafe reporting!!!

Hi Dobie,

Bill here, Tony's @ Home on Vacation!:D He comes back to Work on the Tahitian Dec 17th & I'm Off on Dec 16th!;)

Thanks for coming along again:) & I'll see you on the TA Next Oct on the Emerald!;) But you can join me in the IC if you like?;) My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Arlene, my brother-in-law and I do the exact same thing, i.e., bring lots of books with us and then donate them to the library. They weigh my suitcase down going to the cruise but then I have space freed up for the souvenirs. Have you ever noticed that even if you don't buy a single thing, your clothing takes up more space going home than going to the cruise? Good thing my suitcase is expandable.

Amazing isn't it? The bottom line is that we're very neat when we leave home and very messy when we head back home.

Arlene

Arlene

Arlene,

Thanks for your input, my last cruise was on the NCL Sun and they had a pretty good library there. I was very suprised with the diversity of books, but now I see why it's so well stocked. I'm going to take a few to leave with the ship as well after reading your suggestion. Thanks again.

Danny

OK, "Richard Krementz Gemstones";)

Also, they are Marked Down 50% the last 20 Days or so, $1,500 - $3,000

(From $3,000 to $6,000:eek: ) Yes they are Gorgeous!:D My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS!

Archived