#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

Bill,

my interests are pretty broad, since your wife was able to find several books on the first day I probably will be able to as well. If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been cruising and what drew you to it? My cruise in December will be my 4th, and I have enjoyed each one. As I stated earlier I am ready to try a longer sailing, possibly a repositioning cruise next year. How do you handle your bookings, do you use a travel agent or book thru Princess? Also, what is it about Princess that has captured you and your wife's loyalty. Hope I'm not asking too many questions, have a good day.

Danny

Bill,

my interests are pretty broad, since your wife was able to find several books on the first day I probably will be able to as well. If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been cruising and what drew you to it? My cruise in December will be my 4th, and I have enjoyed each one. As I stated earlier I am ready to try a longer sailing, possibly a repositioning cruise next year. How do you handle your bookings, do you use a travel agent or book thru Princess? Also, what is it about Princess that has captured you and your wife's loyalty. Hope I'm not asking too many questions, have a good day.

Danny

I'm not jumping into this one; going to let Bill run with it. But I will tell you that our little 10 day cruise next week will be #51 and 23rd with Princess. :D

Arlene

Bill I'm along for your cruise also, thanks for taking up where Tony left off. My only request is, despite Arlene (sorry about that Arlene), is to please have some Baaaaa for me. Didn't you just love European drivers! :eek: Impossible to drive without one hand on the horn. :eek:

Barb

Well, you know Italians like to talk with their hands so that horn thing makes sense. We've seen some pretty interesting hand signals also:eek: .

Have been enjoying reading the posts from the Golden. Arlene sold us on minisuites the last time we sailed together and we are in an AC on both the 2/24 Golden South America for my 65th and the May 5 from Alaska for our anniversary. Was on the QM2 to Eastern Canada in October, now there was a library, because we do a lot of reading on a long cruise. Take care of the ship for all of us.

Have been enjoying reading the posts from the Golden. Arlene sold us on minisuites the last time we sailed together and we are in an AC on both the 2/24 Golden South America for my 65th and the May 5 from Alaska for our anniversary. Was on the QM2 to Eastern Canada in October, now there was a library, because we do a lot of reading on a long cruise. Take care of the ship for all of us.

Hey Dick.....Seems like Arlene should get commission. Tell them. :D

Arlene

Not sure if I am addressing the right situation, but speaking of the Internet Cafe on the Dawn--we did the Mexican Riveria. We are Platinum so we had a bit more flexibility than the others in the Internet Cafe, but still, the frustration was obvious. The equipment went into "freeze" mode every few minutes. One time, the gal who was supposed to be the Princes IT person told me she couldn't help me as she was on break and just checking her e-mail.

The Reception (Purser's office) said if your machine freezes up and you are Platinum "don't worry, you won't be charged." The only factor is YOU CAN"T GET BACK ON the internet until someone comes and closes your machine down.

Princess internet is a nightmare. Worst that I have ever seen on the line. Don't know what is going on. We thought the IT gal was a "blithering idiot." That wasn't nice, but I am not the only one.

Wow Arlene. 51 cruises?? That's fabulous! :D

Ramblingman27 - Danny: I think that is so nice you are taking your mom on a cruise. I will be on the same sailing with my sister. It's her first cruise ever. We are booked on the Golden in April out of San Fran and this is her "tester" cruise. There is a rollcall for this sailing under the princess roll-call threads.

Hope you are having fun Bill. I checked out the webcams earlier.:)

Thank you for taking the time to check out the Blue Zircons for me. Hummm, they certainly weren't 50% off when we were on the Golden in the Fall. In fact, if I remember rightly they told us that they never or rarely ever go on sale at all!

My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary next August on the TP and instead of a diamond or something, I really would love a Blue Zircon ring. It's sort of an appropriate thing for me because it is blue like the ocean and I LOVE the water!! Those rings by Richard Krementz are especially beautiful because of the platinum and gold settings - really nicely done!

Thanks again for the info. Have a great trip and I will enjoy following your thread!

Thank you for taking the time to check out the Blue Zircons for me. Hummm, they certainly weren't 50% off when we were on the Golden in the Fall. In fact, if I remember rightly they told us that they never or rarely ever go on sale at all!

My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary next August on the TP and instead of a diamond or something, I really would love a Blue Zircon ring. It's sort of an appropriate thing for me because it is blue like the ocean and I LOVE the water!! Those rings by Richard Krementz are especially beautiful because of the platinum and gold settings - really nicely done!

Thanks again for the info. Have a great trip and I will enjoy following your thread!

Thank you & Your More than Welcome!:)

Not sure, but I think he made it sound like they may be closing them out, if so you could take a Quickie on the Golden in NO, there are 3 RTs Cheap & pay for them with your savings:eek: (IMHO)(& if your sch allows?;) )(or on another Princess(2/3 Day) Calif Coastal Cruise, or check them out on eBay?;) My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!

