Cabin fridge secrets

Faygelah

I remember reading on these boards that there is some way to make the in-cabin fridge a "real" fridge. Somebody said that there was some way to get the refrigerators cold, like a secret switch somewhere. The last time we were onboard, I looked for it, but didn't find anything. I'm always disappointed that the soda I sneak on board gets lukewarm when the "fridge" is really more like an insulated cooler. Any ideas?

I don't recall a problem with the refrigerator not cooling. My son uses insulin and it is always cold. You might need to turn a switch to make it colder. If not, the attendants are always wonderful at fixing or replacing problematic equipment.

We have been in several rooms where the fridge just didn't keep anything cold. When we inquired at the desk about this, we were told that it is simply a cooler and not a refridgerator, and on more than one cruiseline. I think they all advertise this is a mini fridge.

We found the secret this last cruise out on a brand new ship! We attempted to turn the dial to the coolest setting and everything warmed up even more so after doing this. This doesn't always do the trick. The coldest setting was actually one notch down from the max. We had to play with this back and forth to find which actually kept our beverages cold. It is not foolproof, as we discovered this only last time out, but definitely worth a try. We actually thought it worked like a real fridge.

Archived