Boozin & Cruzin!

psblin99

Is it my imagination or is there a big connection. We are a bunch of lushes. All theses threads about the topic. I already have 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of scotch. Just got a bunch of drink coupons for the Rum Runners. Now I am not sure I have enough wine. I am going solo:D

I wonder if they will let me drive the boat!!!

I'll sign up for the lush squad!!!

7 day cruise means I have the drink of the day every day, drinks around the pool, drinking in Carlos N'Charlies (or Senor Frog's, whatever's applicable) and trying new drinks just to see what they're like.

Not to mention the 4 bottles of wine for dinner consumption. :) And I'm very conservative compared to a lot of people I know. :)

Is it my imagination or is there a big connection. We are a bunch of lushes. All theses threads about the topic. I already have 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of scotch. Just got a bunch of drink coupons for the Rum Runners. Now I am not sure I have enough wine. I am going solo:D

I wonder if they will let me drive the boat!!!

A boat, or in this case a ship, must be "piloted"......landlubbers ! what can you do?.It is said "don't drink and drive".....I guess one can drink and pilot!:rolleyes:

A boat, or in this case a ship, must be "piloted"......landlubbers ! what can you do?.It is said "don't drink and drive".....I guess one can drink and pilot!:rolleyes:

i lived on the water for 81/2 years (boat literally in my backyard in the canal). I now live off but still have a boat, just a newer one. i "drive" my boat. (well really DH does, mostly).

i never say i "pilot" it. and i got a 98 on my power squadron safety course (which i took for the 10% insurance discount), and don't remember that term ever being said.

BUT, one should never call the "head" the bathroom or "below" the cabin, the "galley" the kitchen, or the "aft cabin" the back bunk!;)

Oh ... and cruisers should never, ever call their room stewards "Stewart" unless that is their name:p

i lived on the water for 81/2 years (boat literally in my backyard in the canal). I now live off but still have a boat, just a newer one. i "drive" my boat. (well really DH does, mostly).

i never say i "pilot" it. and i got a 98 on my power squadron safety course (which i took for the 10% insurance discount), and don't remember that term ever being said.

BUT, one should never call the "head" the bathroom or "below" the cabin, the "galley" the kitchen, or the "aft cabin" the back bunk!;)

Oh ... and cruisers should never, ever call their room stewards "Stewart" unless that is their name:p

And then there's the Harbor "driver" and the aircraft "driver" ! ! So you're not a real boat "driver", mostly just a passenger, right ?:p

No work, no cell phone, no email, no schedule (except for getting to the piano bar early enough to get a seat at the piano) no carpools, no driving at all and, on my next cruise in a couple of week, no kids! Sounds like a booze cruise to me!!

This is my 4th vacation this year. Turks & Caicos, St Thomas, NYC and now the Miracle 12-24. God is smiling on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... just a Sailors six or seven cents here.... the difference between a ship and boat is simple.... a "boat" leans toward, or into, a turn, a "ship" leans away or outward from a turn... at least surface vessels... all submarines are "boats".

Ships are only "piloted" when a Pilot is onboard. These are special mariners with specific knowledge about a port, channel, bar or river. They make many dollars an hour bringing ships into or thru hazardous navigation areas. You will see the pilotboat come alongside as you near a port. They will drop off the pilot, who will then aid the ship into the pier. You may notice your ship is flying certain flags only while a pilot is onboard.

During normal at-sea steaming, one of the ships officers or crew simply "has the conn". This means they are in control of steerage and propulsion. They may or may not actually be in physical custody of the ships wheel. Even when a pilot is aboard, a crew member normally "has the conn", and the pilot makes recommendations to the "conning officer"; the ships Captain is always responsible, pilot or not.

Ships are not "driven"...they are "run", "put", "sailed", among many terms...ie "run aground", "put to sea", " sailed east".

I thought this thread was about boozin' and cruisin'. You are getting way too technical for me. Can we get back to foo-foo drinks?

Like "some" ashore, people will take drinking to excess, but why take to excess when on a cruise (which has cost $$$$$) On my last cruises, I have seen couples with their "bucket o booze" at 9 in the morning, and never let it get empty. Also saw a passenger so out of it drunk that she had to be supported all the way back to the ship by two of her friends, at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. For the rest of you responsible drinkers, please continue to booze & cruise. (off my soap box now, thank you);)

Mr. Las Vegas.........your signature asks......where has the rum gone?????????

I believe the folks on this thread have dun drunk it:cool:

And to Sharkin......what's the difference between a (Carnival) "ship" and a QMII "liner". Saw this the other day on the Travel Channel...at first I thought it was a transatlantic thing....to withstand the hi, woops, high seas....but then again other "ships" go trans Atlantic.............

Please pass the gin.......

Ok... just a Sailors six or seven cents here.... the difference between a ship and boat is simple.... a "boat" leans toward, or into, a turn, a "ship" leans away or outward from a turn... at least surface vessels... all submarines are "boats".

Ships are only "piloted" when a Pilot is onboard. These are special mariners with specific knowledge about a port, channel, bar or river. They make many dollars an hour bringing ships into or thru hazardous navigation areas. You will see the pilotboat come alongside as you near a port. They will drop off the pilot, who will then aid the ship into the pier. You may notice your ship is flying certain flags only while a pilot is onboard.

During normal at-sea steaming, one of the ships officers or crew simply "has the conn". This means they are in control of steerage and propulsion. They may or may not actually be in physical custody of the ships wheel. Even when a pilot is aboard, a crew member normally "has the conn", and the pilot makes recommendations to the "conning officer"; the ships Captain is always responsible, pilot or not.

Ships are not "driven"...they are "run", "put", "sailed", among many terms...ie "run aground", "put to sea", " sailed east".

Yes it is very technical but you've learned something as I have. Cool "trivia", we'll just put that in the back of the brain. Could be the deciding question for that "ship" on a stick.

Mowrider, that girl was probably at Carlos & Charlies, or Senior Frogs, where they just pour it down your throat and don't give a f$%k about you, just so long as you pay the overpriced bill. I went to C & C in Aruba in '05, we were supposed to meet another couple there, thank God they didn't show, $8.00 for two Balashis and we left, what a dump. I don't see the attraction.

Anyways I'd like to become a member of TLC, The Lushes Club, just so long as the meetings are not at C&C or Senoir Frogs. This is what I'm doing for my initiation; next cruise, in 27 days, I will be boarding with 4 bottles of wine and some rum & rye. I've ordered a gift basket that has some wine in it. So that's 5 bottles for a eight day. We'll be attending any and every wine tasting that they have also. Oh did I mention that in '03 on the Disney Magic our bar bill (for 2 people) was @ $1050.00, just for the bar, and that doesn't count the free ones which we got a lot of, and I'm not talking about the Captains party. I like to add them up when we get home. Now remember to get to know your bar tenders & servers. Call them by name and you just might get some freebeis.

Now I have sat in the Captains chair on the bridge and touched the "wheel". They were on auto pilot.

So I submit this as my application into The Lushes Club.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

:D I drink two drinks in the morning

I drink two drinks at night,

I drink two drinks in the afternoon

and it makes me feel alright

I drink two drinks in time of peace

and two in time of war

I drink two drinks before I drink two drinks

and then I drink two more

Aint nuttin like a little Sublime to start off a cruise right!! :D

:D I drink two drinks in the morning

I drink two drinks at night,

I drink two drinks in the afternoon