Bill I'm along for your cruise also, thanks for taking up where Tony left off. My only request is, despite Arlene (sorry about that Arlene), is to please have some Baaaaa for me. Didn't you just love European drivers! Impossible to drive without one hand on the horn. Barb

Hi Barb,

Irene, Had three Baaaaaaa :D Chops last night, Great!(Sorry, A) I had the Sirloin Strip,

Excellent! W/ Ceasar Salad & Hot Choc Pudding on Choc Cake with Whipped Cream (Sinful:eek: ):D

Crazy is the only way to Drive & Survive in Roma!:D "When in Roma, Do as the Romans do!":D My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Tony&Bill,

I am so glad to have the two of you helping in my quest. We were in C241. Viharn has worked for Princess for a while. He ended his contract and is home for two months before returning to Princess. He has supported his whole family with his job with Princess. I taught english as a second language and know when someone is a good student. I really want to help him.

Judy

Princess employees Can NOT reply to eMails sent by PAXs as a Matter of Policy:( It is understandable, although there should be some special exceptions(IMHO);) Judy, If you eMail me at: Bill @ Jotbill dot com , I'll

have it forwarded to Viharn, by Karen or someone else & he can eMail you,

OK? That is a Very Nice Jesture on your part Judy!;) My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN!

Thanks for the great info, I appreciate it :) Sometimes in the ports you can find those 'loose' wi-fi signals, so I wasn't thinking of using the laptop onboard. I'm one of those people who like to download all of my emails and read them leisurely in the cabin or somewhere else on deck. I'm 50/50 right now as to whether I'll lug the beast. Thanks again for the info!

Maybe you could buy a Little 10.5 - 11in for about $500 on the Net, fully loaded, these days & bring that, about 5#s;) I've got an 10.5" I paid $699.00 for 2 Years ago, & it is just as powerful as my 15 & 17 Laptops! Great for PIC Downloads from the Camera Also!:D Fits in my carryone or in a very small soft case!:)

Bill

LIVE on the Golden

Hi Barb,

Irene, Had three Baaaaaaa :D Chops last night, Great!(Sorry, A) I had the Sirloin Strip,

Excellent! W/ Ceasar Salad & Hot Choc Pudding on Choc Cake with Whipped Cream (Sinful:eek: ):D

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Bill feel free to let me know each and every time Baaaaa is on the menu! It just heightens my enjoyment of cruising vicariously with you. Barb

Good Morning from very warm and humid South Florida. Watching the news a few minute ago; weather is abominable in midwest and moving east/northeast. Sorry to say that thousands of cruisers will be affected this weekend. Never having been in this situation makes me wonder whether travel insurance has "acts of god" coverage. Even if air is booked through cruise line, they can't get you there if the planes aren't flying. Anyone know?

Arlene

We have freezing rain right now in Montreal and SNOW!!!!...time for me to run back onto a ship!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Maybe you could buy a Little 10.5 - 11in for about $500 on the Net, fully loaded, these days & bring that, about 5#s;) I've got an 10.5" I paid $699.00 for 2 Years ago, & it is just as powerful as my 15 & 17 Laptops! Great for PIC Downloads from the Camera Also!:D Fits in my carryone or in a very small soft case!

Bill

LIVE on the Golden

That thought had crossed my mind, maybe next time, as we're leaving from Acapulco and even the 'cheaper' fully loaded machines here cost well over $1000 and trying to ship one here would result in a very happy customs official :eek: and Christmas is coming :D

I also like to download pictures to the laptop. I did pick up a 2 gig SD chip in addition to the 1 gig and 512 that I already had, so, I think I'm pretty well covered in case I don't take it along......at least I hope :D

Thank you for coming along & you kind words!:) Will Do.;) Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Hi...thank you Bill for replacing Tony's 'Live From'.....just reading your 'news' from the cruise ship warms me up. It's only 32F here and there is this white stuff on the ground...LOL

My question...does anyone know why Princess would keep our door keys/cruise cards when we disembarked the Grand on Nov. 18? I was upset, for the second that I was allowed to digest that information before 'she' grabbed it out of my hand, because that card is an integral part of my cruise memory.

Perhaps after my 30th cruise...it won't be so important....but I don't even have 20 cruises under my belt yet....getting closer though.

Just wondered if Tony had to hand his card in...or anyone else disembarking a recent Princess cruise.

Thanks...and enjoy your cruise!

