N711 Sunset Seduction 1-11/4/2007

Oxstang

Have cruised previously on Pacific Sky and loved it. We are going on the Pacific Sun to Noumea, Ouvea, Vila & Pentecost Is. as above.

Our daughter turns 19 whilst on the cruise and was wondering if they do anything special for birthday celebrants?

It's Easter as well, do they do anything special?

Also, are the cabin doors on the Sun metal or wood - we want to stick signs on the door.

Also, at Pentecost Is. how long does the land diving go on and how many dives are made? Have seen some photos and it looks like you can get real close!

Someone said you can get pitchers of orange juice free to your room, true?

Thanks in advance.

we were on the sun last easter. They ahd a catholic mass and another mass (non demoninational ) i think. They also had a lovely easter display of egss etc. I am not sure if they did an egg hunt for the littlies as i didnt have kids that young. We decided not to take eggs for the kids. We travelled with friends.

They do birthday cakes at dinner(nearly every night of our cruise someone had a birthday. everyone sings happy birthday.

Mkae her wera a silly hat or something so everyone takes notice of her and wishes her happy birthday!!!

i wish that cruise was a few days later to take in the school holidays, maybe then we could .........NO!!! have to stop thinking about booking another cruise.

you will have fun

karon

Hi Oxstang. give details of your daughters birthday to the Maitre de, a couple of days beforehand. You may have to pay something like $15.00 for a cake for 8 people. the free cakes are a small serve for the birthday person,( the size of a cupcake.), they do make it special, singing Happy Birthday, and most tables around join in too. You will find on any cruise , most nights someone is having a Birthday or wedding anniversary. so there will be plenty of singing and banging of lids.

they also put up a sign outside the cabin door.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Oxstang. Welcome to the cruise family. Go to P&O roll calls and post. There is a post already for your cruise. You can chat to the people going on your cruise. Of coarse you can also keep chatting to us here . Suexxx

Hi Oxtang! The diving at pentecost goes on for ages about 2 hours i think and there are 12 levels. Starting with the young one on lower levels. Everyone was starting to get a bit restless by the time the last diver jumped!

Closer to about 3 hrs the day we were there - and by that time most people had wandered off to the lovely beach there for a swim.

That day there'd also been rain just as the ship anchored, so the track to the jump site and the jump site itself quickly became a mud bath - but no one was complaining. Except maybe the laundry staff on the ship who had to deal with about 1000 blue & white towels covered in mud!

Between swimming on the island, swimming on the ship, and getting caught in two rainstorms (one on the tender platform and another on the island), I think that's probably the wettest day I've had on a cruise.

On my last cruise, I put in the CP for Princess that there was going to be a birthday celebrated during the cruise (a week late). I nominated a day, and that morning there were balloons at the door, as well as a Happy Birthday sign on the door. It remained there for the rest of the cruise. About 20% of the cabins were clebrating something whether a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, graduation etc.

Archived