Joyce :D

Hi Bill and Irene,

I'm back to "cruise" along with you again. Just came back from a quick getaway cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau ( had a fabulous time....if you get a chance, Half Moon Cay is not to be missed...what a beautiful port! ). Finished on Tony's cruise on the 22nd, took my cruise and came back to join you on yours. It worked out quite well for me. ( not planned, just happened that way )

It's good to be Back on Princess, 6 Days in Rome ended up wearing us out, not resting us up:D

Now you know why we all enjoy cruising so much. It's much easier to let someone else take you from place to place, port to port....the beauty of cruising.

Thanks, Bill for taking the time out to post a "Live from" again

Mary

Arlene,

Thanks for your input, my last cruise was on the NCL Sun and they had a pretty good library there. I was very suprised with the diversity of books, but now I see why it's so well stocked. I'm going to take a few to leave with the ship as well after reading your suggestion. Thanks again.

Danny

Danny, Arlene, et al,

Yes, That's a Great Idea for keeping the Princess Library up to date!;)

I'll mention it to Irene Also & Maybe We can Help, any one else?:D

My Best!

Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN IN BARCELONA!

The Entertainment on the Golden so far has been SUPER, Magnifico!Wow, one Great Act after another, two in the Same nite & the onboard Italian Piano Player Maurizio is in Magnifico!:D (athough his background music could be lowered) Wowe, the "New" Production Show "Caliente' "

is one of the Best we have seen yet! Last nite's Jon Courtney, "The Piano, The Comedy, The Show" Wow, Wow, Wow!:D THis will be our best entertained trip Ever, I'm almost sure, & we are only on day 4!;) THe CD, has a Great Singing Voice, the Lead Production Male Singer,Joe Sackenheim, Wow, Can He sing anything,

Maurizio, Opera,Pop, Oldies, anything. The First nite(Short) & 2nd nite(Long) Comedy Super. Wow, When will it all stop?:confused: I hope not until New Orleans on the 16th!;) There is more but I want this Post to go! so Cut...........................

Bill

Live on the Golden!

Lovely AM in Barcelona, at Pier (Tendered Yesterday at Cannes), first Morning with Any Clouds, The Weather This Trip so far, has been "to die for" this time of year, Mild, ever Warm, & Sunnny, Sunny, & Sunny! Including the 6 Days in Roma, (& it was suspose to be a lot of Rain those first 5 Days, go figure, that's why I got out of the Weather Biz, I guess ).

THE PLAN:

We have Short PM Tours(or self tours) scheduled Every Day until Casablanca, Full Day, Maybe? We have never been here(the Med) before. Will be posting a lot more when we leave Mederia & have nine (9) nights without getting off the Ship, WOW!!!! Lots of time to post then!

12/7 - 12/15!

I will post as often as I can,:) but We're going to All the Shows We can, & going to hear Maurizo, after those, until We get tired of Him, if Ever?:D

I will answer All questions in a timely fashion to the best of my ability & will ask Staff if possible. I will report on items of the Golden I find noteworthy, but limited until all those Sea Days come.;)

I enjoy doing this, so No Problem!:D I'm not Tony, he is the Master & he can maintain his Role. I'm just a fill in while he is home or on a different Ship. but I will continue to do these "Live froms.." as long as you All want to come along & I Enjoy it!:D

My Very Best to you All!

Bill

LIVE FROM THE BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN PRINCESS!

Hi...thank you Bill for replacing Tony's 'Live From'.....just reading your 'news' from the cruise ship warms me up. It's only 32F here and there is this white stuff on the ground...LOL

My question...does anyone know why Princess would keep our door keys/cruise cards when we disembarked the Grand on Nov. 18? I was upset, for the second that I was allowed to digest that information before 'she' grabbed it out of my hand, because that card is an integral part of my cruise memory.

Perhaps after my 30th cruise...it won't be so important....but I don't even have 20 cruises under my belt yet....getting closer though.

Just wondered if Tony had to hand his card in...or anyone else disembarking a recent Princess cruise.

Thanks...and enjoy your cruise!

Joyce :D

Joyce I still have mine...sometimes as it happened on the Pacific Princess in Cape Town on OCt 13th, the ship kept my cruise card. The reason for this isn't so obvious to the pax. Sometimes when they are having a problem with APASS (the compter that tracks us on and off the ship when you swipe your card) they will keep all cruise cards on disembarkation to manually reconcille the pax list.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Good Morning from very warm and humid South Florida. Watching the news a few minute ago; weather is abominable in midwest and moving east/northeast. Sorry to say that thousands of cruisers will be affected this weekend. Never having been in this situation makes me wonder whether travel insurance has "acts of god" coverage. Even if air is booked through cruise line, they can't get you there if the planes aren't flying. Anyone know?

Arlene

I Don't have a Clue? Anyone? Thanks! Bill

Archived